Broughton

Discussion in 'AFL' started by petefisker, Aug 26, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I'll be keeping an eye on Dempsey. Too early to panic as has already been said

2. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

If Lyon puts Broughton in a shutdown role again this week, and he does well again...it's trading time.

Big Ross isn't one to move players around that often...if they work somewhere then they stay there.

I've got the cash to go straight into Goddard or sideways to Birch so not much of a problem.

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

As soon as you trade him out, you know he will get 130SC the following week.

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Just on Pavlich - he was ordinary. Lucky to get 98 to be honest - two late goals helped. On the other hand, thought Fyfe was stiffed 20 points.

Broughton I'm giving one more week to in order to see what role he plays. Plenty of options around his price so no panic there if a trade is needed.

Lake is my main defensive worry - moreso than Broughton. Broughton gets one more chance.

5. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from jb on April 2, 2012, 11:29
    Was at the game (what a cracker!)and Creepy just wasnt doing the job on Stevie J so Rossco swapped him for Broughts.
    Not sure if you would call it a master stroke but Stevie J had zero impact on the game.
    FWIW prior to being being moved to tagger Broughts chalked up 35sc in the first qtr.
    Also thought Pav was a bit ripped off kicking the two late winning goals as ended with a sub 100.
    Barlows 72sc in a qtr and a bit is an ominous sign. Pretty sure Mundy didnt play in the WAFL either so maybe a while off yet.
    Bartels 120sc & highest score is a bit rich running at 48&#37; eff as was Duckwoods 58&#37; for 116.
    Then again BOG Fyfe's 50&#37; eff for his 109 could be questioned too..
    </blockquote>
    It could be argued that the winning goals were kicked by Freo in the opening quarter, thus requiring Geelong to bust a gut to get back in to the game and not have enough in the tank to finish it off. :)

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

@Chris88 i agree about pav, was very quiet. Fyfe on the other hand was exceptional. He got the ball to pav for the winning goal too, dont know what that translates to though. I guess pav stood up when it counted and grabbed to important goals.

7. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Too true Jason, That scenario has burnt me before. Or the player you trade in gets injured in the next game.

Managed to get Sandi the week before his first bout of turf toe, and got Roughy in the week before he did his achilles. Ouch.

8. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Broughton needs to average about 95 for me to keep faith in him. His role debate seems to be the sticking point with Mundy to return.

9. bama

bama Active Member

Broughton can still score well in the back pocket that's where he started and averaged mid 90's, Saturday night he just seemed a little lost and out of it after 1/4 time. I'll back him in to score big when I need him to.

Other option is trade him out for someone like Adcock and he's no certainty to post decent scores reguarly just like the others.

10. TN

TN Wanderers

Birchall and Fyfe were no brainer inclusions in my team, but I thought they were stiffed by around 20-30 points.

Broughton started off well, but his move to a stopping role killed his score. If it was a stopping role on Selwood, then he would have at least been taken to the ball, but unfortunately it was a forward.

I can't see myself trading out Broughton after 1 game, especially given the lack of reliable alternative premium defenders and rookies.

Lake on the other hand.........

11. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Wait and see, but my gut says sideways Broughton to Yarran and kill Yagmoor for Mohr. I have no spare change to fix Yagmoor, Boumann and Morris. All were late inclusions.

12. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Deleted sorry.

13. crew

crew New Member

My drama with Broughton if he doesn't turn it around as of next week then he loses huge dollars which means
    1: He loses 100-150K very quickly so he'll basically cost you one early premium upgrade.
    2: Because of his cheaper price everyone without him picks him up so if you keep him he becomes a "dead rubber"

14. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Bock is back in round 3 right? Could be a good move if Broughton gets a 69 as predicted by SC Gold.

15. Dun1

Dun1 Member

No one has mentioned Carrazzo as a replacement for Broughton. Sure the guy's kicking is ordinary at best, but the fact is he's a premium DEF/MID, he averaged over 100 in the NAB, got 100+ last week, and he will never have a tagger going to him. He gets the ball often enough and he's almost guaranteed to get 90+ each week just on sheer volume of possessions. Someone like Adcock will get the odd big score but I can see teams trying to lock him down to stop his influence out of defence.

16. turbo

turbo New Member

The only danger with Carrazzo Dun1 is that he occasionally gets a run-with role. Still seems to score OK though...

17. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigerman on April 3, 2012, 08:40
    Bock is back in round 3 right? Could be a good move if Broughton gets a 69 as predicted by SC Gold. </blockquote>

That is a pretty bad prediction from SC Gold seeing Broughton averages 135 against the Swans in his last two games

18. 82asch

82asch New Member

I would guess that a lot of teams have Broughton in combination with Goddard/Deledio/Scotland and turning Broughton into one of Birchall, Suckling, Carrazzo, Newman or Bock would create real issues come round 13, especially if you had all three of the former group. If you were going to make the move on Broughton Adcock may be worth a punt because he has doesn't have the same bye as almost every other premium defender in the comp - that said probably more risk involved with Adcock.

I'm just glad I don't have Broughton and Lake otherwise I would be getting really worried after one whole round of footy!

19. TN

TN Wanderers

Carazzo is used regularly in a run-with role. He had Dustin Martin in 1st Qtr, then was moved onto Cotchin after Cotchin's 11 possession 1st Qtr. He stopped Cotchin, but also managed to rack up some of his own possessions. Given the way taggers are being used these days, there is more chance of them getting possessions, especially midfield taggers, so Carazzo might be a good POD. The only time his scores will suffer is if he is tagging a rebounding defender, which takes him out of the midfield action, otherwise I don't see a huge risk picking him.

20. Locky

Locky New Member

What do people think about Broughton -> Malceski, J Lewis -> Fyfe. I feel a made a huge blunder leaving Fyfe out and need to get him in. Also alleviates my Broughton issues.