Picking the right combination...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by MoneyInTheBank, Mar 6, 2012.

1. MoneyInTheBank

MoneyInTheBank New Member

I currently have a team combination of 12/3/15, what are your current combination's and how many rookies do u think is approx the right amount, i so far have 15 in my team but one of those is Paul Bower

:)

2. MoneyInTheBank

MoneyInTheBank New Member

Does anybodys else have any thoughts on total rookies or there current teams combination's???

3. scanners

scanners New Member

Currently 13/2/15 has been changing slightly but Im pretty happy with this at the mo.

4. dj62

dj62 New Member

Same here..

5. gbj

gbj Member

As for combination that depends on the depth of rookies and this year is a good one.

In saying that the more premiums the better!

Did I just contradict myself ?

Then I throw in some cheap mid price players e.g. Lake and cross my fingers.

6. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

I am currently 12/3/15, however I am tryng to plan my trades and something becomes immediately apparent. The more mid pricers you start with, the less trades you burn to convert one into a premium. For example, Ebert starts at $344 as a mid, and could well be expected average around 100pts over the first six. Over this time he will likely improve by around $100k+, meaning you have scored at premium levels for 6 rounds & can then trade him out as part of a two piece trade using another rookie. IE Convert Ebert into say Judd, and trading out a rookie who has climbed the required $150k to enable this trade.

The normal Rookie rate of return means you usually need a minimum of 3 trades (often 4) to convert a $106k rookie into an elite midfielder. If you can pick the right combo of rookies & mid pricers you can be choc full premiums before or during the bye rounds and be scoring 2400+ before everyone else gets there.

7. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

@spliffication - nah, two rookies can get to 350k pretty comfortably, which then gets sold as a 600k premium on the downturn and a 100k rookie again. (2 trades).
    remember ebert costs 344k so you lose that money somewhere else. He may well be an upgrader but he still costs what he costs. granted he cld blow it up big time - and thats your tactic (but it aint certain, and it IS port dudelaide).

8. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

14-0-16

Mind you my team atm looks like 0-30-0.

I did it for the lols.

9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

12-5-13 atm I have been sucked in BIG TIME to the mid pricers :( I know its going to undo me lol. GnR is proven so why do I always ssearch for the next Malceski?

Still early days team will no doubt change before rnd 1 and as mid pricers like Lake/Hargraves show they are what they are and maybe not worth the punt... ?

10. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Currently sitting with 14-0-16.

My premium split is: 4-3-1-6.

I have nobody between 140k - 490k.

11. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am thinking starting with 14-0-0-16 requires an enormous ability to avoid nibbling at the midprice tree.

I don't think I have the willpower to do it..