Starting Cashola

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TimTim, Feb 23, 2012.

1. TimTim

TimTim New Member

So pretty much have my team locked in but unsure whether to start the season with approx $400k in the bank or blow it and upgrade a rookie/mid-priced player to a premium...

Thinking that I'll bank it because after the first round of price rises I'll be able to upgrade 2 rookies to premiums as opposed to downgrading one to upgrade another one

Thoughts?

And what are people starting with in the bank?

2. My thoughts are why upgrade two after the price rise when you can upgrade one now and bank the points? Seems almost a waste of a trade to me, but having said that being happy with your team is probably the most important aspect so I would try to spend the cash but not sacrifice my structure or targets to do so

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

You might aswell start with as many premiums as you can, leaving $400k in the bank is robbing you of points on the field and a trade as BlueBeliever mentioned.

I usually try and get my team structure right utilising as much of the cap to allow for the best team I can pick without worrying too much about having x amount of dollars leftover in the bank.

4. TimTim

TimTim New Member

Apologies I should have mentioned I'm going purely for the league win (not overall points)

The thought is since we don't play each other for the 1st 3 rounds - I'll be able to benefit from the added cash a rookie makes as well as the cash a premium loses

Hope this makes sense

5. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

@TimTim

Personally I think you'd be better off upgrading them before the season starts. Sure you might make a little cash by trading after 3 rounds, but there's a couple of trades gone that you could have used when the rookies had maxed out their salaries. I think the general rule is that you should aim to make about 200k from each rookie downgrade. Especially for leagues, you will need those trades to get a fully upgraded team by the time the finals come.

6. TimTim

TimTim New Member

Sweet. Well that puts that crazy idea to bed

Cheers