Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@22nd_best_on_Field

Judging on stats from previous years, I don't think Broughton will fall below 350k. Then I can just pretend he's a prime beef rookie and use him for my first upgrade into Goddard.

That being said, if Broughton's role change appears permanent after this week, I can always switch to Newman/Enright (Who also have 140+ BE's) and save myself kinda.

Seriously considering Broughton->Geary/Surjan/Waters...I'm just too scared to do something as outrageous as that!

2. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

@ gogonz

Mate I say stick with Dusty. Two quiet games against tough opposition; he'll improve. If you really really must trade, Whitecross is the pick IMO. I still reckon Dusty will rack up more than him though in 2012.

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Looking at past stats, scrap Waters as he isn't worth the extra money.

I have said this before but I had chosen not to select Dusty on the single premise that Richmond have the hardest opening draw I have ever seen, and I knew his ability to pump out massive scores would suffer significantly. You won't see many tons until the second half of the season.

My hope is that the Porpoise's shoulder holds up until I can do a straight swap to Dusty when he hits about 400k...all this done before the BYE's

Looking good so far...

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I find it strange that people are contemplating trading out premiums only after two games. Yes Martin has started slowly and will drop price but unless he has sustained a long term injury, it seems to counter-productive to trade based on two games.

5. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

@gogonz - Im putting Dusty as my captain this week, expect him to embarass not only melbourne but all those who've traded him out. then again he might score 75pts.
    as for Pendles/swan, i hear ya, but to me Swan is still clockin up 30possessions so he's been slightly quiet - a couple extra goals and he'd be much better - but side-trading is almost always a bad idea. Brian Lake showed in 1 week why panic buttons are exactly that...

6. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Do i trade out coniglio for greene thinking greene will go up much quicker and my no mids strategy needs some early upgrades to catch up ???

7. Almond

Almond New Member

Got 3 rookie corrections to make, not sure which way to go. It's time to go;

Yagmoor
    N Wilson
    Folau

Which 2/3 do I jump off to make some $$$

8. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I've pulled the gun on Broughton and thought that my backline is strong with the exception of him. Went to Dempsey to give me cash to spend elsewhere. Where I am looking is my forward line. My target is Tomlinson, Weedon, Zorko or Pfeiffer.

Who should I get in for my forward line? Have 395k (if Tomlinson) 365k (if Pfeiffer) or 352k (if Weedon or Zorko)and in my team I have Buddy, Fyfe, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Cripps, Tomlinson, Pfeiffer, Weedon, Zorko.

9. AdelaideEagle

AdelaideEagle New Member

Some food for thought on Broughton:

I had settled on Coniglio -> Magner, allowing Broughton -> Goddard, which equals peace of mind.

But Ross Lyin', who is clearly aware of the torture he is inflicting on us, has named Broughton on the ball, which is significant given that Mundy and Barlow are both named on the ground (although Mundy will almost certainly get the vest - I hope, 'cos I have Barlow). I know Thursday teams usually bear no relation to actual positions on the day, but he's thrown us a bone and dammit, I'm tempted. Black is out and a roving Broughton could potentially tear Brisbane a new one.

At this stage I'll keep the faith, save a trade, stick with N Wilson -> Magner (using DPP switch), and make Goddard my first upgrade target in a few weeks. Or switch back to the above, five minutes before lockout, when I lose my nerve.

Or maybe I'll seek help for my OCD and stop obsessing over this stupid game ;)

10. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

@AdelaideEagle

Broughton was named on the ball in each of the previous two games as well, so don't think we can take much notice of what your mate Ross Lyin' does on selection night.

11. AdelaideEagle

AdelaideEagle New Member

@Albertonflyers

Stop throwing a spanner into my thorough and insightful analysis. Or I'll tell everyone you listened to Sos Silvagni and put Folau in your forward line 5 minutes before Round 1 lockout. True story. ;)

12. AdelaideEagle

AdelaideEagle New Member

...however, I've now checked and as usual, the Flyers are spot on. So I'm going back to Broughton -> Goddard. Maybe I'll even get Izzy, too.

13. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Thanks Onion & Gary.... Much appreciated.

I really like WhiteX but am not overly keen on getting two premium fwds from Hawthorn before the byes.

If I get Porps or Milera, I get both Pendles this week, and then do another early premium upgrade within the next cple of weeks.

I have no doubt I'll be back on the Dusty train before the end of the year but I'd prefer to be on the Pendles train right now!!

14. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on April 12, 2012, 11:43
    @22nd_best_on_Field

Judging on stats from previous years, I don't think Broughton will fall below 350k. Then I can just pretend he's a prime beef rookie and use him for my first upgrade into Goddard.

That being said, if Broughton's role change appears permanent after this week, I can always switch to Newman/Enright (Who also have 140+ BE's) and save myself kinda.

Seriously considering Broughton->Geary/Surjan/Waters...I'm just too scared to do something as outrageous as that!

</blockquote>
    Fair enough h-dons,
    I just know the first five minutes after lockout would be a lot more comfortable every wk with BG, rather than GB in the starting 22 and if you've the cash to do it now I can't see any logic in not doing it. Even their initials seem to suggest the should be swapped for each other!

If you keep broughton beyond this round then he has to stay for the season i reckon as avoiding the "premium sideways" trade is the only hesitation on that trade IMO.
    That being said I just rate Goddard as a champ and he just 'IS A' SC gun (obviously last season start being the exception), a set and forget player, where as with broughton its more like he has the ability or 'CAN BE' a SC gun but its dependant on what he and his coaches are thinking each rd so he gives you headaches every week. best of luck with it mate ive steered clear of him, which normally means he a good shot at the brownlow anyway!

15. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

What's the opinion on where I should make 1 correction trade for my rookies? I'm looking either forward or back. Here are my rookies in defence and forward.

Defence: Townsend, Wilkes, Ellis and Darley
    Forward: Smith, Smedts, Hall, Dickson and Kerridge

The bolded players are the ones I am considering. What is the best option?

One of my defenders (still not sure which one) to Bugg
    Dickson to Milera

16. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Have gone with:
    Broughton>Dempsey
    Cox>Kreuzer

Can now do Boumann>Goddard next week. Which does mean I have &#36;511k in the bank this week.

Is the ruck trade madness? I also have Rockliff, but hoping Black's absense will give him more time on the ball.

17. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on April 13, 2012, 10:15
    What's the opinion on where I should make 1 correction trade for my rookies? I'm looking either forward or back. Here are my rookies in defence and forward.

Defence: Townsend, Wilkes, Ellis and Darley
    Forward: Smith, Smedts, Hall, Dickson and Kerridge

The bolded players are the ones I am considering. What is the best option?

One of my defenders (still not sure which one) to Bugg
    Dickson to Milera

</blockquote>

Tough spot you're in..... I'd be inclined to keep Dicko. He'll be back. I think the 3 must have rookies are Bugg, Magner & Kennedy. I'd seriously be considering Hall >>> Kennedy, Wilkes >>> Bugg.

18. Dino

Dino New Member

Gutsy trade TH, but understandable as Kreuzer looks like being a keeper at this stage and does gvie you a cash injection for enabling you to get Goddard who is a must have and something I have also rectified this week. I wouldn't too concerned about Rockliff. He will be back to his best this week (hopefully).

I was resisting trading Broughton all week, but have bit the bullet.

Broughton > Goddard
    Cripps > Kennedy

Was hoping to get Kennedy in mids to open up m/f link, but didn't have quite enough to get him and the link will open up sooner rather than later. Smith and Ledger may have to burn a little slower for the time being.

19. Cubbie

Cubbie New Member

I would say this is one of the toughest rounds to trade in. It is a good chance to fix a few selection blunders and jump a player you missed, but two games is a small sample size and the scores are around for 1 and 2 price rises.

Saying that you have to look at your team and consider your trades.

I have Golby in my backline who has dispointed. To be fair Mackie for his price has also been a let down given his low score came in round two - i would not consider trading him however.

So what to do with Golby _ I can see some reasonable trade options Lake, Dempsey, Bower, Clarke and Geary. Are any of these guys worth the trade. Dempsey looks the best as he plays GC this weekend and has shown potential in the past. the other look like scoring similar to Golby but at a reduced price. How will the team selections this week impact their scores. Clarke is going to have a bit more competition for the ball and time on the ground. Golby may get a better run with black out and a few others in. Bower I have no idea, Geary likewise.

Most of my interest is in Bower and Dempsey. Any thoughts on the above name would be great.

If I make one of these trades then I will stronly consider trading in Greene for either Hall or Smeldts - moving Kennedy to the fwds and opening a spot in the mids.

20. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

First post for me, great site and the information on here is second to none. Helped me get to top 2000 last year after a couple of average years in 2009 and 2010.

@hotpiescoldrinks, my opinion:

Darley>Bugg
    Wilkes>Milera (Smedts up to defence)

Dickson had 2 games and not looking bad compared to no games so far for Wilkes and Darley. I got rid of Wilkes and moved Smedts up to DEF so I practice what I preach!