2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Choppers the bye coverage for rookies is not hugely relevant at the start, remember by round 12 or 13 you should have updated at least 3 and maybe more, so you can afford to be a "overflowing" a bye week with rookies to start with, as long as you have a plan to correct it by bye time...

With Hall I can't figure out if he is rookie listed, senior listed, or if in fact the GC can pick from an amalgamated squad...

Hall seems a good prospect if he can be picked but there are other options, smedts & pfieffer spring to mind but there is a list somewhere here with a lot of good rookie analysis in it..

2. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Devon smith is the best rookie in the fwrd line

3. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Agreed on smith,
    JMac, I'd be picking your other rookie from D Smith, Z Skinner & G Weedon
    FixEmUp & Lenh, I'm almost sure Hall's on the senior list,
    maybe someone with the prospectus can clarify.
    He only played the first 2 half games but not in either of the last 2 full games, not sure why.

4. Oodles

Oodles New Member

No Shannon Byrnes please. Should start red hot fav to win the twos B&F this year. Will get plenty of opportunities.

5. n131982

n131982 New Member

agree on smith but he didn't play last game - any news?

6. scanners

scanners New Member

Gold Coast Suns website states Hall is on the senior list

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Last week Im sure I saw him on the senior list,
    but now when i check, suns only show their total player list, not distinguishing between rookies & seniors.
    Cats & Giants the same, only total player list, all other clubs display the 2 lists.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I think, like with what Lenh said, the 2 new clubs are allowed to pick from an extended amalgamated squad.
    As appealing as many giants are, I suspect they'll have more rotations week to week with the larger pool to chose from & many of their popular rookies could see 2 weeks on & 1 week off for the first half of the season as the Giants sort themselves out.

9. Len

I need someone to talk me out of Jack Darling, he is seriously tempting at that price, given the likely success of the team and his undoubted talent.... I have Porps atm, but I am keen on finding someone who will not get injured in round 4

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

What do you think the chances of Darling scoring significantly higher than he did last year actually are? Can't see him becoming this year's Coleman medallist in his 2nd season.

Sure he's got talent, but unlike Porplyzia he isn't getting a massive discount on his starting salary due to missing games last year. I think you get what you pay for with Darling, not much more for season 2012.

11. Len

My thought is based around everyone looking at the rookies for the Lecras replacement...
    I think he is already on the field and ready to soak up some of those points.
    He is a kid and should be improving year on year still, and I think he is a 2nd year breakout waiting to happen

12. Tango

Tango New Member

Have to agree with Jason here. Although Darling plays slightly different to most, he is essentially a second year KPF, the exact type of player that you should stay away from in Supercoach. He'll improve, no doubt, but nowhere near the amount that the Porpoise will.

History also tells us that the second year breakout is a once in a blue-moon type occurrence. I think we were a bit spoiled last year with both Fyfe and Martin becoming premiums or near premiums in their second season, because the only other time I can remember seeing it happen was with Selwood. Unless Woosha starts giving Darling decent midfield time (which I don't think will happen), there's just not the scope of improvement that you're looking for here.

13. Len

Weagles really excite me as a team this year so I am a bit biased.

I accept he is possibly a bridge too far, but looking through 2nd year players who are most likely to get game time, have genuine talent, and are playing in teams likely to smash some opponents... Well if there is to be a Fyfe or Martin this year, I feel this guy might be it.

I think I will risk it and be prepared to blow a trade if it's going nowhere early on. They have bulldogs Melbourne and GWS as their first 3 opponents, his value sure wont drop..

14. Jason

Remember that the first 2 games have a limited effect on the rolling average. More important are R3-4-5 games than R1-2 games.

15. Len

I wasn't aware of that at all Jason, is it after that point last years number stops being relevant to the calculation?

16. Jason

Last year's numbers have no effect on pricing during 2012, although they do set the initial price (perhaps also taking a discount into consideration, see my article posted earlier today).

After R1-2-3, a players's salary will be recalculated to account for the difference between the initial value average (divide start price by MN of 5421 to calculate) and the rolling average over the three games.

After R4, the salary is again recalculated based on the adjusted price after R3 and the new rolling average of R2-3-4. And so on.

So the score a player receives in R1 only have a partial effect on the rolling average just the once. And the R2 score only affects the rolling average twice. Whereas every score R3 to R22 stay in the rolling average for 3 rounds. Obviously the final 2 rounds only have a limited effect too.

17. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lenh191 on March 15, 2012, 23:43
    Weagles really excite me as a team this year so I am a bit biased.

I accept he is possibly a bridge too far, but looking through 2nd year players who are most likely to get game time, have genuine talent, and are playing in teams likely to smash some opponents... Well if there is to be a Fyfe or Martin this year, I feel this guy might be it.

I think I will risk it and be prepared to blow a trade if it's going nowhere early on. They have bulldogs Melbourne and GWS as their first 3 opponents, his value sure wont drop..</blockquote>

Unfortunately picking the players to go BANG isn't that easy Lenh.

Last year I had Dangerfield - probably a year too early.

I did have Fyfe last year which was a huge win.

Martin wasn't in a team that performed strongly which further complicates matters.

18. obleex

obleex New Member

Thoughts on Cloke? Is he getting to that stage now where he's a lock in most people's teams? He's so bloody huge - who's going to be able to stop him?? Only issue is converting his good work.

Also, Sidebottom or Dangerfield? I think you need at least one mid pricer up forward to cover byes for the premiums. Leaning towards Danger as I have Cloke in my side already.

19. Len

ATM I have Steele and porps, it seems to big a risk to have dangerfield and porps...
    Cloke has genuine appeal...

I have given up on darling, I just hope I don't end up regretting it, figure I can still grab him early if he starts to smash it..

Is anyone looking at Leigh Adams over Steele?

20. Len

Dbl post..