Thanks Scarlett

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 1, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Someone give him a medal, seriously he should get off. Hitting Ballanyne should be rewarded! But seriously is this one biggest dives in AFL history? He hardly touches him

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62RQ2P-5UU[/embed]

2. Toey

Toey New Member

+ 1 for crackin him,but thats gotta be 4 weeks.It's not why it happened, it's the intent that will cost him . maybe Buddy 4 Capt?

3. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

It was a huge dive!

I think the MRP has to take into account that Ballantyne actually touched Scarlett first (Scarletts first move was intimidation, then Ballantyne pushes him away, then Scarlett takes a swing), but in the end Scarlett did hit him. It was very soft, just grazed him, and you can see Ballantyne makes his knees buckle so he'll fall over - if he was really hit he would have been falling to his left, not straight down.

My tip is Scarlett will be given 3 weeks for reckless high contact, but Ballantyne should also be given a week for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ballantyne looks like will come under scrutiny for behind the play hit on Chapman just before half time. No video footage at moment, but surely will be somewhere.

5. spud

spud New Member

Looks as though Ballanrat comes into contact, albeit softly, with Mzungu on his way down. (34sec mark)

Good on Scarlett for the hit, just a pitty he didn't KO him. Rats like him and Baker get what they deserve on the field.

6. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Now if only someone can do that to Milne at the Port game today.

Good work Scarlett, he deserves to have his head knocked off.

7. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Good on Scarlett? Cost his team the 4 points and his reputation has gone out the window. Should really expect better from such an experienced player, especially one towards the end of his career. He needs to be mindful of what he wants to be rememberd for I think. It's not like there's anything new here players have been doing this for years. No doubt here that he should be heavily reprimanded and deserves a serious spray from the coach.

8. hayesing

hayesing New Member

cant really say his reputation has gone out the window, scarlett has never been one to step back and one punch does not change the standing of someone whos been great for so long. bit of an overreaction in that part of your statement CJ

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on April 1, 2012, 11:40
    It was a huge dive!

I think the MRP has to take into account that Ballantyne actually touched Scarlett first (Scarletts first move was intimidation, then Ballantyne pushes him away, then Scarlett takes a swing), but in the end Scarlett did hit him. It was very soft, just grazed him, and you can see Ballantyne makes his knees buckle so he'll fall over - if he was really hit he would have been falling to his left, not straight down.

My tip is Scarlett will be given 3 weeks for reckless high contact, but Ballantyne should also be given a week for unsportsmanlike behaviour.</blockquote>
    Agree it was a huge dive.

But why the hell would the MRP take "he touched me first" into account? Provocation has never been an acceptable excuse for someone's actions.

10. gogonz

gogonz New Member

He's gaaaaaawn....... No idea what his record is like but 3 weeks minimum. Sorry, but a clear strike to the head. No extenuating circumstances.

Would I love to punch Ballantyne in the mouth? You bet. Would I love to have him stirring up opponents in my fwd line??? Double me down.....

11. FyfeforBrownlow

FyfeforBrownlow New Member

Not sure how Scarlett can get away with reckless. If a left hook to the head is not intentional contact, then they need to revamp the system again. I agree that Ballantyne definitely milked it after the fact, but Scarlett has no excuses. He should get a month off.

Not a huge supporter of Balla's theatrics, but I love his work on the field. His whirl-around opposite foot goal assist to Pav in the final quarter was class.

12. Oodles

Oodles New Member

<blockquote>Quote from CJ22 on April 1, 2012, 16:25
    Good on Scarlett? Cost his team the 4 points and his reputation has gone out the window. Should really expect better from such an experienced player, especially one towards the end of his career. He needs to be mindful of what he wants to be rememberd for I think. It's not like there's anything new here players have been doing this for years. No doubt here that he should be heavily reprimanded and deserves a serious spray from the coach.</blockquote>

Sorry thats a ridiculous statement CJ.