2012 Supercoach Midfielders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Dec 10, 2011.

1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Change in form.

2. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Thanks Hornsy! Do you believe he will maintain that form in 2012? I guess NAB cup will decide. He could be a very interesting POD now he isn't available in the backs.

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/arizona-a-good-option-for-dane-swan/story-e6frf9jf-1226279914704

Dane Swan predicts he will go to Arizona again this year and doubts any pie will play every game.

Time to jump off Swan and Pendles?

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I don't think it's worth jumping off Pendlebury and Swan based on a possible one week absence, a well stocked bench should fill the void somewhat and their scoring capacity throughout the entire season is too great to pass up.

5. whips

whips New Member

If Swan does go to Arizona, it would probably coincide with the Pies bye. Would make him an handy upgrade target straight after.

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

exactly what I was thinking whips! His numbers after his little "holiday" last year were huge!

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Keep in mind he went over his bye last year and still missed 1 or 2 games. To get full benefit out of it they have to go for certain amount of days.

8. BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer New Member

I haven't seen Lenny Hayes name mentioned. $422k.

He has never averaged below 100... so looms as a cheap option for a 4th premium mid? POD?

Speaking of return from injury - also interested in views on Barlow in 2012?

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I dropped him BD as I couldn't get him and NRoo in, if NRoo doesn't starkly improve before R1 I will probably jig the makeup so I can swap them over. the 30k saved also is tempting as I think they will probably return a similar score.

10. buzz

buzz Member

Is it ok to hope for a first qtr sub out by an uber premium in one of the early rounds. I'd like to be on the receiving end of a $100-200K price drop, just don't let it be one of my players like selwood last year. Imagine having to fork out $700 large for pendles only to have his price go into free fall with an 1st qtr concussion or corky. Luck does play a part, like it or not.

11. BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on February 25, 2012, 16:43
    I dropped him BD as I couldn't get him and NRoo in, if NRoo doesn't starkly improve before R1 I will probably jig the makeup so I can swap them over. the 30k saved also is tempting as I think they will probably return a similar score.
    </blockquote>

I'm toying with him (Lenny Hayes) as a 4th mid field Premium (loose term) Easy upgrade if he hovers at that price, but some real potential to increase.

Havent heard any news about him on the track during pre season. Makes me nervous

12. Len

He is training well, and some hard ball gets on Friday were very nice to see.
    even better he got through unscathed and looked good doing it.
    Would like to see him play a longer game before committing though.
    Nothing we sainters would love more than to see him smash out 100 week after week but I am determined to pick with no heart this year lol

13. nolanb13

nolanb13 New Member

Lenny Hayes and Barlow are both very risky options, but carry reward that is almost too tasty to pass up on. You'd be crazy if you grabbed both, but the scoring potential is too good for me. Watch injury problems leading up to the season and jump on the wagon if all clear.

14. goulds069

goulds069 New Member

does anyone kno if Neal the young guy from freo will play much he played well in round 1 of the NAB cup just not sure if hes gonna play much any thoughts

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

He's a possibility. They were saying Lyon really likes him and he trains well. Didn't look out of place in the first NAB round, so it'll be interesting to see how he goes in round 2.

One guy that should be monitored for a mid position is Ballantyne. Looked really good in NAB round 1.

16. goulds069

goulds069 New Member

ive always liked ballantyne always has a crack hes a maybe just gotta find space

17. Len

Lyon doesn't have a history of playing young guys.
    All that means is if he plays he will possibly be extraordinary, but if he is not names in R1 forget it.

18. jibba

jibba Member

Remember how people were toying with the Watson to Ablett after Ablett's BYE strategy last year (Which worked wonders in the real season)?
    I could see Hayes as one you could potentially do a similar strategy with someone like Boyd!
    A sideways of Hayes to Boyd during Round 13 seems viable. Heck even with some leftover trading cash you could go Hayes to Swan/Pendles
    I think Hayes would need to be an M4 in your side for this to be an effective strategy.
    Thoughts?

19. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Lenh is right - Lyons history of playing youth is woeful...having said that though, everytime I've seen Lyon interviewed lately he brings up "Nealey" so I'd almost be shocked if he wasn't there come round 1.

goulds069 ....are you related to ballantyne?! I don't think I have ever heard someone admit to liking him.... ;)

20. goulds069

goulds069 New Member

hahaha na no relation just a fan