2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Anyone think my forward line is to over powered?
    Buddy, Pav, Goodes, N.Reiwoldt, J,Brown, M.Lecras, Saad, all starters, thoughts please

2. ArthurDent

ArthurDent New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy36 on February 2, 2012, 16:16
    Buddy, Pav, Goodes, N.Reiwoldt, J,Brown, M.Lecras, Saad, all starters, thoughts please</blockquote>

i always get worried playing forwards who are in the "aging" bracket, so with pav, goodes, brown all in i think you take a risk.

brown is surly underpriced his injuries last year were not body issues and he has had a full preseason so he should come back well.

after last year reiwoldt is Banned from my team

3. ArthurDent

ArthurDent New Member

what are you opinions of John Butcher this year?? 285k only played 4 games last year at an avg of 65.

am tossin up between him and matthew bate, who has had a great preseason apparently

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

<blockquote>Quote from ArthurDent on February 2, 2012, 16:59
    <blockquote>Quote from Fitzy36 on February 2, 2012, 16:16
    Buddy, Pav, Goodes, N.Reiwoldt, J,Brown, M.Lecras, Saad, all starters, thoughts please</blockquote>

i always get worried playing forwards who are in the "aging" bracket, so with pav, goodes, brown all in i think you take a risk.

brown is surly underpriced his injuries last year were not body issues and he has had a full preseason so he should come back well.

after last year reiwoldt is Banned from my team

Alrite il change it all up, im gonna change my whole team come nab cup anyway

5. patash

patash New Member

what are ppls thoughts on patch adams this year? hes in my team atm. thoughts?

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from patash on February 2, 2012, 19:06
    what are ppls thoughts on patch adams this year? hes in my team atm. thoughts?</blockquote>

I like Adams. A good POD too.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Just working on first proper draft of my team, and I dont know who i should squeeze OUT of my fwd line.

Heaps of mid pricers in there, and as it stands, Ill have some1 worth over 200k on the bench... so not good. I gotta downgrade one of my midpricers and upgrade somewhere else - but who.

Got:
    Buddy (&#36;600k), Chappy (548), DustyM 536, NRoo 472, Steele SB 452, JB 397, Porp 229, Byrnes 221 & Tommy Walsh 113.

Byrnes the biggest risk probably. but he is fairly cheap and should get games with Varcoe out i reckon. But I havent checked up on the latest on Varcoe.

8. BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer New Member

@anthak
    For me, its a choice of 2. Nroo is a risk (or maybe hes an opportunity?), and I think SSB is overrated. He might be solid but wont surprise you by jumping in value. So if you have NRoo in because your backing him to fly and are happy to wear the risk, keep him. Otherwise flick SSB. I see JB and Porp and really good risks. Both should reward our faith. (famous last words), which means Byrnes to go.

Summary: I'd flick Byrnes to upgrade SSB/Nroo depending how risk adverse you are.

Check out Zorko (&#36;113k) as a likely starter for the Lions.

Alternatively I like the look of Tomlinson (&#36;156k). He's a bit pricey but gives you the FWD/DEF DPP which combines nicely with Smedts down back.

For interest, my backline is:

Stevie J (&#36;581), D.Martin (&#36;536k, Mid), Zaha (&#36;494k, mid), Brownie (&#36;398k) as my premiums...

Porp (&#36;229k),G Rohan(&#36;293k), Tomlinson (&#36;156k, DEF)

Bench: Zorko (&#36;113k, Mid) and Treloar (&#36;113k, mid)

I'm punting on Porplyzia and Im hoping Rohan will be a POD. I also have Pav in my mid as a 4th premium ready to swap in and save the day.

Thoughts?

BD

9. buzz

buzz Member

Chappy's form last year had scared me off him this year initially. He did still manage to be the 8 highest point scorer for the forwards though. After reading the HS article on him outlining the injuries he had and the ops he has had in the off season, young Fyfe will be getting the boot for chapstick. Especially after Chappy has done a full preseason.
    Fyfe is such a prospect but his lack of pre season and recovery from operations is a huge concern. With so many question marks Chappy feels like a much better option to me currently.

10. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from ArthurDent on February 2, 2012, 17:02
    what are you opinions of John Butcher this year?? 285k only played 4 games last year at an avg of 65.

am tossin up between him and matthew bate, who has had a great preseason apparently</blockquote>

I would be wary of Butcher atm, has been on a modified program over pre-season due to a foot injury.
    Plus, after having a good impact late last year, he could quite feasibly find himself being manned by the oppositions #1 defender to limit his influence.

11. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I read yesterday that Pav shaved just over 20 seconds off his 3km time trail PB this week and feels fitter than he's ever been! Considering his age and new coach I have been avoiding him....now I'm reconsidering, Thoughts?

12. scanners

scanners New Member

Heard that as well. A fitter Pav may mean more midfield minutes and more touches. But could also mean less goals. He was defiantly off my radar but now back on. Considering the lack of fwd premiums I think ill try get him in.

13. Pav should spend most game time this year in the FWD line, he spent more time in the MIDs last season due to all the injuries going around at Freo. Still wouldn't be the worst choice but I'll be steering clear of him this season, Ross Liar will want to settle the squad and try to keep things consistent

14. mooneh

mooneh New Member

how much gametime do people think mitch morton and tommy walsh to get? could be decent with the way the swans recyle players

15. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I'm not sure where/how morton fits... But I think Tommy will get plenty of opportunities at Sydney, he could really develop into key forward for them. If he plays well in NAB and is named in round 1, he'll probably be in my team.

16. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

If you heard that Pav shaved 20 seconds off his previous best in the 3km time trial you would have also heard in the same sports report that he will be spending more time as a forward this coming season for more or less the same reasons that BlueBeliever gave

17. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I actually read it as a quote...it didn't mention about where he'd be playing. Although if he is going to be spending more time forward surely thats even more of a reason to get him? He is one of the only players I can think of that averages more as a forward than a mid.

18. I don't think he does average more as a FWD to be honest NTS, I haven't researched his stats on it but have had him in my squad at various times for a few years now and I certainly think he scores a lot higher when in the MIDS

19. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

To be honest NTS Pav is a tricky one for me. Have been on him in the past but have jumped off for no real reason at all. I like watching him play and whether its FWD or in the MID he seems to play equally as good. Is definitely worth a look as a pure FWD as there is not too many DEF's who can stick with him both for strength and endurance. Having said that though he is not in my side at the minute

20. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

@BlueBeliever I think he does, if you look back to 2005-2008 when he played purely as a forward he averaged 111.2/108.3/115.6/110.5 then in 2009 and 2010 he started to get a run through the midfield and only averaged 99.5 and 99.2. Last year is the 1st year when he has had significant midfield time and averaged over 100 (105.7). It certainly isn't that black and white, It probably has to do with a lot more factors aswell. But an interesting trend none the less.

He is definitly a tricky one to figure out, its a good point you bring up about there being very little defenders who can go with him as a pure forward. The fact that he's 31 now aswell makes me question wether he'll get back to those 110+ avgs.