2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The other option would be to stick to 4 plus rooks in the fwds and spend your money in the backs, except that you start at Adcock (90 last yr) and go down from there too.
    Starting to think 3 prems + rookies mid may not be so smart after all...

2. Morgs

Morgs New Member

Just putting it out there Cloke avg 97 last year and played 22 games.
    Which put him 7 for total points in the forwards ahead of buddy chappy and others.
    I see no reason NOT to pick him this year??

3. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Morgs, great observation, thank you.

This kind of puts Cloke in the same/similar category as Fyfe and Martin in that that was his first "good year".

Cloke
    pts games
    2150 22 2011
    1814 20 2010
    1399 19 2009
    1627 21 2008
    1749 22 2007

Looks like he may have grown into his body at last. Hmmmmmmm.

4. grav

grav Guest

I know SKT highlighted him at the start of this thread but is N Roo a lock considering the Saints early run?
    I guess the question on everyone's lips is:
    Was last year just a glitch from what what has previously been a 110ppg player?

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

He has yet to shout, or even whisper, pick me! For my money...

6. crew

crew New Member

My forward line headache.

To go premium & Rookie or Mid & Mid price

Porps. Pro: Has runs on the board. Con: Shoulders of chalk.

Ballentyne. Pro: Midfield time and Lyon does percevere with players (Except rookies). Cons: His form has been luke warm rather than red hot so far and can he take the next step ?.

Reid, Sam. Pro: Has good form & talent and good jod security (Fills the hole left by BBBH and not filled by Jesse White). Con. Can he handle extra pressure ??, he will be noticed this year.

Christensen. Pro: Has talent & will be played with mid time. Con. will he become a tagger ?(Lings gig)

7. grav

grav Guest

@Lenh191
    Yes, NAB has barely given us a fleeting glimpse of him, hopefully N Roo gets some decent game time today to help in decision making.
    I haven't dug too deeply to see how his pre-season or intra-club form has been.
    Anyone got the lowdown?

BTW - It might be yesterdays (or last month's) news, but saw this on AFL site confirming Pav's FWD role this year

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/130393/default.aspx

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

What about Karnezis?

Massive wraps on him. Hows his pre season form?

9. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

FixEmUp - Karnezis certainly would be a "unique" pick...but as a young key position player and akwardly priced, I'd be staying well away! As far as his preseason goes he has played 2 games and averaged 31DT points.

10. danny_mack

danny_mack New Member

Debating whether to throw Shannon Byrnes in my team.

Looking at geelongs fwd line, theres a few gaps left by Varcoe, menzel and even Wojak. you'd think that he's got the better chance of taking their spot over players like smedts and motlop. He was riddled by injury last year, but his 2010 and 2009 form was quite good.

Atm its between him and porps, i'd love to pick porps but dont want to be sucked in and be a trade down after 2-3 rounds.

11. JMac

JMac Member

As it stands at the moment my forward line lkooks pretty solid (in my opnion anyway) but I'm not sure about two things.

1) I'm struggling to find any rookies forwards with reasonably solid job security. The two I see best at the moment would be Saad and Hall (GC) does anyone else know something I don't about any others (thinking Dickson, all GWS, Rowe, Couch, Dell'Olio, Zorko etc)

2) Right now my forwards are Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Christensen, Sadd, Hall + 1 more TBD rookie. I also have another genuine rookie price player in my mids. Should I consider a downgrade of Fyfe to Steele and use the money elsewhere, or better bet losing Clarke in the backs for another rookie.

Cheers

12. Better off flicking Clarke and keeping Fyfe IMO

13. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Might cost a little bit extra but I like Cripps, has looked quite solid throughout the preseason, if I'm not mistaken I believe he has decent JS.

14. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Skinner from the Bulldogs is worth consideration.

15. PopeySFC

PopeySFC New Member

Haven't heard a mention of Josh Kennedy (WC) Any one know why he hasn't featured in the NAB cup ? Injured ? With the Eagles hansom first half draw he looms as a good POD..

16. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Popey he has plantar fasciitis. The hope was that he would play against St Kilda but it was always more likely to be next week.

17. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

How has Aaron Hall gone since nab 1? havent heard much about him.

John Butcher?

18. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

I'm thinking the more mids you have as forwards the better with Buddy being the only exception so I'm leaning to: Buddy, Dustin Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smith (GWS), Kerridge, Smedts and another rookie priced player. The plan will be to get guys like Fyfe, Jordan Lewis etc as later upgrades. Thoughts?

19. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JackosDream on March 13, 2012, 19:38
    I'm thinking the more mids you have as forwards the better with Buddy being the only exception so I'm leaning to: Buddy, Dustin Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smith (GWS), Kerridge, Smedts and another rookie priced player. The plan will be to get guys like Fyfe, Jordan Lewis etc as later upgrades. Thoughts?</blockquote>

Agree with Buddy, Pav, and possibly Brown at his price the only exceptions (Brown round 3 onwards). Risky leaving Fyfe out at the start imo, and Dangerfield must be on your radar.

20. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

My dilemma is I need 2 FWD rookies to fill F8 and F9, preferably from teams that have the bye in RD12 ,13. I already have Hall(GC)and about 500k to spend. All suggestions gratefully received.