New Trading Rules

Discussion in 'AFL' started by ThePosty, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ThePosty

ThePosty New Member

Haven't seen this discussed on the site yet, and didn't want to intrude on existing threads.

It's my understanding that under the new trading rules, I will be able to sell a player, move a DPP into the sold player's position, and buy a new player in the DPP's old position using only one trade.

Example: By round 9 my cash cow Fwd is mooing loudly. I sell him, then "substitute" my rookie DPP Mid into the Fwd line, and buy my 4th or 5th Prem Mid with the proceeds. I have effectively sold a Fwd and bought a Mid with one trade.

Of course, using this example, you would lose your DPP link between Mids & Fwds unless you had a second DPP in your Mids.

I think I have my head around this concept, and believe it opens up a new field of trading strategies, especially for upgrading Mids & use during the multi- bye rounds.

However, has anyone tried using this new trading rule on their Supercoach team yet?. The rules guide on the site says you can "substitute" a DPP player mid-trade, but if you hit the trade button on a player, all other player's substitue buttons dissapear. Am I missing something, or will this feature only become available when unlimited trades cease & the season commences?

2. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

Trades can also be reversed up until lock out so if you change your mind/they are rested by the general or trade in a player that just happens to have a gambling problem you can reverse the trade before lockout.
    Should help a few people avoid donuts

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

What I'm interested about if for example, I want to trade Giles out, could I trade I'm for a back by swinging Rowe into the rucks, Zorko into the forwards and Golds into the mids.