Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Chicko

Chicko New Member

@hotpies - I'd be going Darley to Bugg for sure.

I'm also looking for some advice. I'm debating if I don't trade at all, or limit myself to one trade only.

My rookie mids are Magnet, Shiel, Coniglio and Ledger. I'm thinking of outing Ledger for Greene (I've got about $49k in the bank).

My fwd rookies are Kennedy, D Smith, Cameron and Dickson. I was thinking of trading out Dickson for Milera but might hold tight on Dickson for now.

What do we think, is Ledger to Greene a good idea? Or should I trade out Dickson instead? I can't do both.

2. Moblets

Moblets New Member

TopHeavty - I don't like your ruck trade. You will need to upgrade Kreuzer at some stage so you have just burnt two trades when imo Cox is a keeper.

Cubbie - All the players you have mentioned (Golby, Lake, Bower, Clarke, Dempsey) are all pretty similar. I would personally just stick with Golby. All the others will put in some bad scores too so don't let the $ change make your decisions for you. And as for Greene I think you should look at him in DT only - absolutely butchers the ball and will frustrate is SC.

3. Cubbie

Cubbie New Member

Moblets.

Yes talking DT only. I am tempted to stick with Golby, at least his price will not change much after this weekend.

4. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@Dino and @Tigertime

Thanks. I'm not sure if I want to use 2 trades as my fixups. Not sure if that will be overkill, though it is an option if I think it will be worth it.

I'm leaning towards keeping Dickson, but I think my backline I have more problems than my forward line. Wilkes hasn't been mentioned yet, and they appear to already have some young players playing at the moment, so not sure how many they are going to play.
    Leaning towards Wilkes to Buggs at this stage.

I'm a bit funny about using a second trade in my forward line. But can be convinced. I'm just a bit tight with my trades, at least most of my forwards are playing.

5. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on April 13, 2012, 12:27
    @Dino and @Tigertime

Thanks. I'm not sure if I want to use 2 trades as my fixups. Not sure if that will be overkill, though it is an option if I think it will be worth it.

I'm leaning towards keeping Dickson, but I think my backline I have more problems than my forward line. Wilkes hasn't been mentioned yet, and they appear to already have some young players playing at the moment, so not sure how many they are going to play.

I'm a bit funny about using a second trade in my forward line. But can be convinced. I'm just a bit tight with my trades, at least most of my forwards are playing. </blockquote>

Wilkes to Bugg a must!

6. obleex

obleex New Member

My team looks like this, what would you guys change, if anything?

DEF: Goddard Deledio Shaw Broughton Lake Clarke Bugg (Ellis Morris)
    MID: Pendles Ablett Boyd Magner C.Smith Shiel (McDonald Ledger)
    RUCK: Cox Mummy (Giles Redden)
    FWD: Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Kennedy D.Smith Hall (Dickson Smedts)

Am I one premium too heavy down back? Not stoked with my fwds, but was planning on trading Hall/Dickson out for Milera for hopefully a few more points. Or would I be better off downgrading a defender down to a rookie (or Dempsey) and upgrading a fwd to a premium? McDonald back next week will help my mids.

7. Cubbie

Cubbie New Member

@obleex look at Greene and Melira thats about it.

8. traviso

traviso Active Member

I think your FWD prems are fine. Most people have bought in Milera or Greene for Dickson/Hall/Smedts/Ledger (you could move Kennedy to mid to get greene or milera in FWD)

depends what you want but i wouldn't trade broughton.

9. traviso

traviso Active Member

Should i dump Hale for Kruezer or Broughton for Clarke or someone else down back?

10. Cubbie

Cubbie New Member

@traviso - you have to persist with Broughton, he has gone through 2 games before with low scores.

11. WillS

WillS Member

@traviso

Greene is mid only.

12. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Just did the Double Kennedy on the Missus team...... ;)

In JP Kennedy, A Kennedy.

Out Dusty, Wingard with an extra &#36;70k in the pocket.

Personally, I think it's a master stroke. :D

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on April 13, 2012, 12:43
    <blockquote>Quote from HotPiesColdDrinks on April 13, 2012, 12:27
    @Dino and @Tigertime

I'm a bit funny about using a second trade in my forward line. But can be convinced. I'm just a bit tight with my trades, at least most of my forwards are playing. </blockquote>

Wilkes to Bugg a must!</blockquote>

+2

14. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

^ ^ great team Obleex - have the same forward bench as you and now worrried about cover as both Smedts and Dickson are out. Also have Hall there as F7 and he's not a great scorer/worried about his JS given he was vested last week.

My worry is that I now have 22 trades, and have a (premium - midprice - rookie) Def: 3 - 2 - 4, Mid: 4 - 0 - 4 Ruck: 1 - 0 - 3 For: 3 - 2 - 4 setup. Worried I won't have enough trades to upgrade to maximum later in the season? Given normal wear and tear in a season you can count on having an injury or two to throw a spanner in the works.

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on April 13, 2012, 10:10
    <blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on April 12, 2012, 11:43
    @22nd_best_on_Field

Judging on stats from previous years, I don't think Broughton will fall below 350k. Then I can just pretend he's a prime beef rookie and use him for my first upgrade into Goddard.

That being said, if Broughton's role change appears permanent after this week, I can always switch to Newman/Enright (Who also have 140+ BE's) and save myself kinda.

Seriously considering Broughton->Geary/Surjan/Waters...I'm just too scared to do something as outrageous as that!

</blockquote>
    Fair enough h-dons,
    I just know the first five minutes after lockout would be a lot more comfortable every wk with BG, rather than GB in the starting 22 and if you've the cash to do it now I can't see any logic in not doing it. Even their initials seem to suggest the should be swapped for each other!

If you keep broughton beyond this round then he has to stay for the season i reckon as avoiding the "premium sideways" trade is the only hesitation on that trade IMO.
    That being said I just rate Goddard as a champ and he just 'IS A' SC gun (obviously last season start being the exception), a set and forget player, where as with broughton its more like he has the ability or 'CAN BE' a SC gun but its dependant on what he and his coaches are thinking each rd so he gives you headaches every week. best of luck with it mate ive steered clear of him, which normally means he a good shot at the brownlow anyway!</blockquote>

Couldn't agree with you more on Goddard...my only problem is the trade would leave me with 11k in the bank and not enough to get Milera or Greene (I have decided to only get Milera and hold off on Ledger->Greene). I needed to get Paine out as I don't think he will play again this year unless the pies get more injuries.

I am more comfortable with 75k in the bank...is this crazy? Of course I will get Goddard eventually, I just don't see it as being a problem for now as the rest of my team is in pretty good shape.

Haha good luck to you too mate! I have a good habit of upgrading into premiums who get injured or suspended in the first round of having them (Shaw, Roughhead and Mundy last year) so its probably better for you I'm not getting Goddard now!