Where is the CHAD

Discussion in 'AFL' started by FunkSoulBrother, Mar 27, 2012.

1. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I was just looking thruogh the lists and I cant find Chad Cornes in the player list on SC

Anyone know why?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

If you're looking through trade options on the SC site, there are currently no GWS players available due to the partial lockout. Not just Chad, none of the GWS boys are available in the drop down player lists at the moment.

3. Oodles

Oodles New Member

I don't care how much everyone hated him, how bloody good was the Chad back in the day. Had the lot. Showed a few glimpses the other night too with a nice diving smother and also a few contested marks against Goodes. Played well.

4. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Thanks Jason. I was having a blonde moment. Didn't even consider that!!

5. Jay

Jay New Member

I don't know if I'm being blinded by his average over the first two games, but is Chad worth considering this season?

Trying to work out my correctional trades and came across The Chad as an alternative.

Thinking maybe Broughton > Dempsey and Dickson > Cornes, but I'd be giving up the opportunity to pick up Greene in the mids and Milera in FWD, already have the other rookies worth considering. Alternative is Hampton (GWS) or Smedts > Greene and Dickson > Milera.

Not keen on the midpricers in general, price/performance could go anywhere, but they're looking good at the moment. Whereas, the only way is up with the rookies.

After a few years in the SC wilderness, could he possibly return to the heights of 2005-2007? Thoughts?

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

@ Jay

Whitecross is same price as Chad and will go better IMO (younger, fitter, versatile through mids, etc etc).

Interesting trivia on Whitecross ...his great uncle Doug Beasy played 129 games at Carlton (1951-59), winning the 1956 B&F and representing Victoria in 1955 and ‘57. And his great grandfather Maurie Beasy played 75 games at Carlton (1920-28) and represented Victoria six times, including the 1924 carnival.

Chad is also a son of a gun, but his middle name is Studley which is 7000 degrees of wrong.

7. Muppets

Muppets Member

Is it legit "Studley"? Or am I being gullible?

Please be true...

8. Kel

Kel Moderator

9. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

100% true. Chad is son of former SANFL and 21 SA State game champion Graham Studley Cornes, who inflicted his appalling middle name on his oldest child.

10. dadrulz

dadrulz Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on April 12, 2012, 11:59
    @ Jay

Whitecross is same price as Chad and will go better IMO (younger, fitter, versatile through mids, etc etc).

Interesting trivia on Whitecross ...his great uncle Doug Beasy played 129 games at Carlton (1951-59), winning the 1956 B&F and representing Victoria in 1955 and ‘57. And his great grandfather Maurie Beasy played 75 games at Carlton (1920-28) and represented Victoria six times, including the 1924 carnival.

Chad is also a son of a gun, but his middle name is Studley which is 7000 degrees of wrong. </blockquote>

Trust @TheOnion to peel back the layers of family history :D

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

12. drafter

drafter New Member

Studley, that's gold, I think I will trade him in, I was looking for a pod!