Pendleburys rookie pies

Discussion in 'AFL' started by traviso, Mar 29, 2012.

1. traviso

traviso Active Member

He's got Marty Clarke and Jackson Paine in his team? Surely he has the inside running and they are due to play enough to moo?

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Marty Clarke for sure!

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Where did you get this information from traviso? Are everybody's teams now available to view?

4. traviso

traviso Active Member

Behind the currently free paywall/digital pass on the evil HUN. One of the Superfooty videos titled 'No room for buddy'. Absolutely no inside info here ;-)

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'll have to read up on my HUN a bit more! Cheers for that. While my two month pass is still active. Then after that I'll just hack my in ha ha

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

way in*

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I have the same two in my team currently so it proves my mail is correct on these guys.

8. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Eh Marty Clarke is a crab.

9. MoneyInTheBank

MoneyInTheBank New Member

Anyone got any thoughts on Jackson Paine? He has to be worth a look if Pendlebury is picking him. Has not exactly been doing a heap in the NAB cup but i think he was sub affected. Anyone know more?

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Could be a replacement for Leigh Brown maybe? Dunno what happens to him once Wood gets back into their side, if he does at all.

11. theclaud

theclaud New Member

Doesn't anyone else find it stange that players are allowed to play supercoach? or any fantasy game they are part of?

12. theclaud

theclaud New Member

*strange

13. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

@theclaude maybe thats why aaron davey didnt go hard in that contest with n roo last year. He had him in his SC team! ;) On another note, pendles picking marty clarke has renewed my confidence in him vs guthrie

14. pollypies

pollypies Member

I've seen most of the Pies games and I think Paine has been the most impressive Collingwood rookie, ahead of Yagmoor and Clarke, based on impact alone (not sure it will translate to SC points). His attack on the ball his ferocious and he can take a mark. Problem is, he has been playing forward and cannot kick for shit. He missed a goal against the Saints from 10 metres out directly in front. Haven't seen him played down back at all yet.

Judging on pre-season games, I wouldn't be suprised if the Pies play Dawes as a the second ruck (pinch hitting for a few minutes at the end of the quarter to relieve Jolly). Dawes spent of lot of time rucking in the VFL before he started playing regularly in the AFL. I wouldn't be suprised if they give that tactic a go at the start of the season, which could mean Paine is required as another forward 50 target. If it doesn't work though, Wood could come back in once he is match fit and not sure where Paine would fit in then.

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Paine only scored 39 points from 100% tog against Melbourne in the preseason, doesn't strike me as a particularly high scorer.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

agree AA, however, small fish taste sweet and a doubling in price is a help in an upgrade

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Don't like Marty Clarke at all but seems to have the highest JS out of all of the back rookies outside of the GWS ones and Ellis.

18. Benny

Benny New Member

Yeah I think I may move a fwd premium to def as the fwd rookies don't look so bad right now

19. Like a V6

Like a V6 New Member

Yeah interesting rookie choice for pendles - pretty awesome to see superstars playing SC themselves. His team is actually pretty awesome too.

I'm tossing up between Jackson Paine vs A Hall vs Billie Smedts in the forward line.

I wonder if pendles does have some inside info on how much jackson paine will play?

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

If Pies are going to use Dawes as Leroy, someone needs to replace Dawes. Paine looks to be the man.

Pies need to rotate Jolly and Wood over the season to keep them both fresh. Occasionally they will both play but I think that this stuffs the Pies rotations and makes them too top heavy.

Paine would be a slow burner, but his DF ability enables him to be moved to the backline and you can bring in another forward if you stuff a few positions up.

Read Morris. Hmmmm.