Starting rookies for your side

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Anyone have Kennedy as an emergency like me. Now I need to find a non-starter so I can sub him in. Any suggestions?

2. uplaybomber2

uplaybomber2 New Member

I had my 4 cheapest players in my starting line up play. It would have been nice to have Kennedy start instead of Smith but I'm still happy I selected him. Also I had to honor Smiths more consistent scores in the preseason. Now I only have players I consider keepers and should score 100 or more. Poor people that selected Mumford and Goodes Lol.

4/331
    Bugg
    McDonald
    Giles
    D. Smith

Bench
    Shiel
    A. Kennedy

3. uplaybomber2

uplaybomber2 New Member

People who started Shiel are crazy! Basically no pressing games and they start him??? He will come good but.

4. gbj

gbj Member

I had my 4 cheapest players in my starting line up play. It would have been nice to have Kennedy start instead of Smith but I'm still happy I selected him. Also I had to honor Smiths more consistent scores in the preseason. Now I only have players I consider keepers and should score 100 or more. Poor people that selected Mumford and Goodes Lol.

4/331
    Bugg
    McDonald
    Giles
    D. Smith

Bench
    Shiel
    A. Kennedy

One game doesn't make a season good or bad :)

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Had 3 rookies on field last night

JMac (100)
    Parker (62) (alright technically is midpricer)
    Giles (88)

Then had these guys emegenices

Shiel (34)
    Smith (55)

and this go just sitting on bench

Bugg (88)

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am mostly happy with the starting rookies so far;
    Bugg 88
    Mohr 86
    Smith 55
    Coniglio 59
    Wilson 24 - not so happy

Emrg
    Giles 88 - tempting to go 1-3 now as they are not terrible points
    Falau 24 - wasn't expecting much but expect him to improve, better athlete and more suited than Hunt was/is.

My biggest act of stupidity so far which will be eyed off for immediate correctiond was picking Hannebery over Jack at M5.

7. chewy

chewy New Member

had j-mac and smith starting with shiel,giles and kennedy on bench .j-mac was good ,smith was o.k,shiel will get better,giles outstanding,kennedy was real good.i passed on bugg as he hadn,t impressed me much in the nab(might be wrong there!)he was good last night and also mohr was much better than what he showed me in the nab BUT it is only one game against a surprisingly flat and quite frankly disappointing sydney side i wouldn,t be getting too carried away with the gws scoring at this stage!

8. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Does anyone still have Anthony Miles? I reckon I might have made a huge mistake trading Adam Kennedy out for Miles right before the match. Might be one of the dumbest moves in supercoach history, one of them is playing and has mpp status, the other has neither, and I go for the crap one. What are Miles's prospects of getting a game soon and if Kennedy kills it again next week, is it worth sacrificing a trade to get him?

9. weazel

weazel Member

ha ha i love it 1 game down and all ready doubts creeping in over peoples selections. DONT PANIC PEOPLE!!!!

10. chewy

chewy New Member

it is only early mate and i would think he will get quite a few games when i dont know but these kids will get tired quick and i would expect a fair bit of time management for most bar a few .

11. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Pretty Happy with my GWS selections....

Mohr D7 86

Shiel M6 33 (You know he's better than that)

Kennedy F7 103

Bench

Bugg 88
    Giles 87
    Smith 54

The "gun" scored the lowest. 4 winners out of 6. 1 pass. 1 let down. Pretty happy with that TBH

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I have Sam Shaw tentatively at D9 hopefully keeping the spot warm for Spurr (if elevated this week), and so this news about Rutten is good for Shaw's prospects for sure.

So with his boosted JS is worth the punt? Is a KPP, which can be an issue. Furthermore I feel he has others nipping at his heels (like Luke Thompson) and so one poor game could see him shafted.

13. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Have been informed from a very reliable source that Clay Smith WILL be debuting this weekend against the Eagles, no word on the vest or not yet. What are the thoughts on Smith for the year?

14. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Nick,

The news on Rutten is now good not bad unfortunately.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131650/default.aspx

Will be interesting to see where they slot Shaw in, if at all.

15. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Here's the info on Smith and Dickson.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13280355/bulldogs-to-unleash-manly-football-on-eagles/

The vest is still a worry for both I'd reckon.

16. Kel

Kel Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Fedor on March 25, 2012, 15:54
    Does anyone still have Anthony Miles? I reckon I might have made a huge mistake trading Adam Kennedy out for Miles right before the match. Might be one of the dumbest moves in supercoach history, one of them is playing and has mpp status, the other has neither, and I go for the crap one. What are Miles's prospects of getting a game soon and if Kennedy kills it again next week, is it worth sacrificing a trade to get him?</blockquote>

Fedor, Don't stress, Miles was named in the best for UWS. He will get games absolutely no doubt. Might actually turn out to be a very astute selection.

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm actually disappointed I didn't stick with Miles, after getting scared away by his non-selection in round 1. Heard nothing but very good things.

I'm fairly confident in saying that Smith will get the vest over Dickson, as Smith is the draftee coming in, and Dickson is the mature aged recruit, already having played many full games of senior footy.

18. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

McDonald's suspension and Clifton's injury opens the door a little more for Miles, however I was hoping it would stay shut a little longer so I could downgrade to him. Scully and Power should be back though, so he isn't an automatic inclusion.

19. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Any thoughts on Couch from Melbourne? I've heard he's been promoted to the senior list. One impressive and two very low scores in the last two NAB cup games, I'm guessing these were sub affected. Anyone taking a punt on him or are we thinking he is just a target for the vest?

20. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

@fedor , mate i kept miles in the team!! Hoping he will be back next week, the way GWS are and sheedys selection i dont think its going to be as easy as picking your players waiting 5 or 6 games for them to moo and then downgrading, I reckon quite a few will be in and out over the first half of the year and make milking the cows a little fustrating