2012 player/s X v Player/s Y

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Feb 8, 2012.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Apologise if there is a thread already devoted to this sort of topic but could not find one.

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread such as this to discuss with other TS users what players would be most beneficial to your team scoring wise. This is where you can go to get others opinions on who they believe are most likely to score you the most points within your team( Player X or player Y).

I'll kick things off with my dilemma.

Who is more likely to score me the most points?

Grimes, Giles, Goodes and Fyfe
    or
    Bugg,Luenberger, Chapman and Zaharakis?

2. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I think option 1...but obviously comes with risk - Grimes has had a torrid run with injuries, giles output is unknown and goodes is another year older.

My best guess would be;
    Option 1: Grimes (90), Giles (70), Goodes (105) and Fyfe (105) total 370
    Option 2: Bugg (55), Burger (105), Chapman (100) and Zaharakis (95) total 355

It will be a lot easier to gauge the likes of Giles and Bugg after NAB, but the above is my guess at this point in time.

My dilemma - which 2 would you pick out of Beams/Sidebottom/Zaharakis/Rioli/Martin ??

3. scanners

scanners New Member

Agree option one. Here's mine:

Birchall and D.Martin

OR

Yarren and Fyfe

4. scanners

scanners New Member

I think Rioli and Beams NTS

5. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Rioli has a body which is known to break down, more time in the midfield may increase his score in the short term but inevitably lead to more injuries.
    Beams was a valid fighter in his debut year for my team and improved more last year. I expect him to continue that form as long as he is given enough midfield time. Dustin Martin should be in everyones forward line, enough said.

Scanners, Birchall and Martin should be scoring consistently higher than Yarren and Fyfe. Fyfe has had a bit of a disrupted preseason with more shoulder problems.

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

EDIT: Accidental double post.

7. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

For me Beams has missed too many games from injury to be in my side.

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Redundant :)

9. a_kampf

a_kampf New Member

Luke Mitchell (Syd) vs D.Zorko. who will be the better rookie.

10. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Pretty sure it is and will be Tom.

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from a_kampf on February 8, 2012, 18:18
    Luke Mitchell (Syd) vs D.Zorko. who will be the better rookie.</blockquote>
    Zorko for mine, only because at this stage of the comp, he has less genuine competition for a spot

12. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Zorko on a modified training schedule is a bit worrying, but NAB cup will tell us more.

I thought I read a couple of days ago that Tom Mitchell was injured...I've gone looking for the article but cant find it :/ Did I just imagine it? Anybody have an update?

13. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Zorko is on a modified program so maybe wait for a downgrade to him.

What about Beams v Sidebottom?

Both are expected to have more time through the midfield rotations, sidebottom maybe more through the HB line, beams still through the HF line.

With both having MPP, is Beams worth the extra 100K?

J

14. drafter

drafter New Member

my dilemma, power forward v mpp

Currently have j brown & n reidvolt, weighing up Sidebottom and danger field, wondering if new roles for the two latter players and durability might make the switch worthwhile, thoughts?

15. ThePosty

ThePosty New Member

@drafter, your post brings up an interesting point.

With the wealth of MPP talent available to put in as FWDs this year, many are questioning the relevance of the power forward as a force in fantasy footy.

I tend to disagree. I still think a Franklin or Cloke will score you more overall points than some of the MPPs on offer.

Many of the prem MPPs such as Goodes, Pavlich, Chapman & ROK are now 30 or near enough & are obvious candidates for a decline in output.

Then there are the young gun "new" MPPs such as Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Beams & Sidebottom who offer a fair bit of upside, but are not quite proven performers just yet.

I will certainly have MPPs in my FWD line, but will also have either Franklin or Cloke, and will be keeping a very close eye on J.Brown & N.Riewoldt over the pre-season.

So FWIW, Franklin or Cloke?

16. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I probably should start by saying I'm a hawks supporter...but Franklin, by the length of the straight! Last year he had little to no support in the way of other forwards and still had a masive year, this year with roughie and Gunston that will require they're own defenders and stop him getting double teamed as much. He also has a bigger tank than Cloke and works he's way up onto the wing more. The only downside I can see in him, is will he get suspended for a game or 2 this year, history probably says yes.

17. donatello

donatello New Member

I don't know who all the top 7 forwards will be, but unless he breaks his leg Buddy will be one of them.
    If you are playing for league more than overall Jroo and Brown will break your heart with inconsistency.

18. stephen247

stephen247 Member

A couple of dilemmas for me. Firstly Hodge Vs Murphy... Will Hodgey step up to become elite this year whereas Murphy is super consistent (and more expensive).

Broughton Vs Gilbert... Broughton is very inconsistent but a chance to move to the midfield. Gilbert had a horror '11 but averaged mid 90'sish the previous two years. Thoughts please....

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

sorry Stephen, i cant really help you there. I would just be advising on hunches.

But, i have a question too.

In DREAMTEAM
    BStanton or SThompson - both the same price

20. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Hey Anthak,

Looking at it purely from the perspective of the teams each has to play - you would have to look seriously at Thompson. Adelaide have a fairly easy draw this year - two games each against GWS, GCS and Port...