Is Franklin dead?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I'm fully not putting Franko in. He's a chump really.

I might start a second team called suspended hopes and put him, campbell brown, waite, maybe hunt in. Then a few injury prone players like brown, drummond, barlow, grimes and rioli then I'll just plan to start my rookies every week.

Putting in a $600k player who will be lucky to play 17 games a year? Go ahead! and then join my league because imma beat you!

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Genuine rolled gold premium forwards are so light on the ground he picks himself...
    If he drops 7 pts a game I will cop it.

3. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

wouldn't it be nice if we could rely on rissole rioli...

4. zeddog

zeddog New Member

Hi
    I get these clanger analysis with the 2012 changes, but .. Are there changes
    Al Paton tweets- No Change..

Al Paton ? @al_superfooty
    Despite reports to the contrary #supercoach scoring is unchanged from 2011

5. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from BrockyFreo on March 8, 2012, 21:47
    I'm fully not putting Franko in. He's a chump really.

I might start a second team called suspended hopes and put him, campbell brown, waite, maybe hunt in. Then a few injury prone players like brown, drummond, barlow, grimes and rioli then I'll just plan to start my rookies every week.

Putting in a &#36;600k player who will be lucky to play 17 games a year? Go ahead! and then join my league because imma beat you!</blockquote>

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, but maybe try and be a bit more constructive in the future? Rather than just calling someone a chump...

FWIW I have Franklin in at the moment, I can see the rationale against not starting him, and am weighing it up currently - but I guarantee the winning team will have to have him in by year’s end.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Back on the Franklin bandwagon I think for the sheep

Baaah baah

7. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Agreed Buddy will be top 10 forwards for sure, regardless of any points scoring changes, and he will be in my team.

Just trying to point out that there are other ways to skin the premium forward cat other than looking at points per game. And that some of the golden oldies are super steady and pretty much can be relied upon to provide solid "base load" scoring potential.

cheers,
    Bill

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Totally agree Bill.

I like the concept baseload. Might use it in an article or just a forum post, but it's a very appropriate term.

9. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

buddy to play 20-22 games this year and kick 100... in

10. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Well I was one of the few who decided not to start with Franklin. I thought his early draw would drop his value and hoped to bring him in after round 6. Already those plans are looking shaky. Tarrant pulled out and he scored 142 and now Scarlett will be missing next week so he will probably score well again =(

11. whips

whips New Member

@Swert
    Why will Scarlett miss next week?
    Surely his deliberate fairy tap punch to the jaw is less than Judd's deliberate elbow to the face of Pavlich which was considered insufficient force.

12. buzz

buzz Member

What we have here is a counter intelligence team that has managed to cloud the minds of many. More the merry for us when people are going in without buddy. If I read the champion data article correctly, the increased clangers and frees against score was already in effect last year and the website has only properly updated the proper points this year.
    Going on Friday nights game buddy may have turned the corner on the frees against only scoring one. Gone were those silly tackles he does showing no respect and reckless going head high. It was a disciplined effort. Whether those sloppy tackles return against lesser sides when he may not need to be so disciplined remains to be seen. Only injury or report will be the savior of the non believers.

13. Dekka

Dekka Member

I believe in miracles by Hot Buddy Chocolate. Long live the king.

14. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Buddy was always gonna take another step this year, cant afford to over think some things.

15. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy36 on April 1, 2012, 10:42
    Buddy was always gonna take another step this year, cant afford to over think some things. </blockquote>

Easy to say after 1 round. Now he'll probably get suspended next week haha