Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Fez

Fez Moderator

Rance had so many marks and possies, due to the chipping in the backline , but when it came to a 1-1 battle Cloke had the better of him. I'll say we didn't have it all that easy but after we blew tigers away at the start of the 3rd qtr we did relax and take the foot off the pedal, real test will b this week against Carlton

2. bama

bama Active Member

The real test is the tigers v melbourne this week, if we lose this one all hell will break loose!

Trades for me this week look like

Broughton - Dempsey
    Paine - Milera

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Tend to agree Fez.
    One on one, Cloke had the clear edge, but Rance got a lot of possessions as the Pies dropped the zone back, and the Tigers played kick-to-kick.

The Pies put up about 10 mins of gilt-edged play in the match, and were very strong in the first quarter, where inaccuracy took hold - and then the disease was given to the opposition. Like the previous game, it should have been over at quarter time. But these things happen.

It's like a game of snooker/pool where one player misses, and then it is caught by the other. Just happens sometimes.

I do think though that the slow ball movement of Richmond going forward stopped them hurting the Pies on the scoreboard more, and I don't think the Pies were too upset about guarding space - a lot less energy intensive than say the Hawks-Cats style slugfest.

Richmond got what the media calls a gutsy loss recorded, Pies got a win without much stress.

70-22 became 85-64 as I personally think the Pies put the cue in the rack and prepared for the 2 less day break v Carlton. Some credit to Richmond for sure, in the past they would have been spread open, but let's not confuse this Pies team of 2012 with the full strength 2011 version.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Can anyone advise on whom would have the best JS out of Smedts and Morris over the next 5 or 6 weeks?

I am looking to make 2 moves to maximise cash generation

Down back I have Mohr, Ellis, Bugg & Paine that I am content with and Boumann that I am not happy with
    In the middle I have Magner, C Smith & Ledger that I am looking to keep and Coniglio I am unsure about given his premium cost vs output
    Up front I have Stanley Kennedy & Smith that are keepers and Wilson that is struggling.

I haven't seen any discussion on Boumann (in 9.1% of teams) or Wilson (in 2.6%) on these pages, or much anywhere else. Given their score I can only presume they are in the SC spud category... Coniglio may well end up great, but his job at the moment is to moo.

So Wilson to Milera is an easy one, although I am not 100% sure about having 2 saint rookies in these two look to have pretty good JS for now.

For the second one.
    Boumann to Smedts or Morris?
    or
    Coniglio to MacDonald or Greene and pocket the change for later?

I am leaning Coniglio into Greene, this would allow me to turn C Smith or Ledger into MacDonald if either do nothing next week. At that point I would have all the rookie goodness I am likely to get until upgrades.

Thoughts welcome..

5. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Struggling with Boumann and Yagmoor. Is it worth the trades to swap to Smedts and or Hombsch or Townsend before their bubble or wait and not trade. Dont have the coin to go to M Clarke.

6. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

@swalloitdown... Yagmoor has to go, he wont be getting games any time soon with more Pies coming back from injury... It looks like Boumann will keep getting games for a while so depending on how strong your team is and defence maybe you dont have to trade him, also its probably not worth a trade into those 2 GWS rookies.

@scottishboy.. Gold Coast have no injuries from the HUN Barometer, so Hall must have pretty good JS.. Not sure about Dickson's JS, i think Wallis was emerg last week which i thought was unusual, he should be in the team. Id trade out Dickson for Milera.

@Lenh191.. I think both Morris and Smedts have good JS.. Especially Morris a mature pick, i think even Ellis would get a rest before him. Smedts will get games for development also a coach favourite. Id go Morris.

7. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Love for Toby Greene? He should go up a fair bit this week and moo for a few weeks to come.

8. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I've done well with all my premiums, but was busy at work on the last day, so no last minute changes, and ended up with some questionable rookies, as you do when you don't make changes on the last day. Which one would you say is the priority to get rid of?

Townsend, Darley, Wilkes, Kerridge

I have Dickson and Ledger, though they may be some decent slow burners, and heard some advice given here to hold onto them.

9. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Well my team is pants. Went pure GR strategy and whilst I am willing to hang onto most premiums, either Broughton or Mummy have to go. Mummy injured so wll give him BOD and keep him, with Redden and Giles making cash, I can try to upgrade one around week 6-8 into Sandi.

Broughton has to go, he seems to be playing the tagging role and Lyon doesn't like change. Stanton has to come in, as there is a huge price jump coming. So to that end the plan is Broughton out, replaced by Geary, and Caddy out, upgraded to Stanton. Thats about +$340k saved/earnt over the next 3 weeks, and 150pts per week.

If Mummy/Shaw & martin come good I can hope to get north of the magic 2400 mark.

10. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Just want to know people's opinions....Broughton to Dempsey(I know everyone has said this)>Through breakevens, Dempseys price should skyrocket. If he keeps going this way, he shoud reach $460 000 within 5 weeks. Is he worth trading for now and then in a month trading out for a premium whose price has fallen (like Enright)? Otherwise, what do people think about the following:

Broughton > Adcock
    Mumford > Sandilands
    Tory Dickson > Milera(really unsure about this one....Milera's spot may go when Schnieder come back)

11. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

Dempsey will go up about 68 next week, then the Bombers play Carlton and Collingwood, which will likely reduce his price rise from around 130k to more lioke $100-$110k. Tasty I agree, but I think Geary has more upside value, and costs less to start with.

I too have Mummy, but a sideways trade after he has played 1 and missed 1 one is too knee jerk. IF he isn't named to play this week then trade him out thursday night by all means, as he becomes too risky to keep at $610k if he is carrying a back problem.

12. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigersfor2012 on April 10, 2012, 15:40
    Just want to know people's opinions....Broughton to Dempsey(I know everyone has said this)>Through breakevens, Dempseys price should skyrocket. If he keeps going this way, he shoud reach &#36;460 000 within 5 weeks. Is he worth trading for now and then in a month trading out for a premium whose price has fallen (like Enright)? Otherwise, what do people think about the following:

Broughton > Adcock
    Mumford > Sandilands
    Tory Dickson > Milera(really unsure about this one....Milera's spot may go when Schnieder come back)</blockquote>

Broughton to adcock and Mumford to sandi??

Please explain why? Waste of trades for mine...

13. the_butcher

the_butcher New Member

Yep, holding the mummy. How long till Sandilands misses a game, or three?

Too many rookies not firing for me. Bolded yet to play

Fwd. Hall, Dickson, T.Couch
    Mid. Miles and Ledger. McDonald susp.
    Def. Darley, D.Smith(not too bad)

Players to bring in.
    Greene, Kennedy, Milera, Bower(?)

As bad as Hall and Ledger are going I'm thinking unless they're named I have to dump the no-gamers Miles and Couch and bring in Greene and Kennedy. Thoughts? O should I take the punt, dump the duds Hall/Dickson and Ledger and hope that when my other rookies get a game they outperform them?? I haven't done well with rookies have I :rolleyes:

14. TigersTooTough

<blockquote>Quote from DC on April 10, 2012, 17:55
    <blockquote>Quote from Tigersfor2012 on April 10, 2012, 15:40
    Just want to know people's opinions....Broughton to Dempsey(I know everyone has said this)>Through breakevens, Dempseys price should skyrocket. If he keeps going this way, he shoud reach &#36;460 000 within 5 weeks. Is he worth trading for now and then in a month trading out for a premium whose price has fallen (like Enright)? Otherwise, what do people think about the following:

Broughton > Adcock
    Mumford > Sandilands
    Tory Dickson > Milera(really unsure about this one....Milera's spot may go when Schnieder come back)</blockquote>

Broughton to adcock and Mumford to sandi??

Please explain why? Waste of trades for mine...</blockquote>

Yeah..In retrospect they might be wasteful.

I was thinking Mummy to Sandi if he was injured for awhile. Last year, had Mummy where he was a late withdrawal one week and ended up not playing for 7 weeks....Lucky I got Goldy before his breakout.

Broughton to Adcock is a sideways however Adcock is more attacking and more likely to score more points. That's my thinking.

As to the Jarryn Geary downgrade, I am not 100&#37; about his job security...Dempsey will play every game barring injury.

One last thing, Broughton might be worth hanging on to.....Duffield looks to be injured meaning he wont provide any run from backline. Broughton could play more attacking and score well against Brisbane. Food for thought

15. TigersTooTough

Jacob Surjan....he is cheap and could go score well. His job security is not there though unlike 2 years ago when he was the v-c. It's either him, Geary, Dempsey or Lake for Broughton..

16. obleex

obleex New Member

Dempsey has a pretty tough run of games coming up. Will be interesting to see how he goes. I'm definitely looking at him, but at the moment I'm more inclined to keep hold of Broughton.

For now the only trade I think I'll be making is Hall > Milera (like a lot of people). Are people generally on board with this swap?

17. Len

<blockquote>Quote from the_butcher on April 10, 2012, 20:02
    Yep, holding the mummy. How long till Sandilands misses a game, or three?

Too many rookies not firing for me. Bolded yet to play

Fwd. Hall, Dickson, T.Couch
    Mid. Miles and Ledger. McDonald susp.
    Def. Darley, D.Smith(not too bad)

Players to bring in.
    Greene, Kennedy, Milera, Bower(?)

As bad as Hall and Ledger are going I'm thinking unless they're named I have to dump the no-gamers Miles and Couch and bring in Greene and Kennedy. Thoughts? O should I take the punt, dump the duds Hall/Dickson and Ledger and hope that when my other rookies get a game they outperform them?? I haven't done well with rookies have I :rolleyes:</blockquote>

I read somewhere today that Couch was best on field in VFL last week and very likely to get a game this or next week...

18. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Does anyone know if Mummy will play this week?

19. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BigLance on April 10, 2012, 10:26
    @ Chris
    I say go for it, could be a massive POD and at least you'll be happy having someone you like in your team that was your very own decision to live with. Same reason i've slipped Whitecross in this week.</blockquote>
    BL, any reason why WhiteX is performing better this year? Is he likely to slip again when Hodge comes back?

20. Len

Same Whitecross expected to miss this week through suspension?