Who to start

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Buttkicker, Sep 2, 2011.

1. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

One of Bower, Ellis or Morris for me. Not convinced Bower will play the four quarters.

2. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

for me its two of c.smith, ledger, shiel and d.smith. think both of the first two are big sub risks, however have the most scoring potential, especially with the tough match the gws boys have this week. it would really make it alot easier if the coaches had to name the subs when they name the teams

3. Dino

Dino New Member

@Hawks....would be awesome if they had to do that. Take a lot of the guess work out and not have as many headaches. Agree with Ledger and Smith. They are sitting on the pine for me this week. I'm running with Magner and Shiel.

I have to decide who to start out of Bugg, Clarke, Ellis and Morris. Bugg will def get a gig I think. With the quality of players running around tonight, not sure Clarke will get as much of it as I would want him too.

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Ellis and Morris both beneched for me - playing Bugg and Clarke in front. I think Ellis should go ok against Melb though.

In forwards i've gone Milera over Smith just on pure weight of numbers in the first two rounds. I think Ledger will be the sub again so Milera should be safe

5. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Mohr or Smedts? I know the season so far suggests Mohr, but I feel Smedts certainly plays the more "Supercoach friendly" game, aswell as having a slightly easier game with North at Etihad as opposed to the GWS hosting West Coast. Then there's the possibility that Smedts could be sub (named on the pine). Help please!!!

6. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Bugg ahead of Clarke? Why?

7. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I have concerns on Clarke scoring tonight in what is likely to be a very high pressured game. Bugg and Clarke are on a par IMO.

8. drgoat

drgoat New Member

Any chance Clarke will be the sub?

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Milera and ledger are my main problems...lucky they are both playing my bench this week.

Got Kennedy as my forward rookie and Magner and Shiel in the mids.

Defense is definitely the hardest this round. I have Clarke and Bugg currently. But strongly considering Morris over Clarke. I'll need every minute up until lockout!

10. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Does anyone have Clay Smith

Clay Smith or Shiels for my mid6 spot?

11. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

Slightly different theme, but similar context. My question is who to put as emergency. With Mumford selected this week, I'm hesitant not to put the E on Redden just in case the back isn't right and Mummy is another late withdrawal. My conundrum then is which line to take the 'emergency' from. At this stage I'm taking the risk in the backline purely because I beleive Morris' has less scoring power than Shiel or D Smith on the other lines, but it's doing my head in!!

Don't see the point of only having 3 emergencies!!

12. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Clarke as sub - my fears exactly. Could he share time with Maxwell?

13. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

At least the pies are playing tonight, so we will know the subs before lockout. If he is the sub, no probs, just put him on your bench

14. bama

bama Active Member

i'm going with morris and ellis on the field with bugg my emergency, just think there are normally more points on offer to the winning team, and the Giants will more than likely get smashed again. That's my theory anyway!

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@bama
    You could also say that as the footy will live in the GWS backline, Bugg will get a large amount of ball so therefore the small piece of points pie that GWS get will largely be shared between him and the 3-4 'premium' priced players.

I wanted to pick one of Ellis and Morris but I couldn't split them so they are both on the bench.

16. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

ledger vs c smith - i realise both are vest candidates but want to know which one is LESS likely to start on the pine?

17. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

id take ledger, but i did that last week and he got me 17... anybody, Milera or D.Smith, and ellis morris or mohr?

18. Cubbie

Cubbie New Member

2 of Golby, Bugg, Morris and Ellis.

Leaning towards Golby and Morris - I think Morris v the Dee's and hoping there is space for Golby to find the ball at Subi.

Dreamteam

19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@fitzy - thanks -

based on opinions here I am going Ellis d8 Morris d9/emg Mohr D10. I would go d smith over milera unless you are ocnfidentt that milera will start!

20. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

gonna take a huge risk and put milera on field, surely ledger sub! fingers crossed haha or armitage