CAPTAIN - Round 1

Discussion in 'AFL' started by a_kampf, Mar 21, 2012.

1. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

That would guarantee you got Mummy's score no matter what. You should have a C from someone playing next week so that your C isn't locked in this week.

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Gold Coast will need to put the floaties on this week... lots or rain and more to come...

Something to consider if your picking Gaz-man.

Cheers

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As a side note to this, if you have gws rookies in your team that have been selected to play make sure they are on the field, you can use one emergency per line for 3 lines to remove the duds after the fact

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Gaj a perma captain for mine..Mummy for loophole. Also putting 3 GWS rookies as emergencies and if any go big will switch them in by selecting a non-player next week.

5. Tango

Tango New Member

G Ablett
    Step 1: Set
    Step 2: Forget

6. Dekka

Dekka Member

@Lenh, if they get on the field and score 0 or less, you can't swap them with an emergency; I reckon Moblets idea is the way too go but only if there is a nonplaying Rd1 rookie you have faith in.

7. Philzsay

Philzsay New Member

With so many people putting the VC on the likes of Goodes/Mumford is anyone else contemplating giving the VC to the likes of Murphy, Judd, Lids, Martin etc as a POD?

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dekka on March 23, 2012, 13:13
    @Lenh, if they get on the field and score 0 or less, you can't swap them with an emergency; I reckon Moblets idea is the way too go but only if there is a nonplaying Rd1 rookie you have faith in.</blockquote>

I'm willing to take those odds, every day :)

I was not referring to the captaincy "loophole", my exploit there is simple, pick the right captain first up, I don't have anyone from either side that makes anything else viable for me.

I was simply pointing out something that would assist the guys who keep posting that they are new to this caper, with all the GWS rookies named for week 1, having them sit on the RH side where they typically default drop is not ideal in this case, and the moveable E after the game is another exploitable rule..