2012 ruck options

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Knucklebusters, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Berger, Kruze, Big O and Derickx if the tiges are thinking of playing him up forward.

2. donatello

donatello New Member

Mummy-berger for me

3. Corks

Corks Member

See the HUN has written off Sandi today. Almost guarantees him a big year given the HUN form-guide on SC predictions :)

4. Rankz

Rankz New Member

An obvious statement i know.. but although the big O and Giles look like near certainties, they cannot be R1 or R2 options in my opinon.

5. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Agree with you Rankz, Whats peoples opinion on Ivan Maric as 2nd ruck?

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@Knucklebusters

Surely not mate - Maric couldn't perform consistently with Adelaide when the #1 ruck spot was there for him to take, and he was also very inconsistent when playing in SANFL with the Magpies.
    I believe sorting out a trade with Richmond was one of the best things Adelaide could have done to offload him - not enough class or ability impo to be considered as #1 or #2 ruckman.

7. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Thinking McEvoy and Mcintosh this year touch wood

8. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

does anything think Natanui can elevate to phenomenal level this year by actually picking up some cheap possession points? im not so sure cos his disposal is crap, no backman would dish off to him. That said, he gets his own hard ball and may snag a few more goals this season. He does fit the young player ready to take over SC mould.

9. Knucklebusters

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on February 11, 2012, 11:12
    @Knucklebusters

Surely not mate - Maric couldn't perform consistently with Adelaide when the #1 ruck spot was there for him to take, and he was also very inconsistent when playing in SANFL with the Magpies.
    I believe sorting out a trade with Richmond was one of the best things Adelaide could have done to offload him - not enough class or ability impo to be considered as #1 or #2 ruckman.</blockquote>

Yeah i agree bearfly just finding it difficult to fill the second ruck spot without changing other area's but it looks like im going to have to get rid of one of my premiums and go with the original idea set and forget and have giles and stephenson on the bench, Cheers mate.

10. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I have an ulterior motive Knuckles - want to make sure all of us in [TS] SA Great league have good strong SC seasons and try to get the league up to high ranking :)

11. Knucklebusters

Sounds good to me, GO SA :)

12. bigshow

bigshow Member

Any word if Champion Data will keep the same scoring for the rucks this year? If so, im going to get a couple of premiums with the giles/stephenson bench combination and hopefully forget about them for the year (barring injury of course). IMO, if you take a risk on a second tier ruckman to save money, you might regret it when mummy's getting 7 possesions and racking up 140 points.

13. grav

grav Guest

mummy-berger for me, with Smith in back of my mind as alternate if need to free up $.
    will wait on NAB and rnd 1 teams do lock rookie R3/R4

14. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I've gone for Sandy, Hmac, Giles, Big O currently.

Mummy is the only other one I think is a great option as he is likely to score bigger than last year. If it looks like Lyon will play Griffen and Sandy in combo I will switch him in.

Berger - Concerned they will play Hudson or Longer which would have to reduce his scoring from last year

Mcevoy - Would want to see how Waters structures up before comitting to him

Kruizer - offers good value but think Hmac will be more consitant.

Cox - Nic Nat surely will step up a little bit more this year.

All others not worth looking at in my opinion.

15. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Mumford and Leuenberger for me with Giles and Stephenson as back up.

That said, McEvoy (R13 bye) is tempting as he could be traded for the best R11 R12 option.

Also believe that Nic Nat will continue to improve.

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Interesting. Looks like RUC will be the home for POD this year, especially R-1&2.

17. cavalah

cavalah New Member

Personally I think having a 1 - 1 - 2 is the best option simply because that having the 1 mid price ruckmen you'll at least score 60 - 70 points, if you have a 1 - 3 setup and all three of the rookies doesn't play or is a sub (It happened last year with me) then you have a big fat 0 to your not so impressive scores

My set up is

Mumford - This guy was injured for most of the season and he still manage to average 112, he must improve

Hamish McIntosh - The only reason why he is so cheap is because he was injured last season, Brad Scott should play both Goldstein-McIntosh, just look at how well they played in the last game of last season against Richmond....... And how can we forget Drew Petrie from last year??

Giles and Stephensen - I think most people got them!!

What does everyone think?

18. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

2 prems in the ruck means you dont have to worry about upgrading one of them and then after the byes you can look to slaughtering your cows.

19. fivefish

fivefish New Member

i'm thinking berger/McIntosh
    what do you think not sure if i should stick with McIntosh or go and spend big.

20. bigshow

bigshow Member

watch the nab cup fivefish and see how the kangas will structure up with petrie,mcintosh and goldy. I feel that two will have to play forward and out of goldy/mcintosh, goldy is clearly the better forward. If thats the case, petrie will play deep, goldy across half forward and mcintosh will do the around the ground stuff, probably resting on the bench.