Selection News

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TerryinBangkok, Apr 3, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I refuse to ever watch Ch7 for team selection info.

3. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Demetriou would sell his mother (and I wouldn't watch her either).

4. J_C

J_C Guest

And here I was thinking that the age of 'new media' was supposed to make information more easily available. Silly me.

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

Seems to be ridiculous this info is being protected so highly when they show all 18 teams in about 95 seconds. You couldn't read it if you wanted to.

6. Mercurial89

Mercurial89 New Member

So what if a coach comes out and says that such and such wont play this weekend because of an injury and we are looking to say promote this rookie. Does that count? how strict are they going to be with this type of thing?

7. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Well scarlet and ballantyne won't be exclusive ch7 news, they are both out (how's ballantyne's form dropping the big strong chappy like a little girl!)

Can anyone tell me looking at the MRP video why Franko's sling tackle was not costing him weeks? Oh, because it's Franklin, they figure he'll have plenty more options to get reported yet!

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Because it wasn't a sling tackle.

9. Mercurial89

Mercurial89 New Member

I dont think it would ever be classified as a sling tackle. But it was very similar to tackles last year that the media jumped on for a story. However since its franklin and he seems to be the new poster boy for channel 7 they barely mention it.

10. TooManyRabbits

TooManyRabbits New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BrockyFreo on April 2, 2012, 22:28
    Well scarlet and ballantyne won't be exclusive ch7 news, they are both out (how's ballantyne's form dropping the big strong chappy like a little girl!)
    </blockquote>

It's pretty easy when you cheap shot someone when they least expect it

11. Mercurial89

Mercurial89 New Member

i was actually hoping ballantyne would get more. There's footage of him doing it MILES off the ball, didnt selwood get done for 4 without any evidence?

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Regardless of the Balla/Scarlet sideshow, I read the implications of this are primarily that the AFL 'owns' everything. The club web sites, merchandise in the club stores, hotels for travelling clubs, flights and now information. Anything that can be sold. Next will be injury updates. Hell, in the near distant we will have to pay something to find out how many weeks Scarlett got.

Reading this carefully suggests clubs reporting on players in the magoos should not use phrases like, "pressing for selection" or "close to selection" or "still a bit sore, but 50/50 to play next week". All those tweets will dry up as big brother clamps down to appease Channel 7.

13. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

all of this information will then be stuffed inside Tom Harley's cardboard cutout

14. Turbs

Turbs New Member

robby grAy back this week ?

15. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Think he is going to miss one more Turbs. Port will be conservitive given his history and importance. Funny him missing round 1 given all the conversation on here over pre season that he was over his injuries because he had one full year.

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Mercurial89 on April 2, 2012, 22:51
    i was actually hoping ballantyne would get more. There's footage of him doing it MILES off the ball, didnt selwood get done for 4 without any evidence?</blockquote>

An elbow to the head (ear wasnt it?) is bit worse then to stomach. Duckwood did some serious damage to blokes ear drum from memory.

17. Turbs

Turbs New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on April 3, 2012, 22:31
    Think he is going to miss one more Turbs. Port will be conservitive given his history and importance. Funny him missing round 1 given all the conversation on here over pre season that he was over his injuries because he had one full year.</blockquote>

Arrrh i was so busy making sure my rookie selections were spot on i missed his injury and have him in my team... hoping he will be in and raring by round 3 ... hmmm or burn a sidey on zarharakis ??