nab cup rookies

Discussion in 'AFL' started by teraferma, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

He moves alright, but could never keep his shoulders from popping out. I reckon he did each shoulder at least twice, including one game in which both shoulders went at different stages.

His bigger body compared to other GWS kids should see him play more often than not, but he never proved to be a ball magnet in his early games at the Dogs.

After watching NAB 1, I had him in my MIDs (at which point on was 2-0-6. But he is not currently in my SC team (and my MIDs are now 4-0-4).

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I like Clifton, Koby and Magner for the same reason. Potential DPP for 4th rookie.

What happened to Clifton today?

3. Jason

Not sure. But if he played NAB 1-2-3 then missing this week wouldn't surprise

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

If he plays NAB 1-2-3 then misses he could easily play 1-2 then miss R3, then play a few.

The tempo issue is a real potential problem for the GWS mids. GC got two early byes so they knew a very easy way to give management to their kids.

GWS, I think will give every one of their kids at least one rest before round 8, possibly two. And if that's the case GWS rookies may not bud until bye time. Something to consider.

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Lucas I don't disagree, but there may be a "silver lining". The non-GWS rookies may be the perfect ones for the first few trades, while the GWS rookies may, with their added time off, take that perfect 2-4 weeks more to moo, making for perfect trading between the quick risers and their replacements.

6. Oodles

Oodles New Member

Yep these Giants rooks are doing my head in. I see a lot of folk on here have Clifton at the top of their lists but I see today he only had 4 touches against the Tiges. Even if he only played a half that is still only 4 touches.

I'd read a bit on Tomlinson and also Townsend wo must've played OK today but Adam Kennedy? Anyone got any info?

Also Bugg is nearly on a par with rookie Tiger defenders at this stage IMO.

7. Oodles

Oodles New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 17, 2012, 14:19
    He moves alright, but could never keep his shoulders from popping out. I reckon he did each shoulder at least twice, including one game in which both shoulders went at different stages.

His bigger body compared to other GWS kids should see him play more often than not, but he never proved to be a ball magnet in his early games at the Dogs.

After watching NAB 1, I had him in my MIDs (at which point on was 2-0-6. But he is not currently in my SC team (and my MIDs are now 4-0-4).

</blockquote>

Thanks for that info Jason. I've had him slotted into my mids since the start but you do have me a little worried. Thought he might've been a similar story to Danny Stanley from last year. Possibly not though.

8. Oodles

Oodles New Member

No Sam Gibson today?

9. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

I think Gibson has shown nothing for 3 weeks - he's been scratched a while back for me

10. buzz

buzz Member

I've been so reluctant to give up on Gibson given his mature (25) age status and looking fit. Didn't get any game time today in the best 22. Ziebell will be back in 2 weeks and Greenwood is still injured? Oh well. Time to look a bit harder elsewhere. Best to know now rather than in 2weeks at the scramble that is team selections.

11. Pecks

Pecks New Member

So, will Magner start R1? Its just a finger isn't it?

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Gibson is gone for me also.

Magner may start but if not you should still have him should play in a Melbourne side struggling with injuries already.

Like most, GWS rookies are killing me.

I'm not willing to pay top dollar for the high end ones as they haven't shown enough for mine to warrant the cash. Is Congilio, Hoskin-Elliot or Tyson worth the price tag? I'm not convinced.

Clifton looks good as mature aged but scored poorly over the weekend.
    Miles has averaged well but didn't play over the weekend - arguably when coaches want to play a finalised team.
    Old McDonald was in early but out again as his candidacy for the vest seemed to creep in people's minds. I still want to slot him in my team.
    Shiel and Treloar have been mostly unsighted.
    Kennedy looked good but would be better suited in your forward line.
    Bugg and Darley pretty inseparable and you could do well having both. Have to be convinced they'll do better than the Richmond boys.

Minefield or jackpot?

13. hayesing

hayesing New Member

ledger was impressive for the saints. looks very promising to keep his spot, especially with watters being clear on blooding youth this season

14. teraferma

teraferma New Member

K,Stevens or S,Clifton does anyone have any idea on which one is the better to pick???

15. teraferma

teraferma New Member

Or S.Reid Which 2 would you guys pick

16. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Neither Stevens nor Clifton. Stevens could still be a candidate for the vest and it looks like if he does play it'll be on a half forward flank, Clifton doesn't look capable of delivering solid enough scoring, I think he is in their midfield to be purely a larger bodied enforcer rather than an accumulator. If Shiel is named for round one I'm going to pick him ahead of both of them.

Coniglio has also played around two years of senior football in the WAFL, he would be fairly battle hardened by now.

17. Jason

Clifton had one poor game in NAB4. I'll be quite OK if most avoid him on that basis, makes him a good POD.
    Sam Reid would probably have been delisted by Dogs if he wasn't taken by GWS as an uncontracted player. He's never shown much and his shoulders have popped out many times before, injury prone.

18. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Devon Smith?

19. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Where is luke brown?

20. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

@hawks2008 Sam Darley?