Top Rookie (sub $150k) choices for 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

You can hit that "Edit" button if you wish to correct a post inside the forum mate. Doesn't work for the comments on the main articles, but does work in here.

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Yes, it's frustrating not having SC stats to work with yet,
    will have to re-do it all in that final week, no doubt our lists will change.
    & True also that stats only tell half the story, I've noted the job security concerns, thnx.

3. whips

whips New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Oodles on March 15, 2012, 20:33
    Not much love for Cripps is surprising. A forward that plays off half back is gold IMO. If theres good JS then he is in.</blockquote>
    Not quite love, but I like Cripps and have him in at the moment. His average of 30 from 4 games were ALL sub-affected (averaged about half a game per round) and we know Lyon didn't give rookies the best opportunities.
    As a non-Sainter, he caught my eye last year. Another year in the system and a group of FWD rookies I'm not rapt in.
    Enough ticks for me ATM even at the price.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I've had Cripps in my side from day dot, criminally overlooked and playing a position conducive to good scoring

5. JMac

JMac Member

Thoughts on Sierakowski from North. By all reports a lethal left and will play that link man off half back (apparently). Traded for him off the rookie list so they obviously think well enough of him

6. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

What is the latest word on Zorko? I thought he was missing the first few rounds with injury, but I see his name popping up a bit still.

Should I be getting him back in the team?

Currently my rookies are:

FWD: ELLIS, SPURR, DARLEY, YAGMOOR, WILKES,

Mid: PFEIFFER, HAMPTON, BROWN, KERRIDGE, MCDONALD,

Ruc: GILES,REDDEN, STEPHENSON

Fwd: SMITH, SMEDTS, HALL

Although still not convinced on a few of them. I have Yagmoor cos I think he'll get games, even if he doesn't score so well. Same goes for smedts. P-fife is the other tentative choice, seem to hear conflicting things about him..... oh well I'm sure the teams for week one will shuffle things up a bit.

7. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Clay Smith confirmed round 1 starter. Must have him in for mine. Butchers the ball a bit but another ball magnet, and gets hard ball gets.

8. benderiffic

benderiffic New Member

Just curious an how Anthony miles was rated the number one rookie? Sheeds didn't name him in his initial round 1 team an he has been left out of the team for this weekend. Has to be struggling for a round 1 game surely an with the amount of rookie mids I am surprised he even mentioned

9. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Clay Smith confirmed round 1 starter. Must have him in for mine. Butchers the ball a bit but another ball magnet, and gets hard ball gets.

10. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

Miles no longer number 1 after not being named this week. JS shot.

11. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Holey, do you think Magner is worth the bench time noting he will probably not start Rd 1?

12. Holey

at this stage I'd say yes. remember rockliff and podsiadly of '10 not being named round 1...

13. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

At who's expense though Moblets, that's the other side of the question?

14. Holey

I think Smith will start, avg 65-70 and retain his spot

15. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on March 16, 2012, 13:39
    Clay Smith confirmed round 1 starter. Must have him in for mine. Butchers the ball a bit but another ball magnet, and gets hard ball gets.</blockquote>

Teams aren't announced for Bulldogs R1 match for another 2 weeks. It's all talk until then.

16. Breaker

Breaker New Member

Thoughts on Adam Kennedy's job security?

17. FyfeforBrownlow

FyfeforBrownlow New Member

Kennedy's one year older than most GWS rookies, so that might help his cause. Isn't he playing more in the backline as well? That would make him more attractive as GWS backline should be under siege for most of the season.

Any Magpie supporters know if Jackson Paine has a chance of playing early? He looks like a big body and has played well as the third tall forward in the NAB Cup. What are the reports from Collingwood on this kid?

18. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Holey on March 16, 2012, 13:54
    Miles no longer number 1 after not being named this week. JS shot.</blockquote>

It is interesting both Miles and Shiel played in the reserves game... Hopefully just to get some more match practice into there squad and they will both be named in the round 1 team...

19. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

whose the ed curnow of this year? I really haven't seen any standout rookies so far this pre season.
    Its making me think mid rangers will be a lot more important this year

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Paine looking good, it's probably him v Wood for a spot. He's played 5 games, Wood 0 in the NAB. Wood getting over shoulder surgery from last year; so I'd suggest he will be eased back in the VFL and then take first ruck role with Jolly going forward.