How does the Leagues section actually work?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by brettydaviseyes, Mar 29, 2011.

1. brettydaviseyes

brettydaviseyes New Member

Hi guys, love the website am am getting a lot from it but just wondering how I go about getting the league tracker section to work? Is someone able to run me through what you have to do?

2. R0BD0G

R0BD0G New Member

would love to know also. i have uploaded the teams ID. but i can't get it to refresh to the current round.

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

In short, if you enter in the tid's of the teams in your league, we'll track their trades for ya! :D

How it works behind the scenes is that when I push the go button, it runs through all the teams and grabs the teams, but can only be run at night cause it hits the server hard, which really is a flaw as I've fallen asleep the last two nights without clicking the go button.

That said though, if you hit the save button on your league, it will go and grab the latest teams for ya! :D

4. deasend

deasend New Member

Is anyone else having problems with the league section at the moment? Has been working fine each other time I looked at it, but this week it has all 30 squad members for each team listed as INs for all teams I'm tracking.

5. brettydaviseyes

brettydaviseyes New Member

mine has been doing the same, what can we do about this walesy?

6. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I haven't been able to get it working either. Although i didn't start using it till only a few weeks ago, so i expect a lot of INs in about rnd 6. It hasn't shown me any of the trades since though.

7. clackerz

clackerz Member

I've got the trades on mine showing - started rnd 7 and have got the rnd 8 trades showing

8. lsco

lsco Mature age rookie

There appears to have been an issue at and around Round 7 where all teams reset and starting tracking again.

I have full history up to Round 6 and then all INs for Round 7.

Quite a handy tool. Thanks Walesy!

9. R0BD0G

R0BD0G New Member

would love it to pick up 'trades remaining' from the website as i have only started tracking recently. :)

10. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

how do you find out the tids??

11. R0BD0G

R0BD0G New Member

tid - go to the league page and hover the mouse over the teams

12. lsco

lsco Mature age rookie

Simply goto the Supercoach Leagues section and hover over the other team names from your league, the tid should be visible in the status bar, or click it and look at the URL.

Alternatively you can search for the teams on the Rankings page when you are not logged in at the SC site.

13. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

im still having trouble with this, it says all the players as 'INS' for round 8
    anything you can do about this walesy?

14. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

<blockquote>im still having trouble with this, it says all the players as 'INS' for round 8 anything you can do about this walesy?</blockquote>

yeah mine looks exactly the same....round 8 ins

15. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, something stuffed up somewhere along the way- which is messing up the way data is looked at after the fact- I'm hoping to get some time to look into over the weekend- on next week, always knew there would be kinks, but because of the sheer amount of data- it's a bit of a monster to debug! :D

16. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Sweet! Thought I would check out the number of trades made by each of the Top 20 teams to go with Kel's information on PODS but it has only worked for a handful of teams. I'll try again next week after you've had a play with it Walesy. Interesting to see the top team has already made 14 trades though

17. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

I followed the instructions to upload my league.
    Same thing, it just shows the team everyone has now, which leads me to believe that you have to start tracking at the beginning of the season if you want to see how many trades your opponents have made or have left. Now I know for next year...

Pity, because I am 1-2 in a league with a guy who claimed in the psyche out that he still has 12 trades left - if so, I might be in trouble sitting on 4 trades.

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Canada, that's exactly right, you do need to track from start of year.

We made a big push to get as many leagues as possible tracked from day 1 - that's why we know so much about players like Impromptu and the Cheeky Boys - because they were tracked from the get go.

Since then we've tried to track generally the top ten each week, but yeah, you miss the trades done previously so someone can slip through the back.

Next season, the more we get in before round 1 lockout the better.

And as for the guy who says 12 trades left...if you have coverage and a complete team now, you can still win. Steel yourself, and like I have to do in most of my leagues, grit your teeth and win regardless.

19. Ingall

Ingall New Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread but, will it be possible to upload entire leagues instead of adding each team individually? I assume this would have to be done after round one when leagues are closed off.

20. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Yeah, just stumbled across this post, thanks Ingall.

I'd also like some info on what it does, and how best to use the info.