Diamonds in the rough

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Yamumluvsbigcox, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Just on JRoo, if you are planning on starting with Dustin Martin, then having two richmond forwards doesn't feel right. Perhaps JRoo could be a good upgrade target.

2. LiveTheDream

LiveTheDream New Member

Agree with yamum in saying that Kieran Jack will explode one day! I was so close to picking him this year and thankfully i started Murphy instead. Christensen looks to be set for a big 2012 and to be honest I'm very tempted by N. Riewoldt at that price, especially considering his early draw.

3. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Problem for Nick Roo is that the saints look like soggy weetbix this year so easy ball into the halfforward line wont be like previous yrs. Theyve got no other forwards i can think of worth spitting on, and because Dawkson's gone the backline wont be as free, meaning less rebound. Nick roos not THAT cheap...but yes, the first 5 rounds are tasty

Josh Caddy for me, he shines.

4. schumie

schumie New Member

I'm surprised noones said Drummond yet? He was a jet in 2010 and showed glimpses in the last few games of 2011. IMO could get back to 100ppg+

5. bonesy

bonesy Member

Drummond's too much of an injury risk for most people, averaged 11 games a year for the last 7 years.

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

What about Kreuzer? May be good value as a R2?

7. yt

yt New Member

one i just noticed, if fit and getting games is shannon byrnes.

has the potential to score decently think he averaged 80 odd once upon a time?

8. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

job security issues for byrnes imo

9. yt

yt New Member

yeah i agree with you there, last year apparently he had a few injuries so that may have had something to do with his game time.

im personally not going to get him but could be a decent roughie if he does get games

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Anyone rate Tom Scully this year?

11. stowie

stowie Moderator

Byrnes very interesting, especially with Varcoe potentially missing some time.

12. yt

yt New Member

and hes cheaper than porps

13. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

he will get alot of attention and most likley a tag does not have the best disposal from what i have seen more suited to DT . Think he will increase his average by 10 - 15 if he is fit but i dont think he will be in top 20 mids . Melbourne tanked to get him so serves them right he left they are lucky they didn't get trengrove he is a much better player in my opinion .

14. cdcanman

cdcanman New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Yamumluvsbigcox on December 22, 2011, 17:32
    my problem with porps is he is to expensive for a cash cow and probably wont make the top 10 FWDs so either a trade up or down is required he will very good value and very popular but is he worth the cost of a trade .
    @ BlueBeliever Do you think Robinson will still get fwd tagging roles next year ?</blockquote>
    Porplyzia doesn't need to be a keeper. If he averages between 80-85, which is realistic given his talent, he will net you &#36;200000 profit. SImilar to the best rookie cash cows, but scoring 15-20 more points a round while doing it. Only concern is his health. Even if he averages 70-75, still a decent profit.

15. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Brodie Martin from the Crows is one to keep an eye on. Terrible start to his career with 2 games as a rookie (avg 70) and 2 games his next year (avg 82)

Had knee issues and a bad run of luck. But a bit early in his career to write him off IMO.

At 199k a bit awkwardly priced but one to keep an eye on in the NAB if he can break into the Crows best and get some midfield time and stay healthy could avg close to that 75-85 ppg and make you some good coin as well as nice points.

16. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Billy Smedts is set to get a run can play both ends.
    Zorko is a mid/forward crumber option set to play from the off.
    Morris a defender who will be the Duigan of this year.
    Giles will most likely be number one and GWS as well as that Shiels

17. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Kane Lucas is currently in my squad. Awkwardly priced at 224k, but looks very much like he will be starting round one, has will have three preseasons into his body and is flying at training. Think he will fly up over 400k very quickly and be a plump lamb by rd 11

I have Zac touhy in my team for the same reason, although he's on shakier ground than Lucas. He is a jet though. Depends on trust levels from th coaching staff. He freelances at times, and his initials aren't CY.

Think Clarke will be starting for the pies. Have him in my team.

Won't go anywhere near grimes or lake, and will have to see how Adelaide structure up before I consider the porpoise.

18. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Just on Varcoe, what are people's thoughts? Anyone have him in their team before the injury?
    He is a proven goal kicker and uses te ball extremely well and the move to half back seems to have suited him down to a tee.

19. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

no for me on varcoe.
    interrupted pre season more or less rules out any player for me.

20. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Agreed on Varcoe. Was very keen on him this year until the injury. stay away.