BLake to CDempsey - For and Against

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Hargrave jarred his knee in R2.

2. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

Dempsey looks good, Essendon are a decent team, so there players should score. He has a defined role in the team that allows him to score highly. Good ball user. And his price is at a discount, so his price should icnrease even if his average does drop down to 80. but looks like it could be 90 for the year. Having said that if you dont have a problem with any players in your backline you probably shouldnt waste a trade.

Broughton so far looks like the only player id trade out for Dempsey in, there have been no injuries and no one else under performing that much to warrant a trade.. Depends on Hargraves injury though?

Also who would have traded out Lake last week? crazy!?

3. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Thanks Jason, all the info I need to trade him out. Cheers

4. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on April 9, 2012, 16:18
    Thanks Jason, all the info I need to trade him out. Cheers</blockquote>

I think Jason was trying to say that's why Hargrave only scored 70's. Should be fine to play next week.

5. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

And I said "All the info I need to trade him out". I'm getting paid when Dempsey price rise comes in and its going to be so so sweet!

6. Stampede

Stampede Member

@Gonaddz - yes but have you taken off the price rise you'll get out of Hargrave? The difference between the two is what you spent a trade for, and I'd suggest it's not going to be &#36;200k which is what you'd want out of a trade.

If I had Hargrave I'd be thinking he's doing more or less exactly what I'd hoped out of him - given you early bang for your buck, potential to do better, rock solid JS. What were your expectations when you picked him? Yes as it turns out Dempsey looks like he would've been a better pick, but IMO the question is whether he's that much of a better pick to be worth a trade.

This is all assuming Hargrave is declared fit of course.

7. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Stoked. I've had Lake and Dempsey from the start, not to mention Kreuzer and Porpleaseya.

Unfortunately I missed the Mumford situation, I live in the USA so almost impossible to stay up that late!

I'm league only, so no wuckers.