2012 player/s X v Player/s Y

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Feb 8, 2012.

1. stephen247

stephen247 Member

...plus potentially look at how the inclusion of each player effects your byes in relation to your other players. Thompson - round 11 and Stanton - round 12.

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Need thoughts on this dilemma:-

Who should i pick from the start(what will net me the most points for the year, keeping in mind also that Fyfe seems underdone)?

Grimes,Pendlebury and Fyfe
    or
    Scotland/Fisher,Selwood and Zaharakis????

Thanks in advance

3. weazel

weazel Member

i'd go scotland selwood zaka myself. grimes has a proven injury record and fyfe looks one bump away from snapping in half pendles is a gun though. i think scotland will be more consistent than fisher, selwood pendles toss a coin can't go wrong. zaka/fyfe. imo zaka will only get better this year and will prove more durable than fyfe.fyfe will drop off a bit especially if injured and nothing wrecks a supercoach season like injuries

4. Morgs

Morgs New Member

Guys I think fyfe is going to be a gun this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have a limited pre season last year???
    With the inclusion of a fit Barlow fyfe should only be better.

5. stephen247

stephen247 Member

@NWG unfortunately I have to disagree with weazel. Grimes is a risk but if Neeld has faith in him then so do I (spoken like true Demons supporter, huh...). Pendles is GUN - no more needs to be said and Fyfe just knows how to rack up the stats. But it's more of not liking your 2nd group (although I do have Selwood) - Scotland is consistent but there's just something about him that worries me - same with Fisher. But I also have to query Zaharakis now after reading Jibba's post (http://tooserious.net/forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1309.2. I did a very quick google and it is mentioned elsewhere on fantasy sites - but is it just being one rumour repeated? Sorry - not too many hard facts but just a bit of "who I'd go with"...

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote><blockquote>Quote from anthak on February 13, 2012, 18:45
    sorry Stephen, i cant really help you there. I would just be advising on hunches.

But, i have a question too.

In DREAMTEAM
    BStanton or SThompson - both the same price</blockquote>

<blockquote>Quote from stephen247 on February 13, 2012, 20:44
    Hey Anthak,

Looking at it purely from the perspective of the teams each has to play - you would have to look seriously at Thompson. Adelaide have a fairly easy draw this year - two games each against GWS, GCS and Port...</blockquote>
    <blockquote>Quote from stephen247 on February 13, 2012, 20:47
    ...plus potentially look at how the inclusion of each player effects your byes in relation to your other players. Thompson - round 11 and Stanton - round 12.</blockquote></blockquote>

Thanks for your help Stephen. but your points direct me in different ways. As Thompson does have a better draw. but Stanton suits me better for byes. lol

Im really not sure what to do with this one, but I suppose its only early days. Ill see how they go in NAB cup.

7. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Ummm sorry about that Anthak... didn't mean to pose a conundrum to your conundrum. My gut feel would be to pick Thompson - but my spreadsheet (hopefully you are using my spreadsheet to work out your byes) leads you toward Stanton... :eek:)

8. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Here's one which is doing my head in at present....

Zaharakis vs Gray.

9. suther

suther Member

Can I get preferences on these 3: Dangerfield v LeCras v Lewis

And secondly, was Danger played majority a fwd last season or do his 2011 numbers include plenty of midfield time?

10. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

For mine out of those..... LeCras

Dangerfield sits next to Higgins in my 'Never to be selected under any circumstances' section.

11. scanners

scanners New Member

Zaharakis by far over Gray. Gray has let me down too many times.

12. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Got one duffield vs broughton???

13. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Lethal I would think that's a question which would be answered over the nab cup. Duffield by all reports seems to be moving to a role which would promote high scoring, which is in his favor.

How this midfield moonlighting role will impact on Broughton is very uncertain at this stage.

14. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Yeah broughton has been nothing but a fustration over the last 2 years (either goes big when let into the midfield or spuds it up with a backline role) Thinking if duffield can get back to 10 and 09 form might be a more consistent high 90s backline player?? Saying that if broughton is in the mids he is in!!!

15. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

quote]Quote from RaoulDuke on February 14, 2012, 19:55
    For mine out of those..... LeCras

Dangerfield sits next to Higgins in my 'Never to be selected under any circumstances' section. </blockquote>

I'm with you on this one,RD.

16. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Zaharakis vs Gray

Depends if you want consistency or a player that can get big scores.

17. jibba

jibba Member

Here's one:
    Murphy & Watson vs Pendlebury & Hayes + 100k

18. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

@Jibba-Thats a tough one for mine. Murphy will yet again improve and is consistant and Watson is a good scorer but his hammies and age worry me. On the other hand Pendlebury is ultra consistant and hayes is coming off a knee and at his age worries me also. If it was me id go with Murphy and Watson. There's just something about Hayes that i dont like this season

19. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Which two would you take out of Shaw, Newman and Scotland and why?

20. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Well it looks like we can forgt about LeCras for a while, he's done his knee at training.

Without considering byes, I would take Scotland and Newman.

Scotland for DPP and for the fact that you know several 10s of thousands of coaches less will have him vs the other two, reasons for which continue to escape me.

Newman because I think Richmond look for him to have the ball to a greater degree than Shaw at Collingwood (who have a wider spread of better users). Plus the fact I am still filthy at trading in Shaw approximately 45 minutes before the sh*t hit the fan last year. So I would probably take Zac Dawson over Shaw out of pure spite.

jibba, great question, I am furiously scratching my head. I would probably go Murphy and Watson only because I think two premiums are better than one - I think at his age, coming off a knee, Hayes is a stay away. And if you start with him, you are essentially committing to him for the rest of the season, so is he going to end up in the top 10-15 midfielders int he comp, and thus justify being there in rd 22? But of course it depends what the 100k means in another part of your team, which only you can answer.