Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Fez

Fez Moderator

One trade I'll def be doing is one of Kerridge/ Pfiffer for Milera

Everyone is worried bout Broughton I dont have him but I have the same problem Johncock, I thinking maybe trade to Dempsey and pocket 200k ?? Thoughts

2. J_C

J_C Guest

@The_Swert - That's true, and FWIW I'm considering the same two trades. I'd l;ike to get Greene but may have to sacrifice him to fix other areas. And while that's disappointing, there is a back up available in McDonald (as Stampede pointed out) provided you don't already have him. The plus side there is that you get a couple of extra weeks to assess Ledger's socring potential.

The other thing I'd say is that you don't necessarily want all your cows to moo at the same time. You only get 2 trades per week, so if they all moo in the same round it's impossible to gain maximum benefit from them all. So staggered mooing is a good thing, IMHO at least.

3. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

has anyone considered bock?? smashed it in the pre-season and is now off suspension and will be there only forward, yet is a defender?

4. scanners

scanners New Member

My ruck set up is 2-0-2. Currently have Big O on the bench with Giles. I am thinking Trade Big O for Redden? IS it worth wasting a trade just to get Reddan's cash after his 3rd game? Also does anyone think Lobbe come straight in for Reddan when hes back?

5. Corks

Corks Member

What happened to Big O this week? I was sure he was selected, then didn't turn up on the day and I haven't seen why.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@corks pretty sure geelong just wanted a small runner for the wet weather, big o wouldnt have been to effective in that weather

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I have 3 trades I want to do, and of course can't do them all!

J Roo is in the gun but I'm giving him one more game v Melbourne. If he tops 100 or so he won't drop more than about 8K in value and I can then think about a correction there to someone else in the coming week - not ideal but it could be one way to go. He was going to be a unique pick, but I just don't think he is getting the ball enough in his role at Tigerland currently.

Guthrie is also in the gun, but I want to hold him for now (much and all Dempsey and Lake are tempting swaps) ... I like the way he goes about his wrok, and Geelong have a couple of easier games upcoming where he might crank out some good points.

So my two swaps this week - Broughton's gone - Rance is coming in. As a Tigers' fan I almost picked Rance pre-season as a massive POD, and now I'll trade him in and pocket 45 or so thousand. His improvement last year was huge, and he seems tobe taking another step forward this year. He and Cotchin would be leading our B&F after 2 rounds.

I'm shafting Coniglio as well - I picked him because of his hefty price tag because I didn't do my rookie homework over the break (wasn't going to do SC this year). Picking him guaranteed that I'd either have a $190K player scoring points and gaining value, or the ability to downgrade pre-Rd 3 to a rookie bolter and pocket the difference.

I'm going Coniglio-Milera using the new trade rules. Kennedy will come into my mids to replace Coniglio, and Milera will go into the forwards. Have JMac on the bench waiting to return, which will help the mids.

Let's see how they go.

8. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Ok gang my gut says drop Broughton!!! There is always a lose of a good player to get the job done in a Ross Lyon coaching plan and it seems like he's the go to man for shut down run with rolls. So if I use a trade on him and expect him now not to be in the top 10 defenders come seasons end do I
    A) go for the cash. ( downgrade to Dempsey, Lake, Geary, or a rookie that I missed like Mohr)
    B) upgrade? ( to a Carrazzo, Goddard (of course he's the man I haven't got). Or another player I expect to finish top 10)
    C) down and upgrade another line. (not liking Dickson in Fwds and have Smedts so a few switch-a-Roo's could happen)
    D) nothing ( save trades and hope that Broughon and say Martin come good)

Still planning on only 8 upgrades for finished side so a few injury/sideways/fix up trades up my sleeve.
    Went from 700 to 7000 in one week. At this rate I will end up in bottom 5% in 3 weeks. Lol.

9. ORFFL_Admin

ORFFL_Admin New Member

@Chris
    Not sure every team will let Richmond chip around the back line and give Rance those cheap possessions.
    Then again, I think it certainly ensured the Pies didn't have to work that hard for victory.

10. Quantum

Quantum New Member

@chriss I'm thinking similar to you, trading out coniglio, moving d.smith into the mids and bringing in milera

11. chris88

<blockquote>Quote from ORFFL_Admin on April 10, 2012, 10:07
    @Chris
    Not sure every team will let Richmond chip around the back line and give Rance those cheap possessions.
    Then again, I think it certainly ensured the Pies didn't have to work that hard for victory.</blockquote>

That is true about the chipping (I'll respectfully disagree with your opinion on how easy it was for Collingwood to win, I thought they had to work suprisingly hard to establish the lead, the 6 minutes in the third term blew things out, but unlike what they've done to numerous other sides in the past 2-3 years, Collingwood didn't run away for a 10-12 goal win ... Richmond fought hard and well)

But on Rance - he also scored very well in Round 1 without the Richmond chip game. This is because he reads the play well and cuts off opposition kicks (an SC points scoring goldmine).

Also - he wins his own contested ball through marks or on the ground. Again, good points scoring opportunities.

The commentators on Ch7 on Saturday night made me sick when they started laying into Rance's disposal. I'd say he is one of our most improved by hand or foot over the past 12 months. Thought the commentators were needlessly harsh on him given that, in the end, he beat Cloke - and dare I say it, frustrated him to the point of real distraction.

The point is, outside of Goddard and Lids right now, the defenders are hugely up in the air. Rance is currently behind only Goddard and Lids and at least deserves consideration as a big POD (in less than 0.75&#37; of sides)

12. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Beat Cloke? Cloke scored 122! Had 16 kicks and contributed 3.2.

Dreamin'.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sZLKtjATZt0[/embed]

13. BigLance

BigLance New Member

@ Chris
    I say go for it, could be a massive POD and at least you'll be happy having someone you like in your team that was your very own decision to live with. Same reason i've slipped Whitecross in this week.

14. chris88

<blockquote>Quote from Xenomorph on April 10, 2012, 10:21
    Beat Cloke? Cloke scored 122! Had 16 kicks and contributed 3.2.

Dreamin'.

</blockquote>

Xenomorph - comparing Supercoach scores is hardly a legitimate way to decide if someone beat his opponent or not. But if that's your measure, fine ... though Rance scoring 127 probably puts paid to that argument

Cloke kicked 3.2 and had 16 touches. A fair night's work. But for mine he had a negligible overall influence on the game as Collingwood's number one marking forward, and in fact gave away two or 3 silly frees to Rance in frustration at Rance's efforts.

Oh, and Rance did manage 34 touches and 17 marks, while minding Cloke and providing plenty of run out of defence. Compares pretty well to 16 touches and 8 marks from his direct opponent.

I think saying Rance beat Cloke on the night is more than reasonable.

15. gunnerz

gunnerz New Member

Are trades still reversible this week?

16. chris88

BigLance - Whitecross goes all right. Really impressed with him as a goalkicking midfielder. Was quite good yesterday in a tough slog of a game.

Gunnerz - yes, reversible.

17. Corks

Corks Member

@gunnerz - yep, reversible till lockout all season.

18. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

To all who are mentioning the Milera trade (Myself included), I think you should hold onto Dickson.

As a mature age recruit he is going to get plenty of opportunity, and after he scored 38 in barely more than a quarter of footy against an in form team, suggests he won't be the sub again.

If you have any of Hall, Pfeiffer, Paine, or Kerridge - get rid of one of those for Milera :)

19. DC

DC Member

Dickson-Milera
    Broughton-Deledio

At this stage.......

20. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

Golby-Hombsch- Will get me cash and sticks to my Gun and Rookie stragety
    Cripps-Milera