Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by homerj, Jul 16, 2011.

1. @Onion, off season tends to pretty hectic here just beacause everyone is so bored over the break and keen for the new year to start. Great time to get tips and help. I'm also more than happy to help out when I can, but as a warning my ranking this year is around the top 5000 mark. Definitely not elite. Most people on TS will more than likely be happy to lend a hand

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Onion

There is also a regular feature at the end of pre-season called Rate My Team. It is here that the spurts will make suggestions such as improving MPP and pointing out any perceived weaknesses. If you choose to donate, your team can be rated by other donors, where the super serious dwell. Just by making a post here you have already scored a valuable first lesson. Not all Port supporters are feral!

@easty

Astute as ever mate.

@Hornsy

PING! Cop that!

3. homerj

homerj Member

Glad to see my post has generated some great discussion about next year, and this one isn't even finished yet!

Didn't mean for people to right this year off though, we all just need to keep plugging away despite the spuds, gambling fiascos, donuts and the like trying to bring us down!!

I for one should make the top 4 in both my leagues but can see a crash and burn coming in the finals with all the "sleepers" in the league now starting to come good and my team going backwards for the last few weeks. Although this week I got a great score so just need to keep that going

I for one will definitely be on here in the "off-season" trying to get some tips and share some advice (not that I would know!!).

I'm in my third year of SC, the 1st one was a debacle, improved out of sight last year to make the GF in both my leagues only to crash spectacularly with 8 donuts in the GF. This year I have tried to save trades but they somehow all but 4 have disappeared on me and all my "upgrades" are starting to resemble potatoes!! :S
    I am still in the top 1% though which I guess is pretty good.

Good luck to all for the rest of the year :D

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Oh, you're dead Terry! I'm gonna tell walesy!

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

When Selwood went down early in the year I wrote off my season.

That, combined with no Libba, Heppell or Curnow from the start led to a mad scramble when I should have been nailing down points.

So yes, I'll be interested in working out my good team from the start next season. But hopefully Rommel's Legion can take down a few more scalps from here on in.

6. TerryinBangkok

@Hornsy

In a SC sense I was already dead when Mundy went down.

@Homer

Diet. No more donuts or potatoes.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Not a random question but random statement.. If i even start talking or putting into plan a mid pricers strategy next year, can you slap me.. hang on that wont work.. mmm maybe ban me for a few weeks or something :D

8. Zander

Zander Moderator

@skt

I picked a couple mid-pricers this year too. Looks like Foley is one of the few that came good. Guess who I traded out first? ...before he came good.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I had Yarran, Foley, Ward and traded them all out the week they went gangbusters. If i held onto them for that extra week id probably have 10 trades left!!

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps we need a "hard luck stories of 2011" thread to morph out of this one. :)

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Why do we take it Too Serious?? It is just a game when it comes down to it, but why is it?

12. TerryinBangkok

Ah, the eternal question.

Perhaps we tend to treat life too lightly and thus need to take something too seriously?

13. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@SKT and TiB
    Football - its not a matter of life and death. Its MUCH more important than that!

You can also change that to read SC - not a matter of life and death... That there is the reason we all take it WAAAAAAAAAAY Too Serious!!!! (but we wouldn't have it any other way!)

14. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Only found TS just b4 the season started. Went on a very steep learnig curve.

Thought I would go the extra mile and set up teams for guys at work, to help fill up the work league. Big mistake, they all lost interest 2 weeks in. Nearly had a brain exposing trying to run 5 teams, and my team, which I put into 5 leagues.

I saw everyone on here setting up TS leagues. So I set up TS Trophy room, what a comp, tuff, ruff. Nothing in it from 1 to 16 possie.

Plus, I joined, See what differance trades make. Another awesome league.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay Too Serious!!! me thinks ")

15. Thunda

Thunda New Member

PS
    I'll be on here in the off season to learn more. Finished in the 200k possie last season. My best team is sitting about 5000 now, I'll be stocked if I could finish around that mark.

16. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ Thunda

I know exactly where you're coming from there - very similar experience to mine - approx 120k last year being my first year playing SC - this year so far just over 5700.

And like you, I only come across this wonderful site just before the start of the season.

Just proves how valuable the info & advice within the TS community is.

17. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

A quick thank you to all at ts! First year playing sc and my eyes have been well and truely opened, picked a pretty ordinary side and made some poor trades early but found you guys and have been on the improve ever since. Ranked around 20k atm but sure with the help of ts next year I'll build on that. So thanks ts!

18. bolts

bolts New Member

Hey folks, long time listner, first time poster here.
    I put my first too serious post up yesterday and now my email account is flooded with emails from too serious.
    Can anyone tell me how to stop getting emails from too serious advising me that another response to the thread has been made? I had a look in profiles but could see nothing with this option. Any help much appreciated.

19. whips

whips New Member

Agree Bear and Thunda. Started last year as my 1st at 130000th after Rd 1 but TS trading strategies took me to abt 17000th. This year having started at 22000th am looking for a top 3 finish. Haha but yes, this site allows great enjoyment thru participation and newfound competitiveness.

20. <blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on July 18, 2011, 19:36
    Not a random question but random statement.. If i even start talking or putting into plan a mid pricers strategy next year, can you slap me.. hang on that wont work.. mmm maybe ban me for a few weeks or something :D</blockquote>

Righto mate, step up and take your medicine...