2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. petefisker

petefisker New Member

Im all over Pav - more time up forward for some superman cape action 7+ goal games.
    Yes the only decent pure forwards are franklin and cloke, but thats coz they go up the ground stocking up on possies, pav will/does do the same.

Also slotted in POD Mitch Robinson as well. For now.

2. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

3. WillS

WillS Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on February 8, 2012, 14:06
    Any love for Chappy considering he was injured throughout last year?
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1226265333388?from=public_rss</blockquote>

I guess the question is would you pick him over Stevie J? Who's the bigger risk of breakdown?

Johnson had a few good runs in the midfield last year but I'm now wondering if that was to rest Chappy. All speculation at this point but food for thougtht.

On Tommy Walsh, if he does fit into a KPF role at Sydney then that could free up Goodes for more midfield time...

4. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

I'm thinking about going against the trend and going for 3 mid price forwards JB, Rohan and the Porpoise. To much risk or could it work?

5. suther

suther Member

Rohan a good pick.
    This years Yarran - providing run and precision from defence.

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from WillS on February 8, 2012, 15:52
    <blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on February 8, 2012, 14:06
    Any love for Chappy considering he was injured throughout last year?
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1226265333388?from=public_rss</blockquote>

I guess the question is would you pick him over Stevie J? Who's the bigger risk of breakdown?

Johnson had a few good runs in the midfield last year but I'm now wondering if that was to rest Chappy. All speculation at this point but food for thougtht.

On Tommy Walsh, if he does fit into a KPF role at Sydney then that could free up Goodes for more midfield time...</blockquote>

I would be banking on T Walsh to get you some free rookie point upgrades as he will get some game time, but not much more, he was not able to deliver for the saints and is unlikely to be more than inoffensive for Sydney, really, who would you drop to put him in....

7. petefisker

petefisker New Member

No luv for Mitch Robinson?

8. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Just an update guys...I'm listening to commentary of the hawks 1st intra club match and buddy has been everywhere! Including in the centre bounces! The commentators reckon he'd be on 100dt to 3qtr time...starting the 4th qtr in the square

9. bombomboy0

bombomboy0 New Member

Goodaye to everyone, im new to the forums and this is my first post.

After reading this thread i decided to take out O'Keefe and exchange him for N.Riewoldt, on the judgement that Riewoldt will more than likely go up in price and hopefully improve his performance. Wondering whether or not this was a good trade.

I now have remainding 146 400 to spend , want roughly ~10k leftover

My current forward line:
    Buddy, Beams, Dusty Martin, Zaha, Riewoldt ,Porplyzia, Pfeiffer

Zorko, Treloar

Seems fairly strong to me, unsure on the 3 rookies and Beams.

Ive locked in Buddy, Dusty and Zaha.

Should i make further changes or spend my money elsewhere?

10. yasi

yasi New Member

Welcome Bombomboy,

I really like the look of the Swans starting draw (GWS, Freo, Port, North, Hawks and Adel in first 6 round), and so I'm nearly convinced I should start with at least one of Goodes or O’Keefe.

Whilst age is a factor for both, I still see then both as being likely top 7 forwards this year and that easy fixture suggests some pretty tasty early points could be on offer to counter their high starting prices. Goodes has a history of slow starts and so many suggest he is a nice upgrade target as opposed to starter. But gut feel tells me that if he was ever going to burst out of the blocks this would be the year for him to do so.

I’m going to wait till Walesy releases the ticker so as to confirm the apparent ease of the Swans early run, but I’m not yet convinced on Beams so that might be where you find room for one of the Swans using some of that extra coin.

11. bombomboy0

bombomboy0 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from yasi on February 10, 2012, 17:16
    Welcome Bombomboy,

I really like the look of the Swans starting draw (GWS, Freo, Port, North, Hawks and Adel in first 6 round), and so I'm nearly convinced I should start with at least one of Goodes or O’Keefe.

Whilst age is a factor for both, I still see then both as being likely top 7 forwards this year and that easy fixture suggests some pretty tasty early points could be on offer to counter their high starting prices. Goodes has a history of slow starts and so many suggest he is a nice upgrade target as opposed to starter. But gut feel tells me that if he was ever going to burst out of the blocks this would be the year for him to do so.

I’m going to wait till Walesy releases the ticker so as to confirm the apparent ease of the Swans early run, but I’m not yet convinced on Beams so that might be where you find room for one of the Swans using some of that extra coin.

</blockquote>

Thanks a lot for the feedback.
    Ive taken up your advice, beams out, goodes in. Ive also got Hanneberry in the mid but i have money to upgrade him to Bolton/Okeefe. The weakest part of my team is definately my back line, so should i use my money there or use it to upgrade Hanneberry

12. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Jack Gunston looks like a unique option

13. PopeySFC

PopeySFC New Member

Atm the moment i'm going with 5 Premium forwads because it seems there are better rookies in other positions and the mid priced bargains look to be in the backline. My issue is which are the best rookies in the forwad line ??

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Gunston still way too unproven for mine. Did he do much at Adelaide? I'll wait and see in full length NAB matches but his awkward price turns me off pretty permanently.

15. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Yeah, I have to agree with nick! I see a lot of potential in Gunston and I think he'll be good for hawthorn, but he is too akwardly priced for mine and will struggle to get decent points in that forward line with Buddy and roughy.

16. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

what are peoples thoughts on steele sidebottom?

17. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from b_frazer5 on February 20, 2012, 19:10
    what are peoples thoughts on steele sidebottom?</blockquote>I wonder the same with Beams, and if the Macaffer ACL will increase his time in the midfield.

There is just so much scoring potential in that midfield.

18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Its been said yhat Sidebottom will play midfield, and he did on the weekend - and played well. Although they had a few missing so will be interesting to track his role over the rest of preseason,
    But, he's in my team atm.

19. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

What are people’s thoughts on Chappy? 2 solid years behind him now playing 21 and 20 games respectively and averaging 116 and 101. Chapman has been very vocal about saying 2011 was his worst year in memory and he still averaged 101...not bad! He has had a full preseason and says he keen to repay his team mates for "carrying" him in 2011. I have him pencilled in at the moment and think he could be a great POD, what do people think?

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Chappy is on my wait and see list. That one year older, and with the new bevy of MID/FWDs coming through I'm keen to give them a go while relying on some old hands through the midfield. Make sure you check how he fits in with your overall team structure.
    With everyone going Buddy/Martin/Zaha/Brown/Goodes, Chapman could definitely have a PODish feel to him....