Broughton

Discussion in 'AFL' started by petefisker, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Don't trade Mumford after one game.

Chasing last week's points is a cardinal sin of SC.

2. TN

TN Wanderers

If you are going to trade, which I don't recommend, don't do it until the teams are announced.

3. dj62

dj62 New Member

Broughton is a keeper and anyone who trades him on one performance is a fool. (by the way stevy j was well held by him) If I was going to make any trades it would be to bring in Magnet or Kennedy or Bugg etc in if you missed them. But probably wait another week for those too. It's a long season and those trades are gold at the deathknock. Trust me, as a former early panic trader, it will most likely come back to bite you when broughton starts pumping out the 100's, and he will.

4. Midge001

Midge001 Member

<blockquote>Quote from wheelza on April 4, 2012, 01:13
    i had him i wasnt happy at all with his roll and have made 2 moves had mumford gone might be jumping the gun but oh well i have gone kruzer for mumford and adcock for broughton only time will tell and have 229,000 in the kit scored a mediocre 2046 my team-

DEF: Adcock, Goddard, Delidio, Bugg, Mohr, Scotland, Bower, Clarke, Ellis

MIDS: Thompson, Ablett, Boyd, Magner, Swan, Wingard, Mcdonald, Parker

RUCKS: Kreuzer, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FOR: Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Martin, Hall, D.Smith, Dickson, Kerridge, Pfeiffer

feedback would be welcomed and im tipping some negativity is coming my way </blockquote>

You can count Kreuzer's 100+ scores in the last few years on one hand. When he turns around and scores 70 next week what are you going to do?

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Midge001 on April 4, 2012, 09:35
    <blockquote>Quote from wheelza on April 4, 2012, 01:13
    i had him i wasnt happy at all with his roll and have made 2 moves had mumford gone might be jumping the gun but oh well i have gone kruzer for mumford and adcock for broughton only time will tell and have 229,000 in the kit scored a mediocre 2046 my team-

DEF: Adcock, Goddard, Delidio, Bugg, Mohr, Scotland, Bower, Clarke, Ellis

MIDS: Thompson, Ablett, Boyd, Magner, Swan, Wingard, Mcdonald, Parker

RUCKS: Kreuzer, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

FOR: Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Martin, Hall, D.Smith, Dickson, Kerridge, Pfeiffer

feedback would be welcomed and im tipping some negativity is coming my way </blockquote>

You can count Kreuzer's 100+ scores in the last few years on one hand. When he turns around and scores 70 next week what are you going to do?</blockquote>

More than that when Adcock does his obligatory 3 week injury of which he plays hurt for 3 and does stuff all, you're going to be up the creek.

That said I don't mind Kreuzer as a ruck (though we haven't seen the "Warnock impact" yet). Just think you should be trying to make Giles into Kreuzer as quickly as you can rather than dumping Mumford after a fairly good 90+ score all things considered (i.e. he looked like he couldn't give a stuff)

6. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Two trades already, trading before this weeks teams are announced and still having over &#36;200k in the bank!

Knee...jerk...reaction?

7. 82asch

82asch New Member

@ TooManyRabbits - great table based on that I'm keeping Broughton (was going to anyway but that backs it up for me).

@ wheelza - FWIW jumped the gun IMO. You would have picked Mummy for a reason.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Agreed with 82asch. Yep definitely think I'll hold on to Broughton also.

Only really have potentially 2 corrective trades. Watching Lake in the next round and also Ledger (if he plays). I have Dickson/Paine in the forward line, if either is not named this week and Milera is named on the field for the saints, is it a good idea to just swap one of them over?

My thinking behind this is that I want two trades next week in case: Clay Smith goes well again (highly likely from what I saw), I'll swap Ledger for him. And if Lake goes poorly, I'll get rid of him too. Thoughts?

9. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

I think some people are scared of trading. Over the first 3 rounds we'll all probably make 2 trades. it doesnt matter when these occur, as long as a) they are done before players prices change, and b) if you are SURE about it.
    weve got 24 trades over a season and Impromptu (last yrs winner) made some pretty strange and doubtful trades and still found a way thru.
    we've all watched the NAB which showed us nada this yr, so its reasonable for some people to recognise a mistake that can be rectified pronto...

10. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

@gary, exactly. If you think for example Adcock will outscore Greggy B than do the trade and if he does, then your up on points on those who waited to see what he does round 2. The old Risk v Reward :)

11. silacious

silacious New Member

If you picked Broughton to be your premo defender all year, one game shouldn't turn you off. I don't see people jumping off heater or scotland they had low games for their standards

12. jb

jb New Member

Gotta wonder what made those choose TransMan to start with. Scores of DNP, 122, 69 are hardly convincing.
    His history is chequered at best bar some year eons ago (2007) when he was consistently good.

He then pulls an impressive 140 but can that be a realistic expectation this season.
    Looking at his stats for that game vs his past 3 season average - hardly.
    This arguably his best ever game.

29 Disposals - Ave over the past 3 seasons 20, 15, 20
    18 Kicks - Ave 12, 8, 10
    11 HB - Ave 7, 7, 9
    7 Cont Poss - Ave 6, 4, 5
    83&#37; Eff - Ave 80, 75, 80
    9 Ins 50s - 2, 1, 2
    1 Goal - 0.2, 0.2, 0.2
    1 Goal Ass - 0, 0, 1

Brown dawg to return soon too.

Cracking 1st game & maybe worth the high risk.

13. DoggyODFL

DoggyODFL New Member

I think the consensous is to stick with Broughton, for now was planning on that.

Being unlucky (stupid) enough to have Enright as well who was even worse is he another worth sticking with

14. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

@silacious, The problems is people got him in because they thought he would be playing in the mids under Ross. However it looks like Ross will use him and a KPD if he needs to like last year. If you are willing to ride the coaster by all means keep him.

15. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Broughton will crack out some big games and those who trade him away will be spewing even more :)

16. silacious

silacious New Member

the minute you dump a premo, they churn out a big score. But if you';ve made up your mind

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

This happens every time silacious. I'd love to return my last minute swap of Goddard->Birchall but I can't, its too late, and trading back with a trade that is no longer unlimited is not worth it.

18. 82asch

82asch New Member

Pull the trigger! :p

19. silacious

silacious New Member

@ H_Dons i got talked out of pendles against my own heart, should've known he does well in big games. I had Birchall in for goddard, but swapped in around on friday, i couldn't take the risk

20. jb

jb New Member

Dons not much in those two is there??