fyfe vs thomas scoring

Discussion in 'AFL' started by VanderHaar, Apr 2, 2012.

1. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

.dale thomas 12k 7hb 2g 94 sc very quiet game for him thought he deserved less maybe 10 to 15 points
    unless i was missing him on the ground with the new haircut.

fyfe 20k 10 hb 2g 109 sc was bobbing up in everything through the night fantastic and freakish and only got 15 more points than daisy ?
    tho with this game i had the radio on listening to ess,north so maybe i missed something too.

i have neither in my team just thought it was odd

2. Obi

Obi New Member

If Fyfe keeps playing like he did on Saturday night, his scoring will start to go huge. Best 109 SC game I have ever seen.

3. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I agree with most of this, Fyfe was superb on Saturday night and similar games will net him 120+, but in defence of CD, a lot of his kicks forward when under pressure didn't hit targets or were to advantage, particularly in the last quarter. I have no quantitative evidence to back this up, but having him in my team and watching him with interest (the kid as an absolute Jet), I noticed on a number of occasions his kicks from contested possession just went forward, but to no-one in particular.

But, he is a beauty and looks set to handsomely reward his owners this year.

4. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

Fyfe has poor disposal effiency. His disposal effiency was 50% and had 9 clangers which could cost him 50+ points.

5. TN

TN Wanderers

Imagine how much of a profile Fyfe would have playing for a Melbourne based club like Essendon or Richmond, ala Hurley or Dustin. He is only going to get better and once he improves his disposal efficiency, look out.

6. FyfeforBrownlow

FyfeforBrownlow New Member

I'm obviously biased, but I think CD definitely undervalued Fyfe's game. Half of his 30 possessions were contested, and I don't remember any shocking clangers like he's had in the past. 6 marks, 7 tackles, I'm not sure where his points went.

If Freo could ever get their hard ball, inside midfielders fully fit (Mundy, Lower, Barlow), then Fyfe will be freed up to go forward more and play in a little more space. The great thing about the kid is he's basically untaggable because of his excellent overhead marking skills and massive tank. Daisy's an excitement machine, but Fyfe has that natural ability to find the ball that all the greats seem to have.

I've said I wouldn't be surprised if Fyfe ended in the top 6 scoring midfielders this year, and despite Saturday's score, I stand by that claim.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Don't know how many times we have to say it but you CAN'T compare players scores from different games. So many things influeance scores it's just not possible to compare.

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Fyfe played a ripper, I thought disposal was good but the pressure applied was strong.

Not sure if he got a GA in the last passage goal to Pavlich but would have been nice.

As regards Thomas v Fyfe, well there appeared more pie to be available in that game, due to a lot of pretty poor scorers (Boumann, Yagmoor, Seedsman etc)

So Fyfe's game in the Hawks v Pies would have netted him 130s most likely. Just one of those things, and I'm fairly sure it will even out by the end.

9. jb

jb New Member

Fair point thunda, good discussion though nonetheless...

10. Midge001

Midge001 Member

His left-footer from the pocket deserved 80 points all on it's own.

11. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer some good points info here , and yer @thunder hard to compare between 2 games tho just surprised at the 2 scores tho i didnt look up efficiency and the last few minutes of the geelong game i had a blackout especially when mcintosh was lining up for goal , if 5 naked cheerleaders ran across the ground and hugged fyfe i would have missed it .

i guessed wrong with suckling , kennedy and nroo
    and i pegged cross and lake

just trying to manually guess scores for my future picks from games i watch .

12. Fedor

Fedor New Member

Agree with others in saying that that was best 109sc game from a player I've seen. Fyfe tore it up and was very surprised he scored so "low".