2012 ruck options

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Knucklebusters, Jan 29, 2012.

1. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

2 very impressive games from big Giles! He moved very well and looked good forward. It's hard to tell how he'll go over a full game but based on last night is in contention to be my R2. Thoughts?

2. Corks

Corks Member

The problem with someone like Giles at R2 is he's likely to be at best an 80's player. That'll cost you 40-50ppg against the top 6 or 7.

3. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Sorry, wrong topic.

4. taminater

taminater New Member

I think that is true but you should be able to make that up with your other premiums in other positions.

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I guess it depends on how much of the ruck work is taken by Brogan. If he takes the main ruck role then the output from Giles will be 75 -80 at best.

6. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Giles did look good last night but I can't see him being nearly as consistant as Smith last year. For mine I still think the best approach will be a 2.0.2 approach.

I hope Sandi plays tonight..looking forward to see how he looks. Lyon looks like he will play Sandi and Griffen together this year so it will be interesting to see if that will affect Sandi's scoring.

7. jibba

jibba Member

I'm considering Giles because I'm worried there won't be many great forward rookies (which always seems to be the case)
    So essentially instead of a forward rookie I will have Giles playing and have a premium forward averaging the 100 that a premium ruck would have been otherwise doing.
    Also I've used the extra cash to get Cox to complement Giles. I believe he is still the premier ruck of the competition

8. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I'm mainly considering playing giles at R2 as it gives me an extra 500k - that allows me to turn 2 risky options like JB and Lake into 2 reliable premiums, so whilst there I some risk involved as using him as my R2, as a whole my team has less risk and should score higher.

9. NCJS

NCJS New Member

Not much love on here for Cox which surprises me? Ave 120+ last year, yes he's 31 But he seemed to be a good option at 30...

10. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I don't think being 31 is too much of a concern for Cox, ruckman traditionally peak a lot later and can maintain averages into there 30's. He certainly would have made people take notice of him last night though, he was very impressive in the game against Freo.

11. banz

banz New Member

Fast becoming a point of difference, what would his average have been without that late season injury..

12. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Well, he only really had 2 bad scoring games; rnd 20 against richmond and rnd23 against Brisbane, scoring 78 and 49 respectively - if he had achieved his avg (122) in those 2 games his adjusted avg would have been 127.5! Even if he had only got 100 in each of those 2 games it would have been enough to push his average to 125.5. Pretty Impressive!

Personally I'm happy he wasn't in full flight for those couple of games, at least it makes his price a little bit more affordable!

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Cox and McEvoy firming for mine....

But all could change.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

15. thegob

thegob New Member

I reckon Stefan Martin will help out Jamar as Clark will be the new forward focus to relieve Jack Watts up the ground. Martin had a bumper year last year and could go better with a bit more ruck time.

16. Should mean more points for someone, but either way 211 and co should dominate a tall forward size ruckman

17. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

Does anyone think the Mumford and Mcintosh combo could get the job done to free up cash for use elsewhere?

18. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

@Flameboy, 1-1-2 is one of the structures I'm considering for my ruck line with McIntosh filling in R2. All depends on how he goes during preseason when rucking with Goldy

19. thegob

thegob New Member

McIntosh and Goldstein will hurt each others points this year. My guess is HMac will avg 70-80 tops so he is not the best option and his price wont go up much. I am considering 1 gun ruck and 3 rookies until the price of the best rucks drops to more affordable levels. I have rookies playing everywhere else, why not in the rucks?