Broughton

Discussion in 'AFL' started by petefisker, Aug 26, 2011.

1. FlyUp

FlyUp Member

<blockquote>Quote from 82asch on April 4, 2012, 14:57
    Pull the trigger! :p </blockquote>

Go on, pull it! :mrgreen:

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Meh, I don't have Buddy or Goddard and still managed a score over 2200. Hoping they both bomb this weekend.

3. chewy

chewy New Member

not concerned by broughton at all i am concerned by lake though!

4. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Does Pendles have himself, Lucas? And how did he go this round?

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I reckon I'll possibly pull at least one trigger after the teams are announced on Thursday. Just a rookie sideways haha we'll see how it pans out.

Pendles doesn't have himself in his own team BTW. Too expensive...I'll get Pendles myself when he's cheaper.

6. obleex

obleex New Member

Thank god I read this! I was so tempted to sideways trade him to another premium. Sanity has prevailed however and he will stay for this week at least.

Lake is a worry but it was his first competitive game for nearly a year. I'll wait and see how he goes this week.

7. wheelza

wheelza New Member

thank you too serious members i opted to keep broughton (hope hes right wasnt happy with his first performance) ended up swapping mumford for kruezer and kerridge for GWS kennedy watched the sanfl sturt v port game and was not impressed with kerridge i think he is a fair way off playing in a very competitive crows out fit your thoughts? my team is on this thread

8. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Broughton, the gift that keeps on giving. Pretty sure he was cleared to play last night.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/eagle-ashton-hams-and-crow-shaun-mckernan-cop-afl-bans-docker-greg-broughton-free-to-play/story-e6frf3e3-1226349170829

9. Dekka

Dekka Member

Good summation KT. I hold Broughton and that's all I need, some more carnage.

10. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

If he cops a week now, it will drop the Broughton to Dempsey trade down a rung or two in the worst trades list

11. Muppets

Muppets Member

I thought I'd finally dodged any injuries/suspensions after the weekend and could choose from the biggest team list all year (at least until ommisions at team selection and late withdrawls happen). Then Broughton has to challenge when he would've only got a reprimand for an early guilty plea. What the hell?

12. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Ahh Muppets...

Here I was thinking it was Xmas with only the Goodes debacle to deal with this week. I'm thinking how good is this, only one tradegy to deal with instead of the usual 2-4 depending on the SC Gods disposition.

But nah! Bloody hell, who gets a reprimand theses days & decides to take it to the judge!!

I see it clearly now - he'll get off & then decide he's in need of the "general soreness" rest!
    Suppose Sandi will have another week off as well. Hmmm re-reading this it appears I'm getting a little bitter about SC life..........

13. jb

jb New Member

So he should challenge. Have you seen the incident? Its absolutely ridiculous that this is even a case.
    He was first to the ball, collects it whilst sliding, protects his head from the on coming Swallow by turning his body & collects Swallows foot? Where's the protection for guy who gets the ball first?
    When you watch the replay its amazing that Kyle Horsley got away with no MRP sanction for head high contact with his knees on Broughton in the same incident! Which did correctly get given a free during the game.

Far less intentional than the Lindsay Thomas one which was thrown out.

If he accepted the charge, yes gets to play this week, but gets 93.7 points towards any future incidents which would mean pretty much instant suspension.

14. Muppets

Muppets Member

@jb

I haven't seen it so hopefully your description is correct in the eyes of the tribunal. I'm just dirty that it's another worry.

@HeavyMen

I have noticed your dejected rants this year. But when things just aren't going your way you just need to get it out to feel better. I don't mind reading the bitterness.

15. jb

jb New Member

www.afl.com.au/match&#37;20review&#37;20panel/tabid/17560/default.aspx

got to 2.44

16. OziBatla

OziBatla New Member

completely agree jb. disgrace that he was even reported. it needs to be challenged on principle

17. Corks

Corks Member

Taking an age to get a decision. I think the Tribunal is trying to figure out if they can suspend the MRP for such a frivolous report...

18. Corks

Corks Member

Broughton NOT Guilty :D

19. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Broughton NOT guilty

20. jb

jb New Member

Yup redonkulous charge.

TRIBUNAL: for Broughton to be guilty have to find (a) rough conduct that was (b) unreasonable in the circumstances.