Swan + M.Clarke or Rockliff + Lake?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by mossssssy, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mossssssy

mossssssy New Member

Howdy all, love the site. Long time reader, but my first post is unfortunately a question!

Similar to other threads, Lake entices me, but the cash for him scares me a bit. I have avoided him and had Swan & Clarke, but could fit Lake in taking Swan down to Rockliff or even possibly Judd.

I already have Ablett, Pendles and Boyd in the mids, and Clarke/Lake would be my only mid-pricer. Its doing my head in, I think the server crash last night was from me doing this trade backwards and forwards so many times ;)

Any thoughts on this? Swan is an out and out champion, but just hasnt looked the goods, however the preseason is great for gauging rookies but I dont take much notice of it for premiums. Rockliff is not as much of a guarantee, but imo is due for breakout? Judd is not really a consideration, I wanted him as an upgrade later if he looks the goods again......

Any help is much appreciated!!

2. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Flip a coin RE: Clarke vs Lake for mine. Clarke is about 100k cheaper so I have him in instead so I can keep my current lineup. The advantage for Lake is there is a chance he could return to his form a couple of years ago and become a keeper. That's a big if though. Lake's JS you would favour over Clarke as well, but as long as Clarke plays well enough, I don't really see him going anyway. They both have pros and cons.

Rockcliff looks a good POD, but doesn't have the track record of Swan. Swan has been rumored to miss games to go to Arizona. It's really tough. My advice is go with your gut, I don't think either of these is a wrong decision.

3. mossssssy

mossssssy New Member

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I wouldnt want Lake as a keeper anyway, and if Clarke gets the games will probably earn as much if not more $.
    Just a bit nervous on Rockliff, may as well go the tried and tested Swanny and give Clarke a rip :)