James Magner; Will he turn out to be a keeper???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

No one can question his ability, he will probably be the best pick of the year for all supercoachers that have him but there is one burning question; Can he be like Michael Barlow and be a keeper in his first year. Do we look at trading him at the Demons bye and get someone real good or can he develop his game to score as well as some of the upper class players? Only problem I have got, much like Matthew Boyd, is that his efficiency levels might not be great meaning lower sc scores. I think he will have not bad efficiency but we can see....What do you guys think about the Magnet???

2. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

He may average 90 or even 100 for the year but even that won't make him a keeper in the midfield. If he had DPP then perhaps he could stay in the backline or forward line like Heppell last year but midfielders at the end of the year really need to average over 110.

For mine, he's not only a good cash cow but he adds meaningful points to the midfield until we bring in more premiums.

3. chewy

chewy New Member

Spot on!

4. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on April 10, 2012, 16:30
    He may average 90 or even 100 for the year but even that won't make him a keeper in the midfield. If he had DPP then perhaps he could stay in the backline or forward line like Heppell last year but midfielders at the end of the year really need to average over 110.

For mine, he's not only a good cash cow but he adds meaningful points to the midfield until we bring in more premiums.</blockquote>

Correct. Keeper mids will need to be knocking out 110+ average and regular 120+ this year to be competitive come finals.

5. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Agree. Well put Swert

6. DC

DC Member

Well said!

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

The way Magner is going he's obviously the last upgrade barring injury

8. graeme

graeme Guest

allow me to play the role of the devil's advocate.

To date there are two data points - it is madness to make an inference on limited data. If you do not follow this point, ask those who traded Brian Lake after round one.

He may well turn out to be one of 2012's best cash cows, but why moralise now? Let's see what happens.

I suggest we concentrate on making the best possible trades right now and position ourselves for round three and beyond.