Sky Racing Star Stable - Spring Carnival Fantasy comp

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bearfly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Narrowed done to 6 guys gonna just go for the win.
    Jukebox Jury, Illo, Moyenne, Lucas, Dunaden and Foxy.

Think after reading that article at Racing Vic, that any international at a low weight should be in the multi's, So Modun looks the chance for the upset.

2. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Hi guys, quick question - am I right in thinking that a $20 bet on 5 horse flexi-trifecta pays out 1/3 of the dividends? So if the trifecta was $100 you'd win $33 for every $1 put on the correct combination?

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ port

That sounds about right to me.

Still finalising my selections here - watching the earlier races to ensure no track bias rears it's ugly head - currently looks like the track is racing true.

4. port_leschenault

Cheers Bearfly! Typical the one horse I'm really happy about gets scratched! But wow, Mourayan injured and raced 2nd at Mackinnon. Definitely would have owned here. Had to bring in an Unusual Suspect into the 5 horse flexi-trifecta. If Illo gets in there I'll be pissed!

Good luck everyone

5. Bearfly

I see that Suspect as the best roughie in the race going on Caulfield Cup form.

Interesting to see the track upgraded to Good before the 5th - that would play right into Lucas's hands but goes against Red Cadeaux.

Interesting discussion on the 7 coverage talking about potential tactics in the race - they reckon Glass Harmonium could lead in the early stages then JJ taking over the lead in the 2nd half of the race - this would definitely play into the hands of horses like Americain, Dunaden, the Drunk Sailor, the Suspect, Fox Hunt, Lucas, Illo, Lost In The Moment, Modun, At First Sight & Moyenne Cornich!!!

6. mark

mark New Member

im a tad confused as to why At First Site was ridden completely different compared to the Werribee Cup, anyone able to shed any light on this?

7. port_leschenault

Dunaden!!! Was that close or what? Went "oh shit" at the turn, then he went in front, then Red Cadeux looked like he pipped him...wow. 1st, 3rd and 5th in the trifecta as well...maybe on another I'd be celebrating a bit more but I think this is my first major in in the Cup, woop!

8. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Damn...pussied out at the last minute and put Americain as the roving banker instead of Dunaden. Had all of the other runners in the tri but got smoked by Lucas Cranach in the photo.

9. Bearfly

Bloody Red Cadeaux stuffed all my multiples - had 6 of the first 7 over the line in my exacta's and trifecta's - but unfortunately not the bloody 2nd horse!!!

But on a positive note, Dunaden has paid for my trip to Adelaide in 10 days time for my Mum's 70th as well as a return trip there for Christmas with my family :D

Great race and the closest finish in history - was near on sure that the judge would announce a dead-heat until they showed the photo - the margin was that close I would've struggled to fit one of my rollie papers between them!!!

Now onto Thursday and the Oaks, then followed by Saturday which should be called Black Caviar Day!!!

10. Dunaden and Lucas Cranach helped my bank account but no love on the trifectas

11. Bearfly

Expect to see more international runners pressing for a run next year after the outstanding success of this years raiders (Godolphin excepted).

Would not surprise me to see several using the Geelong Cup as a lead up to the Cup from now on, the proof is in the results - 3 Internationals to use it as their lead up race, 3 GC winners, 3 Melbourne cup winners!!!

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Geelong Cup get a boost in prizemoney and possibly be elevated to Group 2 status!!!

Rolled some of my Cup winnings onto Lamasery in the 8th at fixed odds of $5 - that betting account continues to grow :D

12. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Won the cup, the quaddie and the big 6 at Flemington today. Not a bad day at all!! Also brought Dunaden into my fantasy team, so good money wins there! Like most missed out on the trifecta and first 4 because of red cadeaux. Actually saw yesterday that someone had put $5K on Red cadeaux to win, so was contemplating including it all day, but didn't. Bad decision!

13. graeme

graeme Guest

well done UnderAchievers, good punting indeed.

The scores for this round should be interesting with a lot of Dunaden's and Americain's in the group. Will be interested to see who else sorted out Lucas Cranach. Am guessing no one had Red Cadeaux!

Don't forget the next round is Thursday

regards
    chels

14. Bearfly

Chels, I had Dunaden, Lucas, Americain & Unusual Suspect all in the money, but unfortunately my jockey selection let me down with only a win in the first!!!

Should be some big movers on our league ladder!!!

Hope you had a decent day on the punt mate :)

15. whips

whips New Member

Jockey selection was OK Bear as no one rode a double. If you snagged $100K you're as good as anyone.
    Interesting that roundtheoutside was the only one of the leaders to miss Dunaden.
    I thought we were all playing for 2nd behind him but things change.
    Now, how do I plot to get back chels' lead?

Of course I'm speaking purely fantasy here after a bad coupla days on the punt!!

16. graeme

graeme Guest

I was as surprised as you were whips at round the outside not having Dunaden.

I now see that while there is a transfer window for the Star Stable comp before the Oaks tomorrow there is not for the Sportal Dream Team comp. That seems to favour Gongolfin in the latter (Dowager Queen and Rahveel v. Mosheen) and me in the former (Mosheen v. zip).

Good comps and interesting how different our stables are in each.

regards
    chels

17. Anyone looking at the Kyneton Cup today? With only 11 horses I'm thinking a 5-way boxed tri could be some good odds

18. Come on Bear, I need some tips!

19. whips

whips New Member

Yeah chels, the strategies are interesting.

With a Tuesday to Thursday lockout in the Sportal comp, I decided to add a couple of Oaks runners (and not Cup runners) given the difficulty of the Cup. That both races are worth the same points might be considered a weakness of that comp.

I'll be adding an Oaks runner or two to the Sky comp so it won't be Mosheen vs zip on the day.

FWIW, my initial thoughts were that Mosheen wouldn't get the 2500m (hence Dowager and Rahveel) but she certainly has a class edge. She might join my stable yet!!

Good luck and good punting.

20. Bearfly

@ BB

Not much of a fan of these lowly country cups - usually reserve my punting for the meetings/races where the top class are on show.

That being said, I had a look through the form and I would include # 3, 6 & 15 in the mix.

Hope that helps a bit mate.