TS-Hawks League 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 30, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Okay, here's another one. Seems to be a preponderance of Hawkers out there and on the chat, so good chance for a strong league. If no one sticks their hand up to be the Admin, then Heavy Men might be persuaded to take it on (and I will help him on the technical stuff and how to count zeros, if he needs any help.

So, if you are a Hawthorn supporter (and this is in evidence from your profile) have a good read of the Super Leagues thread and you will (hopefully) get the idea.

Then jump in here and put your name forward to join. Preference will be given to donors and those that are regulars on the chat, because we are serious and want strong leagues - but stick your name in anyway if you want to go head to head with other coaches who are Hawks fans.

Those registering on here, if they receive the nod from the HM, will then do a Friend Request to Heavy Men so he can contact y'all when the league is set up next year.

And you can always come back to this thread over the summer for any news.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I'll go in this. Will be awesome to be in a league of all Hawks supporters!

Thanks for getting the ball rolling TiB

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

And definitely a preponderance of us hawkers. Collectively we really shone through last year when Ben would bring up the '08 flag almost weekly! Haha.

4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Bloody Hell Terry. You have some faith, in a man that thought a keyboard was a musical instrument & has difficulty understanding numbers ranging b/ween 900 & 900,000

However we will see how the response over summer is. At this stage I would see myself more akin to someones's ass ...... (I mean assistant) to learn the trade. Other problem is I may not be able to be there when required at times.

All in all I'd say this makes me the perfect ass.!!!

5. husslar

husslar New Member

Sign me up fellahs...
    would be great to talk Hawks every week!

Little nervous about Freo this week especially after Hodgey has been ruled out. Hope Buddy finally goes bananas and kicks 8-9 goals like i know he can.
    I have also forseen a win over the Cats (finally) during the finals series..

Go Hawkers!

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

i am definitely keen to join

7. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I'll add to the list too. That's 4 from the Expats league.

8. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Count me in!

9. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@j in Japan

Looks like those above were interested and should have first crack at the hawks league

Cheers
    Tth

10. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

I'm interested in joining a league full of hawkers :D

11. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Hi all Hawks Supporters,

Just BUMPing this. If you want to join the TS Hawks League 2012, the code is 631116.

Please PM me your name and team name so i can keep track of who has entered and also make sure no random people enter. Alternatively, just add the details here.

Cheers

J

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Alrighty. It seems that there might be 18 leagues out there that are almost full. This includes TS-Hawks, TS-Vic Country, TS-Ladies, TS-Expats, etc., etc.

The idea is to form a super league with teams representing each one of these leagues. That is, each league formulates their own team and joins the super league. How that team is formulated is entirely up to that league/admin, but a good way to start might be to tally up the non-PODS from your 18 teams. Really it is all about having a strong admin who will coordinate for you. This can be done by TS 'friends' email or using the forum.

To make it more manageable during the season, it is suggested that you use the chat or bragging box that comes with your SC team page to make decisions on captains, benches, trades, etc.

Why? Wouldn't it be fun for the mighty TS-Cats to beat the TS-Wet Toasters or, god forbid, the TS-Ladies to thump the macho TS-Group W (insert your own fantasy here)? With such a pool of talent, anything less than Top 20 would be disappointing for this super league.

I have one league spot left open and I will kick the thing off if you can please let me know on this thread that you want to do this and are in. The good thing is you don't have to use up one of your own precious league spots.

I will copy this challenge into some of the individual team threads, but please try and respond on this one (TS Super League) so I don't miss anyone.

Feedback please folks - we need 18. </blockquote>

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Come on guys, still a few spots left!

GO HAWKS!!

14. Nifty

Nifty Member

Hi Kel, is it ok 2 join if not a Hawk, just keen 2 play if you need numbers??

15. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

BUMP! Come on guys still 5 spots left! Get on board the year of the Hawk!!

16. fleagle

fleagle New Member

Love to be a part of it, was an appalling numbie last year but aim to be considerably better this year. Already giving herself the shits about the amount of time I spend on this. Hawthorn fan since 71 but only been to one game (about 20 years ago in Darwin and I was working)

team is fleagle

thanks

17. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog New Member

Go Hawks... my team "The Glenferrie Gang" is on board.

18. thegob

thegob New Member

onemanwolfpack is in, cheers

19. Ugottabjokin

Ugottabjokin New Member

I have joined thanks guys.

Looks like only 2 spots left.

20. Breaker

Breaker New Member

Just joined as well, looking forward to it.