Dayne Zorko out for 4 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Feb 12, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Fantasy Footy Club
    A bit of exclusive news for the Fantasy Landscape. Dane Zorko is having some issues with his Hip flexer and is out for at least 4 weeks. Aiming to be back for the final round of NAB cup and hopefully the first round of the AFL.</blockquote>

2. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

He was one of my smokies my mates in my league did not know about. Maybe I should leave him alone noting he will not get a full NAB under his belt?

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Bummer! Was really looking forward to watching him in full flight, is he still worth the risk? if not who do I replace him with?

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Deja vu. Mzungu.

6. spud

spud New Member

Crud.

Rookies from teams that are struggling are generally more appealing too so he was a good one up forward.

Would almost have been an easier decision if he was going to miss the start of the season so he could be a downgrade target. Not sure I fancy the idea of starting someone who misses at least a month.

Agreed Terry!

7. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Just as another cheap fwd option, Mature age recruit for bulldogs "Tory Dickson" age 24 kicked 48 goals vfl last year and 100 the year before that at noble park??? Anyone know anything mare than that with big bad barry gone could slot straight in????

8. spud

spud New Member

Is he a key position forward or a midsize / small goal sneak?

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

His appeal lies in the fact that he is a cheap way to put a mid/fwd in your team, so this isn't a complete wipe from my squad, but raises the likelihood of grabbing guys like Treloar and Crozier above him if things fall that way.

10. hongDOGhua

hongDOGhua New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lethaldons on February 12, 2012, 16:36
    Just as another cheap fwd option, Mature age recruit for bulldogs "Tory Dickson" age 24 kicked 48 goals vfl last year and 100 the year before that at noble park??? Anyone know anything mare than that with big bad barry gone could slot straight in????</blockquote>

Yep. 48 goals from 19 games with only around 30mins training a week due to work commitments and travel times. He can also help out in the middle too. Unfortunately, Dickson didn't play in the intraclub hitout, so I'm not sure what is going on there, I hope there is no injury. On the other hand, Panos will likely make an appearance at some stage this season too, given his exceptional accuracy in front (29.2 last year in VFL).

11. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

It certainly makes it harder to pick zorko now, even if he is named in the round 1 side.

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from hongDOGhua on February 12, 2012, 21:52
    <blockquote>Quote from Lethaldons on February 12, 2012, 16:36
    Just as another cheap fwd option, Mature age recruit for bulldogs "Tory Dickson" age 24 kicked 48 goals vfl last year and 100 the year before that at noble park??? Anyone know anything mare than that with big bad barry gone could slot straight in????</blockquote>

Yep. 48 goals from 19 games with only around 30mins training a week due to work commitments and travel times. He can also help out in the middle too. Unfortunately, Dickson didn't play in the intraclub hitout, so I'm not sure what is going on there, I hope there is no injury. On the other hand, Panos will likely make an appearance at some stage this season too, given his exceptional accuracy in front (29.2 last year in VFL).</blockquote>
    Ahhh, so this is where I heard about Tory Dickson

He is named in the squad for this weekend, so will be interesting to see how he goes