2012 Supercoach Defenders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Yeah I have Grimey pencilled in at the moment, even though I too was burnt last year. If fit and firing Grimey could easily make the top ten defenders, but that is a very big if unfortunately. Melbourne were using Frawley a lot last year for the running defender but now Grimey is back hopefully this will cease, and Tapscott played a few games moving through the half-back flank also who I would see as more of a threat than Frawley

2. bigshow

bigshow Member

Cheers blue, he is tempting at 380k, the only salvation is he shouldnt lose too much money if he breaks down. The backs might be the area where people take the most risks this season, throw Lake in the mix as well and you may end up with two bargain priced premiums.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Get on josh caddy!

4. If he doesn't injure himself pre-season he'll stay in my team. Structurally I'll have about $300k left-over in the bank so that should cover an upgrade to a premium when he or Browny break down.

I think the gambles will mainly be more in the FWD line this year to be completely honest, with guys like Browny, Robinson, Zaha, Christensen, Adams and Gray there are a few decent choices for the mid-pricer

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I've got three from that list in my forward line. Adcock dropped off from about the time Merrett got injured. I reckon he could be a good option, I think he will be in the top 10 defenders and having a round 11 bye could also be handy.

6. tuscanraiders

tuscanraiders New Member

Finding a consistent scoring defender was the crux of my problem last season.

I normally rely on premium mids and forwards but given the scoring restructure I've splashed out on some backmen.

My Current Backs: Scotland, Fisher, Adcock, Burgoyne, Stratton, Dempsey, Clarke.

Bench: Blee, Tomlinson.

7. Corks

Corks Member

Is Gavin Urquart in North's plans this year? recollection is he went OK a few years ago then has been injured of late. At $147k seems plenty of upside if he's going to get gametime.

8. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

Has Blee recovered from galandular fever?

"He was recovering from glandular fever at the time of the draft combine so he wasn't allowed to do the physical tests."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/12011751/power-glee-for-the-royal-blee/

Following in Jacobs footsteps! What do they do in Port?

9. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

Urquhart rookie listed :

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/12/13/afl-rookie-draft-club-by-club/

Needs to come off that first. I think Gibson might be ahead of him for a rookie list call up

10. princeofmugs

princeofmugs Moderator

hey guys, need to trim out a Saint from the backline (obv not Goddard..)
    Wilkes v Simpkins, thoughts? Kinda looks like both might be there from R1?

11. Corks

Corks Member

Ditch both...prefer others Prince.

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from tuscanraiders on February 18, 2012, 09:28
    ... but given the scoring restructure I've splashed out on some backmen.

.</blockquote>

What restructure are you talking about here?

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Who would you start as a 5th defender, Birch or Broughton? Or someone else around the same price range like adcock? I was keen on Bock but don't want to carry him until round 3.

14. schumie

schumie New Member

What are people's thoughts on Hurn? Put on a good show on the weekend.

15. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

They brought Wilkes in for a reason (to replace Dawson).
    skt will have more knowledge on the team, but from what I've seen the js of Wilkes will be higher.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Is it confirmed that Conca will miss NAB only? Or will he miss any premiership matches?

I was toying with him in my backline, may have to re think that one.

17. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

As I understand it "if Richmond make the NAB GF, he will miss no AFL Home and away games" That is obviously very unlikely so I think he misses round 1.

18. Magic17

Magic17 New Member

Conca will play round 1 regardless. A cheapish defender who will play midfield, and given he got plenty of touches last Friday night he could be a great pickup at the price.

19. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Your right Magic17 - I just read up on it. Because he plead guilty it was reduced and he will play round 1.

20. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Had problems streaming on the weekend, could anyone please tell me if Christian Howard played as a pure mid? Jason you may have noticed the most.