Fan Planner Team - Just for some FOOTY talk!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Dekka

Dekka Member

Yeah, sounds easy in theory. There were 88 players last year that played 3 games or less all season. You can spend all your trades chasing the right rookies, or get lucky on the right ones.

2. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I don't see what's so hard about picking rookies. Two thirds of your rookies should be successful then you if 2 pre round 3 trades to adjust rookies. You should be able to get enough good rookies.

3. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

I don't subscribe to the 2 trade pre round 3 theory. With the 3 bye rounds and 3 trades going in each of those rounds if you want a hope, people are going to find that more benefit will come from saving those two trades for finals/ a late overall push.

4. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

How many premiums are coaches looking at starting? 13? 14? 15?

In my current team i have 13. Is that on the money or does 14 sound like a better starting point

5. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

I'm looking at potential keepers rather than premiums as I'm going the midpricer strategy.

6. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

$900 left, Rucks could be a bit weak but no doubt it will all change again lol.

Defence.
    Scotland, Broughton, Shaw, Fletcher D, Lake, Tuohy, Smedts, (Blee, Wilkes).

Midfield.
    Ablett, Goddard, Swan, Thompson, Docherty, Pfeiffer, (Mitchell, Zorko).

Ruck.
    Ryder, Mcintosh, (giles, Stephensen).

Forwards.
    Franklin, Harvey, Pavlich, Walker A, Bate, Tomlinson, Saad, (Rowe, Treloar).

7. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

TEAM NAME: Frijole, The
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Enright, G. Broughton, G. Johncock, B. Ellis, S. Morris (B. Smedts, N. Blee)
    MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Coniglio, T. Adams, C. Smith (D. Shiel, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Watts, J. Brown, A. Christensen, A. Didak, A. Saad (D. Zorko, M. Lynch)
    CASH LEFT: $12,000

8. Knucklebusters

How many rookies would you tend to have?

My team is made up of 43% rookie's, 20% Mid's and 37% premiums. Too me it looks like i have too many rookies but most of the rookie's i have chosen have fairly good write up's????

9. pbabs

pbabs New Member

awesome days Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by pbabs. Salary cap left: $1,086,800.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Josh Gibson, Brian Lake, Phil Davis, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
    Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Matt Priddis, Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Anthony Morabito, Sam Reid, Dayne Zorko
    Luke Brown, James McDonald

Ben McEvoy, Matthew Kreuzer
    Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Alan Didak, Jason Winderlich, Jason Porplyzia, Scott Gumbleton
    Darren Pfeiffer, Sam Rowe

First go, lots of money to spend. I am more likely for the leagues, as much as I would like to think, I am no chance for overall (25,000's last year)

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

The common structure that most people tend to have this season is: 13-14 premiums, 2 midpricers, and 14-15 rookies.

11. SuperCoachSuperStar

@pbabs

Why would you have $1,086,800 left over you should use the cash to upgrade two rookies to premiums.

12. Knucklebusters

<blockquote>Quote from SuperCoachSuperStar on January 28, 2012, 17:51
    The common structure that most people tend to have this season is: 13-14 premiums, 2 midpricers, and 14-15 rookies. </blockquote>

Well thats not too bad then i have 13 rookies 6 mids and 11 premiums something to start from.

13. Knucklebusters

<blockquote>Quote from pbabs on January 28, 2012, 16:44
    awesome days Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by pbabs. Salary cap left: &#36;1,086,800.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Josh Gibson, Brian Lake, Phil Davis, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
    Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Matt Priddis, Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson, Anthony Morabito, Sam Reid, Dayne Zorko
    Luke Brown, James McDonald

Ben McEvoy, Matthew Kreuzer
    Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Alan Didak, Jason Winderlich, Jason Porplyzia, Scott Gumbleton
    Darren Pfeiffer, Sam Rowe

First go, lots of money to spend. I am more likely for the leagues, as much as I would like to think, I am no chance for overall (25,000's last year)</blockquote>

Is there any reason you are keeping that much salary? I think i would be upgrading with that kind of salary left.

14. SuperCoachSuperStar

I reckon Ablett is a must have. If you take out his first 5 games and the 19 he averages 143.71

15. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

If I work on the premise that a premium is a player over 400k, a midpricer 200-400k, and a rookie any price, I have 12/8/10.
    Also, my bye setup is 8/11/11.

16. SuperCoachSuperStar

A premium is about &#36;480,000+.

17. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

I think I have 10 then.
    I'm taking a few risks this year but if they come off then I'll go really far in overall. That's a big if though.

18. SuperCoachSuperStar

You would want to start with more than 8 players with byes in round 11 because GWS have their bye in that round and you are likely to have rookies from GWS that you are going to trade out.

19. bomberboy0618

bomberboy0618 New Member

Id rather pick rookies such as wingard over coniglio. I only have Giles and Treloar, but looking to get McDonald.

20. pbabs

pbabs New Member

@ everyone questioning why &#36;1m in salary left.

I will probably upgrade 2 more rookies to keepers, and try to have &#36;200k left in the bank.

I have just put in all the speculatives in my team and will get more conservative as the clock ticks down.

Cant wait for week 1!