2012 Supercoach Midfielders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Dec 10, 2011.

1. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Yeah scanners, no changes in SC scoring, same as last year.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Yes scanners. Just an example of how professional the Hun are and why anyone should think twice about paying them anything for their content.

3. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

is any1 taking Coniglio or wingard? Im struggling to find 5 sub 130k midfielders who will have really good job sercurity and im thinking i might have to take 1 of them 2 players for extra points and job sercurity

4. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 14, 2012, 07:01
    <blockquote>Quote from NotTooSerious on March 14, 2012, 06:44
    <blockquote>Quote from FunkSoulBrother on March 13, 2012, 17:10
    Rockliff looks particularly attractive if you are trying to spread your MIDs over the the byes</blockquote>

I would take Boyd over rocky (even with the change to the clanger rule)</blockquote>

For the record again, there has been no change to the SC rules for clangers or anything else between season 2011 and season 2012. All that happened was that the Hun finally decided to update their SC website over the off-season to bring it up to speed with the changes that happened before the start of the 2011 season.</blockquote>

Hmm....very interesting! Not sure how I missed that news! Thanks Jason.

5. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Can you leave out Pendlebury, Swan and Murphy and have a competitive start? I've been wondering if a combination of Ablett, Selwood, Jobe Watson and Montagna as starting premiums will be able to keep up with the usually high scorers? I'm working on the basis that their prices will drop and I'll pick two of them up later. I've felt the money saved can be used elsewhere? Am I kidding myself?

6. Jason

I don't think you can leave out all three of Pendlebury, Swan and Murphy and be competitive. I think they will be in the top 6 MIDs across the season. I might leave one out initially and upgrade into, but to leave out all three is probably a step too far.

7. bigshow

bigshow Member

I agree Jason, Pendlebury and Ablett will be the two highest point scorers in Supercoach this year and will do so comfortably IMO. It would be madness not to start either or both.

8. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

I have pretty much built my team starting with Pendlebury, Ablett and Murphy in the mid. Locked in from day one.

9. revgordon1

revgordon1 New Member

I've had Pendles and Ablett as locks for a while, but have been torn between Selwood and Murphy for M3. I was leaning towards Murphy, but an excellent topic "Price Projections for premiums by round 8" by fidelsfinder and feedback from Whips has convinced me to go with Selwood instead. I will trade in Murphy later.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Not for mine, but haven't much on Caddy.

Could be a smokie for some - but quite awkwardly priced.

11. Corks

Corks Member

Swan vs Pendles...Is Pendles CLEARLY worth the extra &#36;32k over Swan in 2012? I haven't seen the Magpies play, but numbers seem to put Swan well down and Pendles at the top of his game, so wondering if its worth finding the extra dollars and ditching Swan (for now).

The way I see it you want both in the second half of the season, so trying to ascertain who will drop by the most dollars and who will have the greatest impact in the first 10-12 games is crucial.

Thoughts from those watching the Pies?

12. Jason

I watched Swan vs Dogs in NAB1. Swan played about 5 mins of footy within that game that basically got his team over the line. That showed enough for me that he still has what it takes (never really had too many doubts).

On more of a hunch than anything else, I will not be starting with Swan though. After his bye, he is surely coming into my team.

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 19, 2012, 19:54
    I watched Swan vs Dogs in NAB1. Swan played about 5 mins of footy within that game that basically got his team over the line. That showed enough for me that he still has what it takes (never really had too many doubts).

On more of a hunch than anything else, I will not be starting with Swan though. After his bye, he is surely coming into my team.</blockquote>

Swan is notoriouisly a fast starter in SC, Dane Swan has avg. 120 points per match between Rnds 1-4 since 2009 - ranked No.1 in the AFL. If your planning on getting him in after the bye it may cost you about the same, or even more than his starting price. Just something to keep in mind.

14. Corks

Corks Member

Thanks NTS. Still torn, but thinking (hoping?) there is more downside on Pendles price than Swan's by mid season when I want to have them both in.

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Pendles for mine, only needs 25 possessions to score the same as a Swan 35 possession game and will end up as one of the top 2 scorers in the whole comp alongside Ablett come season's end.

16. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 20, 2012, 08:10
    Thanks NTS. Still torn, but thinking (hoping?) there is more downside on Pendles price than Swan's by mid season when I want to have them both in.</blockquote>

Very tough to call...I'm heading towards starting with Swan, but only just, that extra 40k from the start may make the difference. What tipped me over the edge is Pendles Averages 120.72 ppg against his opponents until the bye, Swan averages 127.72 ppg against the same teams...