2012 Supercoach Midfielders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Dec 10, 2011.

1. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Surely Dell'Ollio will get the nod for the Bombers?

2. gbj

gbj Member

<blockquote>Quote from crossy on March 8, 2012, 04:20
    so does anyone know where to access nab cup supercoach stats for round 2? cheers for the help</blockquote>

S.C. ???

Bigpond stats are below

http://www.afl.com.au/?ref=Net-Head-Sport-AFL

select round 1-2-3 click
    then select game click
    then select full time stats

3. gbj

gbj Member

<blockquote>Quote from BigFozza on March 7, 2012, 13:25
    any love for mitchell???
    </blockquote>

His mum and Aurora Stadium always BIG points there

4. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on February 28, 2012, 19:54
    Lyon doesn't have a history of playing young guys.
    All that means is if he plays he will possibly be extraordinary, but if he is not names in R1 forget it.</blockquote>

Ever think maybe Lyons doesn;t have a history of playing young guys, is because he could never Pick good young guys?

He's been handed a team of young guns, he'd be a fool not to keep playing them (that being said, who ever said he wasn't a fool?)

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

He is a play safe coach, that's not a knock either, he was within a toe poke and a crap bounce of being a dual premiership coach.
    But he will play safe, his history in decision making says a young guy will get a go, but when that's the safe option, not the brave option. The only instance I can recall where he didn't do this was playing Dawson over Maxie in the 2009 GF, and we all know how that turned out.
    Most teams probably have Neale atm, some may have Spurr also, 2 is 1 too many for my R1, purely based on my read of his past processes.
    I've been wrong before :)

6. crossy

crossy Active Member

yeah i think thats just DT stats hey, am i right by assuming there are no nab cup SC stats?
    cheers gbj, go eagles!!

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

yeah, they are gonna make them public at the end of the NAB cup apparently. thats what i remember hearing.

apart from that, just got Freako's tweets to go by as he has been chucking in a few sc scores here and there.

8. crossy

crossy Active Member

ah right, cheers for the info ant!

9. PopeySFC

PopeySFC New Member

J Redden or J Watson ?

10. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

watson by a stretch

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on March 8, 2012, 22:35
    He is a play safe coach, that's not a knock either, he was within a toe poke and a crap bounce of being a dual premiership coach.
    But he will play safe, his history in decision making says a young guy will get a go, but when that's the safe option, not the brave option. The only instance I can recall where he didn't do this was playing Dawson over Maxie in the 2009 GF, and we all know how that turned out.
    Most teams probably have Neale atm, some may have Spurr also, 2 is 1 too many for my R1, purely based on my read of his past processes.
    I've been wrong before :)</blockquote>

Playing Zac over Max was the safe option. One had been part of the all conquering backline for 20 odd games & one had played only handful games and coming back from injury again.

12. hayesing

hayesing New Member

id have to disagree with you there STKT. zac was proven to make rash/ bad decisions at times and while he had done well vs the big guys for a lot of the time, id still have always picked max over him (and not just on max being one of the greatest lock down back men of the modern game). glad to see zac gone tbh.

13. SOS

SOS New Member

Magner (Melbourne) listed with a hand injury (TBC) on the Herald Sun site. Would be in the mix for many a bench mid spot.

14. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I'm finding it harder and harder to pass up on Rockliff...his last 11 games of the season averaged 125...but more excitingly, he punched out big scores against Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast during that period.
    If he can crank out similar numbers this year, and NAB form suggests he should, then he's underpriced by roughly 80-90k.
    Jobe Watson also just burst into my equations with his effort against the swans...he's another who was averaging around the 120 mark before his hammy. If he crunches those numbers it's effectively saving another 80k.
    In real terms...Watson + Rockliff = &#36;170,000 less than Swan + Pendlebury to start the season.
    That's 170,000 that turns a base rookie into Porplyzia and leaves some for comfort on the side.

I don't mean this to diminish Swan or Pendles, I'll be looking at grabbing them both later on, but I just feel like I'd be better maximising my money to upgrade M5 and 6 into them at a later date.

Thoughts?

15. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Rockliff looks particularly attractive if you are trying to spread your MIDs over the the byes

16. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I'm convinced with starting Watson but you need to weigh up the risk of him tweaking the hammy. It's always a concern.

I'm sterring clear of Rockliff. He has never been tagged before and I expect him to get a bit of attention this year. I think he will still score pretty well but I have a feeling he is going to have a few weeks that are just stinkers. No evidence to support this..just a feeling.

17. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from SOS on March 13, 2012, 09:44
    Magner (Melbourne) listed with a hand injury (TBC) on the Herald Sun site. Would be in the mix for many a bench mid spot.</blockquote>

Have heard this is only a week at worst and he should be ok for round 1

18. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from FunkSoulBrother on March 13, 2012, 17:10
    Rockliff looks particularly attractive if you are trying to spread your MIDs over the the byes</blockquote>

I'm not sure I trust rocky enough yet, particularly if you're only starting with 2-3 elite mids. IMO they should be rolled gold elite players with a history of consistency and high scores. If you were worried about the bye, I would take Boyd over rocky (even with the change to the clanger rule)

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from NotTooSerious on March 14, 2012, 06:44
    <blockquote>Quote from FunkSoulBrother on March 13, 2012, 17:10
    Rockliff looks particularly attractive if you are trying to spread your MIDs over the the byes</blockquote>

I would take Boyd over rocky (even with the change to the clanger rule)</blockquote>

For the record again, there has been no change to the SC rules for clangers or anything else between season 2011 and season 2012. All that happened was that the Hun finally decided to update their SC website over the off-season to bring it up to speed with the changes that happened before the start of the 2011 season.

20. scanners

scanners New Member

Jason, so what your saying is that the way points are handed out for SC is exactly the same as last year???
    -8 points for a clanger was the same last season???