2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Yeah, its mainly the POD factor that has him so high on my list. I'm not convinced in a lot of the new M/F's like Zaha and Beams and Brown and Riewoldt are too big a risk for me. I'll see how he travels on Friday night.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

BUMP. DEATH TO SPAMMERS.

3. TerryinBangkok

Only a little bit BB.

As BF has pointed out, there is bundles of love for him at Crowland and some commentators consider him the Messiah.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

No probs with Porps, a bit of a corked calf won't affect him much considering he's been in training since before 2011 season finished.
    He's the fittest player at the club and has definitely bulked up in the shoulders.
    Sanderson has openly stated Porps will also spend more time in the guts during the season which should see him match, or even better, his mid to high 80's ave from a few seasons ago.
    Add his goal-kicking prowess to the mix and he's hard to pass up at his price, even if he misses the first 2 weeks of NAB, his solid fitness base will hold him in good stead for R1.

5. Kel

Kel Moderator

All that love from a Port man!

6. TerryinBangkok

Think Bearfly leaves his heart in the tackle box when selecting his SC side. Only way to win and he did well with Goldie and Redden last year.

7. Bearfly

I know Kel, it absolutely goes against my nature mate, but I feel as a SA resident it's my duty to keep those over the border(s) enlightened considering the lack of info flowing out of SA.
    But watch out over the next week or two for some in depth info from Port.
    One forward rookie to keep your eye out for on Sunday is Brendon AhChee - 3 goals in Friday's internal trial, several good strong grabs, and enjoys going in and getting the hard ball.
    Keep him on your radar - Primus loves his dedication and committment.

8. Kel

Kel Moderator

First rule of Supercoach, think with the head, not the heart.
    Bear, anything on Darren Pfeiffer. Only asking as his name came up on Saturday night, don't know anything about him.

9. Bearfly

No positive news from the internal Kel, need to see how he fares Sunday - Port will be going in with 34 players rotating through the 2 games with only Lobbe, Hitchcock, Newton, Curnow & Pittard definitely ruled out.

10. Kel

Kel Moderator

Cheers Bear.

11. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Porps' potential reminds me of Sean Rusling.

There may be a mountain of pain in store for those who await his rebirth.

Then again you may all end up laughing like fat spiders while I'm rueing my lack of faith.....

12. TerryinBangkok

"Fat spiders" LOL.

Wait until Hornsy sees that one....the sceptre will start glowing blue.

13. Morgs

Morgs New Member

Hi all Have some selection headaches!!
    Steele, danger and j brown

Want 2 out of 3 of these guys any suggestions??

My forwards are currently
    Buddy, chappy, Dustin, Steele, danger and 2 rookies.

14. TerryinBangkok

FWIW Morgs, seems like you are going with a GMR strategy (as opposed to a Guns 'n Rookies strategy), judging by the number of mid-pricers you are proposing here.

Buddy and Martin are locks. You could add someone like Fyfe or Pav, or Goodes or O'Keefe to make 3 solid choices, then consider between Watts, Dangerfield, Porplyzia or J. Brown for F4. That would leave you with 4 rookie choices to fatten up before the byes and there are many to choose from, the most tasty being the multi-position players.

2 rookies is not enough. And you should follow all of these potential choices closely through the NAB to see how they perform before making any final decision.

15. Morgs

Morgs New Member

Thanks T Bang sorry when I wrote 2 rookies I ment 2 on the ground and 2 on the bench.

My team structure is 12/3/0/15

Mainly a gun structure With a little mid action being Hepp, steele and danger think they can all step up this year.

But my main worrie is J Brown dominating and not taking him.

You have some good points just today swapped chappy in for fyfe. Not sure fyfe will be able to keep his price up there for long. Think the swans boys are getting a bit old.

Have gone very for youth except choppy he is my oldest player followed by ablett

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'm tossing up whether to risk JB too.

What are other ppl's thoughts on JB?

17. buzz

buzz Member

I have a man crush for JB, so I always want to pick him. He is currently in my side but reliant more on how Brisbane as a team go in the NAB cup and praccies. If Brisbane are going to look like the whipping boys this year the big fella may have to be cut. They've got to be able to get the ball down to him enough to achieve the scores we're all after.

18. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

I reckon with brisbanes midfield getting better, redden , rockliff , rich to name a few big brown will get a bit better service in the fwd line so as long as he doest use his head as a battering ram no reason why he cant at least avg over 90 again, remember rhey also lost clark from the fwd line to melbourne so they dont have to many big targets

19. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

My main concern with JB is him taking more of a "developmental" role in the forward line as the club will try and develop the likes of Retzlaf and JB in turn may not see as much of the ball as he used too. Not to mention I can see Berger spending some time down there this year too with them drafting hudson to pinch hit in the ruck.

He is currently not in my side, but I am a big JB fan...so if he has a big NAB cup he might be in my team come round 1.