Ross Lyon, youre killing me

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AdelaideEagle, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Corks

Corks Member

hahaha... maybe Courtney Dempsey Fitzy - that sound better? The way I'm going this week Dempster would still be an upgrade. Backline including Shaw, Scotland, Broughton and no Goddard is freaking me out. Don't know what I was thinking last week.

2. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Need to get Goddard in Corks hes flying

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have the cash to go Broughton->Goddard. What do people think of this idea?

My other pre-price rise trade will be Dickson->Milera I think.

4. DC

DC Member

I can see people going Broughton to Dempsey and then watching Dempsey pull a hammy

5. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Cant lose on goddard atm dons im strongly thinking coniglio > greene then Shaw > Goddard ... Havent watched Goddard is he playing on the ball full time this year ?? hes racking them up

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm not sure...I haven't seen any games but I've heard some parts on radio and he appears to be floating through wing/half back...not too dissimilar to last year where he was still the highest averaging defender.

Should of realised even if the saints fall badly this year...God will still rack them up.

I might hold off for now...but it is so tempting to just get rid of Broughton right now!

7. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Goddard played everywhere today, but it really doesn't matter when he has no opponent. The better teams will surely have to tag him. Definitely was worth starting with the Saints having an easy early draw.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Yeah I know...definitely can't take today's game into account.

I know he scored well last week too and while it is tempting to trade Broughton...I'll just leave it I think. Would much rather swap a rookie or two over.

But then again, i see my own odds for trading him as a 50/50 up until the last minute before lockout!

9. wheelza

wheelza New Member

i was going to make 2 trades last week as i was not happy with what lyon has intended to do with broughton and the non interest of the big mummy i asked this forum the majority said keep broughton so i did on the other hand i copped a lot of critism for even trading at this early stage how dare me oh well i made the following trades mummy for kruezer and kerridge for A.Kennedy i watched kerridge in the sanfl and has a hell of a lot of work to do to crack into a more than competitive crows outfit. I was going to trade broughton for adcock anyway i will be making 2 more trades this week and they are as follows broughton for Dempsey and parker for marc murphy then my team will look as follows with around $120,000 still in the bank i would appreciate your thoughts however harsh they are cheers wheels.

DEFS: Goddard, Dempsey, Deledio, Scotland, Bower, Clarke, Mohr, Bugg, Ellis.

MIDS: Ablett, Thompson, Boyd, Swan, Murphy, Magner, McDonald, Wingard.

RUCKS: Kreuzer, Giles, Redden, Stephenson.

FORS: Franklin, Goodes, Pavlich, Martin, A.Kennedy, Hall, D.Smith, Dickson, Pfeiffer.

10. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

@H-dons

Just looking at the ticker, the Saints have a good run for defenders. Can't see Goddard's price dropping too dramatically, while Broughton's could plummet. Just something to think about. Assuming you plan on getting Goddard at some stage.

@wheelza

Four trades in the first two weeks is too many in my opinion. Sure your team may look better, but its at a cost. I think you should back in the guys you picked considering you've already burnt two trades. Surely you've picked Broughton and Parker for a reason. I just think four corrective trades is too many.

11. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@wheelza, 4 trades may be to many, but if you think that will give your team an advantage then its worth it!

12. Stampede

Stampede Member

@hawks2008 - Pav is killing me too. I think it'd be way too early to think about giving him the chop though. R1 was against a very strong Geelong outfit, R2 all the Dockers scored poorly including golden boy Fyfe, Duffield, and (in case this has escaped anyone's attention) Broughton. The exception being Sandi who was up against Seaby.

It seems to me that Lyon's gameplan is so process-driven and non-negotiable that it's subject to the occasional complete backfire, a la some of the Saints games where there was no score for about three quarters, and hopefully this game was an anomoly coz clearly Pav will benefit from a better team performance.

But you're right, without that match-winning goal things would look very dodgy indeed. However IMO you can't chop a proven premium after two games - plus he's coming up against Brisbane. You would think the reasons we chose him initially (team on the rise, best time trial ever, etc etc) still apply. However I do remember Lucas saying he expects him to score like NRoo last year which is a worry.

As a general theory, perhaps the byes this year can be an out for anyone considering whether to keep a slightly struggling premium - ie, err on the side of caution and keep him because the byes would be a good chance to sideways him out if he doesn't improve? Or do the byes make no difference and the decision is the same this year as any other?

13. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on April 8, 2012, 19:36
    Broughton to Dempster and use the cash later. Broughton's a spud, he's GAWNE</blockquote>

With you there Corks, can't rationalise hanging on to dead wood & Dempsey looks the best value option atm.

14. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Yeah, i've been fighting with ideas too and one was "What was I thinking". Shaw ------> Goddard 110&#37; But the other lines are harder. Can go Hargrave -----> Dempsey or either get out Ledger or Cripps because they don't look like they are getting a fair run on the field so it might be smart to back away from the St.Kill da rookies.

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@Cj22
    Very Interesting point, I know the saints have a favourable draw early, plus the reliance on their defence to launch their scoring attempts.

Seriously considering Broughton->Goaddard/birchall

I'll wait until todays game as I would prefer to keep my extra money and take Birchall over Goddard.

16. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'd wait a week on Birchall,
    is ordinary v Adelaide, his average v the Crows is lower than his average v every other team,
    & coming off the short rest from this match v Geelong, conceding a day and a half extra recovery time to Adelaide, is likely to be cheaper in following rounds.

17. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Birchall is over rated imo. Look at his game so far today, would rather Broughton who you know can go large.

18. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Who else other than Birchall & Dempsey? Have Deledio, Scotland & Shaw. Dempsey is not a keeper IMO, and Birchall I'm not convinced will be top 7 for the year either.

Definitely worried about a permanent role change for Broughton under Lyon.

Sandi looking pretty good though...

19. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Goddard might still drop reasonably after the Round 6-8 games: Hawks/Blues/Eagles
    540k if he scores to his normal average against opponents, which he's done so far this year according to the calculator.

That said he's still not going to be cheap unless he throws in real spud performance.

20. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

Its always fraught with danger, getting rid of a faltering premium this early, but Broughton looks such a risk to keep as well. His role compared to his selected position in the team can't be trusted. For me Broughton > Lake looks good. Needed some evidence that Lake still has it in him & saw a bit on the weekend. That, pocketing the price difference, the likely respective price drop/rise & the belief that both at their best will bring roughly the same points is a strong argument for me