Do we really need rookie DPPs in the midfield from R1?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by MaxPowerExperience, Mar 18, 2012.

1. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

simply all pure mids are too valuable to leave out of the middle, and in the forwards ur looking for kids who run around in the middle as well. so in affect the midfield is all pure mids and a lot of forwards are MF. u will always have alot of MF and MD up forward and down back, rookie MPP midfield bench downgrades near the bye will be where it will come into play more, imo

2. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

With the new trading rules you could easily get a DPP into the midfield.

3. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Ok... But with the exception of Magner, who are these "must have" rookie mids?

Gibson unsighted. Smith looks OK but needs to be elevated as well. I'm not seeing a plethora of rookie pried mids

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Umm, Ledger?

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

That's the thing gogonz, this year there aren't any real must haves rookie mids. Coaches must adjust their structures accordingly to favour those lines with the most depth.

6. Corks

Corks Member

McDonald, Hampton, Miles and Wingard (albeit a more expensive option)all pretty handy looking mid cashcows.

7. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

magner miles clifton mcdonald ledger sheils will all be fat cows... imo

im a little worried about gws rookies scoring well but with the blowouts they will be on the end of

8. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 19, 2012, 18:24
    McDonald, Hampton, Miles and Wingard (albeit a more expensive option)all pretty handy looking mid cashcows.</blockquote>

McDonald will cop the vest a few times I reckon. Port have alread said they won't rush Wingard so may not get many games early on and be rested frequently. Hampton & Miles I don't think have shown much more than anyone else.

Next............... :)

9. johnnypatch

johnnypatch New Member

Macdonald is on board more as a field coach then a player, ur right

10. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from johnnypatch on March 19, 2012, 19:59
    magner miles clifton mcdonald ledger sheils will all be fat cows... imo

im a little worried about gws rookies scoring well but with the blowouts they will be on the end of</blockquote>

Sheils is the invisible man. You going to pick someone on what you read online?

Ledger may start with the green vest I reckon. A midfield of Hayes, NDS, Montagna, McEvoy & co screams fully occupied.

Mcdonald, as per my previous.

and as you say, GWS rookies may be on a spanking every week.

11. Corks

Corks Member

Gees Gogonz...you clearly know more than everyone else on this site so don't know why you bother asking? Given the plethora of reasons you have not to pick any rookies, you might as well stick with Luke Brown and Tim Golds.

Good luck dude...I'm out!

12. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 19, 2012, 20:11
    Gees Gogonz...you clearly know more than everyone else on this site so don't know why you bother asking? Given the plethora of reasons you have not to pick any rookies, you might as well stick with Luke Brown and Tim Golds.

Good luck dude...I'm out!</blockquote>

Cheers mate. Why bother having a discussion on a forum?? I mean it's just ludicrous....

13. hayesing

hayesing New Member

its not a discussion when you talk down everyone elses points as if they are 100&#37; wrong. if you want a discussion try being a bit more open and change your phrasing.

14. stop___hammertime

stop___hammertime New Member

At the moment I have Magner, Coniglio, Shiel and Ledger for Mid Rooks. None of them fill me with great confidence at the moment. Coniglio (&#36;&#36;&#36;), Magner (injury & poor DE), Shiel (injury, no NAB) & Ledger ( green vest favourite, Job Secuirty). It will be hard separtating the Barlows from the Mustons this year. I think the extra &#36;&#36;&#36; you spend on Coniglio will be worth it this year (great JS and DE)

15. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hayesing on March 19, 2012, 22:38
    its not a discussion when you talk down everyone elses points as if they are 100&#37; wrong. if you want a discussion try being a bit more open and change your phrasing.</blockquote>

Not talking down everyone else's points at all. Most are just posting names and I'm commenting on why I don't think they're a better selection. I'd appreciate their feedback as well but if they're to shy ;) well, so be it.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I am also concerned of Ledger's chances of being vested often. At basement price this could be overlooked but for the premium we are paying for him I'm not sure that's a risk I'm willing to take.

STK what do you think of Ledger being vested?

17. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

its a real bummer that Ledger seems ripe for the green vest.

18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I don't think he is a walk up start for the vest, saints have quite a few hovering just outside the 22, where as most of us would have him inside it. Ray, Polo, Peake, Wilkes or Armitage could easily wear the vest at this stage...

19. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I reckon LenH is right, Ledger has done too much in two NAB cups to just be put on the shelf. They need to play him and get the best out of him.

I'd suggest a player like Peake would be a perfect burst player to have as the sub. Not sure if that weakens the midfield too much.