GWS Players; Do we trust Round 1 form?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Apr 6, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

In Round 1, we saw that Adam Kennedy scored his lazy 104 and Tommy Bugg scored 89 however Shiel scored 34 and Devon Smith scored 55. Are these scores going to be accurate for the next few rounds? Shiel is still recovering from his pre-season operation so does that mean we leave him on the bench this week against the Roos? Also, can Bugg and Kennedy replicate their first games? At this stage, the best GWS bets are the back pockets and half-back flankers seeing as the ball will be gown there for a fair bit. Who are you guys going to have in the team and who are you going to have on the bench?

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

My bench will have Miles, Shiel and Smith sitting on it.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@tigers

rookei scores will likely be up and down and depend on the opposition they are playing quite a bit

soem people mentioend that GWS got a lot of points as a team depsite beign walloped so I woudl expect a correction if they average 60 plus point beatings this year!

cheers
    TTH

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

TTH
    Don't think there will be any corrections during the year. If GWS score heavily as a team, then they may look at the algorithms at the end of the year.

People thought GC also got more of the pie than they deserved last year.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Good thread, I am a little uneasy relying on one-gamers, just like I was in playing them last week. I didn't expect GWS to see as much of the ball as they did, so it could be a different story this week. The fact that McDonald is out makes decisions easier, so Kennedy is in. And going on how last week panned out, I'd put Bugg over Morris or Ellis. As a general rule of thumb, I'm not putting multiple players from the same team in the same position.

6. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Smith or Hall on the field?

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Smith. Mind you from where I'm at, the Supercoach site is smashed to bits so if you can wait until the game is on tonight, or even tomorrow, do it then.

8. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Thanks TopHeavy,

I'd have to agree with you as much as it pains me as a Richmond supporter, that Bugg is a better option than Ellis and Morris at least for this week. In my opinion Morris isn't much of a Supercoach player but that's just me. Tom Bugg will be starting the year off well but he will be the perfect cash cow as his early season form won't continue. I reckon that Bugg will finish off with an average around 65-70 points per game.