Emgergencies Scores - Is It Really Worth It?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Mar 25, 2012.

1. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Perhaps Bock as a non playing for round 1...(and 2)if you were thinking of him in rd3 anyway? Ths will save a trade and get a few points as well.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Wonder how many people will be trying to get JMacs score onto the field this week and not realize he's out for next 2 weeks and then come next week realize they have no cover and forced to trade or cop donut!! haha

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Yes I hope people are stupid enough to do that SKT. Will be a few less we have to worry about for the 50k.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Potentially, 194,000 SKT, if we are to believe the Hun that SC has 200,000 signed up and we deduct the 6,000 odd TS members. Lucas made the point that to be in the top 3% you only need to finish the year circa 3,000. If the Hun really does get 200,000 that would then change to 6,000. Suggesting that TS members should dominate the top 1% this year. Lies & statistics.

The combination of Sheil and JMac might hurt a few short term.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Giles & Mohr were emergencies in mine,
    If either of Redden, Jenkins or Stephensen aren't named, I'll take Giles score & feel safe the non player will get game time by round 3.
    I want Mohr's score too, watching out for my 6 shortlisted rookie defenders, if one of those miss round 1, I'll take that with confidence,
    but I won't compromise my team so recklessly as to settle for a player I wouldn't have otherwise considered.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I missed out on about 60 points by picking the wrong guys...but this time last year I was staring at "Selwood: 4"

I'd take this over that any day.

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Bock is on my radar. I didn't have him originally as I was unwilling to miss out on having a playing premium without having actually seen the GWS rookies I'd picked (Bugg, Mohr).

Having seen them - Mohr in particular - I was impressed. I have Bugg as an emergency and Mohr on the park, and I'm willing to have Bugg come on as contribute his score if I pick Bock. Then I'm also willing to have some of Mohr/Bugg/Ellis/Morris on field next week to cover Bock as well, as scoring and JS seem to be OK.

More annoyed I had Kennedy on the bench and Smith on the field! But Kennedy will moo. As will Smith I think. JMac on the bench can stay there ... had Shiel on the field (doh) Congilio on the bench can hang for now.

I always have the philosophy of allowing myself a trade pre-price rise to bring in a rookie that I have missed for one I've got wrong. If Congilio (and I can't remember how to spell his name) doesn't work, for example, I'm more than happy to move him on for a cheaper rookie who will moo quickly. Or if there's not someone who stands out as an option, keep him as a slow burning cow.

But same thing goes right now pre the rest of Round 1. Now that we've seen the GWS guys in action in the proper stuff, there might be a need to perhaps have a minor rethink about what their respective good or ordinary form will allow you or force you to do. For me, that means considering Bock up back.

8. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Problem with Bock up back is he will actually play up forward and probably not score as much.

9. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

AngryAnt - that's part of the considerations in picking him. The move to a HFF roaming around might actually see him have more freedom to get the ball, or it might be utterly diabolical.

Risk reward I guess.