SideBottom Vs Danger Vs Gray

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Oodles

Oodles New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Turbs on March 18, 2012, 21:31
    yeah he shared equal clearances with vince who won the medal and was imo 2nd best midfielder for the crows, looked pretty good.
    Looking like seeing alot of midfield action this year and will only improve on sat night
    </blockquote>

2nd best mid behind Vince? I haven't seen the stats but Thompson was a beast in the guts!

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Thompson was best MID at Crows in 2011 by a country mile. Daylight to second.

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

He looked fantastic and still only scored 80, I'd be more confident in picking him had he played average and scored 80.

4. DBY

DBY New Member

Gray? Looked pretty good. 116 DT points.

5. Turbs

Turbs New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Turbs on March 18, 2012, 21:31
    yeah he shared equal clearances with vince who won the medal and was imo 2nd best midfielder for the crows, looked pretty good IN NAB CUP.
    Looking like seeing alot of midfield action this year and will only improve on sat night
    </blockquote>

Was meaning on Sat night in the NAB grannie boys

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Vince and Thommo were still both ahead of Danger in the NAB GF.

7. JMac

JMac Member

What about downgrading 1 of them to Porplyzia (if you havent got him already) and use the cash elsewhere? More upside when it comes to initial cost vs PPG

8. Pattay

Pattay New Member

Ive never been burnt by danger ....( Yet lol) so ive got him locked in now, permaninate role now in mids he cant go backwards!

9. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Sidebum / Danger / Gray, I had gray in last season, predicting his ' breakout',
    He's just to frustrating to have in your side, heaps of talent but seems to lack the hunger,
    Actually who am I kidding, I'm not having him this year, so lock him in for a brown low

10. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Trying to decide between Gray, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, N Riewoldt, Sidebottom and Adams is doing my head in. The selection will probably make or break a season.

Maybe I should just pick Josh Kennedy and forget about it :D

11. dj62

dj62 New Member

Sounds like Sidebottom is now officially a POD.....

12. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Swert which one will end up in the top 10 at years end? Only question to ask yourself when picking initial team. Zaha, N Riewoldt are possible. Gray, Danger are maybe and Sidey, Patch I don't think will be chance at top 20.

13. Benny

Benny New Member

I'm now trying to find the cash to upgrade to Pavlich, these guys are doing my head in.
    I didn't think Dangerfield was that good in the NAB GF. He moved well but I thought his disposals looked rushed. He will improve but I think he's still going to be too inconsistent.
    Gray is interesting as he can score 120 but not sure if he will be consistent enough to be a top forward at the end of the year.
    Sidebottom has potential and should grow but the fact that Pies have so many good mids and he's such a handy goal kicker means he will still probably have to many sub par games to be a top fwd at the end of the year.
    Zaharakis is also an interesting one. I haven't thought too much about him. He should be set for a good amount of midfield time and the bombers will be challenging for finals again.

14. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Benny on March 22, 2012, 15:02

Gray is interesting as he can score 120 but not sure if he will be consistent enough to be a top forward at the end of the year.
    </blockquote>

I think you'll find that with most of the premium forwards. Buddy, Goodes, Pav all prone to have the odd stinker, but that's not what turns people off them. Depending on if you're going for League or Overall ranking, what matters is how many points they score for you over the course of the season, and average ppg.

15. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Swalloitdown on March 22, 2012, 12:35
    Swert which one will end up in the top 10 at years end? Only question to ask yourself when picking initial team. Zaha, N Riewoldt are possible. Gray, Danger are maybe and Sidey, Patch I don't think will be chance at top 20. </blockquote>

I have none now haha. I managed to squeeze some more money to get a proven premium instead. While I'm sure one of two of them maybe end up averaging 100+, it's too risky for me to try and pick which one.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I think Gray has the best chance of breaking into the top 10 in 2012.