Who else went Broughton to Dempsey? :o

Discussion in 'AFL' started by fidelsfinger, Apr 15, 2012.

1. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'm the current leader for most idiotic trade of the season so far,
    who else is in my boat?
    :x

2. spud

spud New Member

I didn't personally (still got rid of the freo hack however)but can see it being one of the most popular trades. A bloke underperforming with a high BE to a bolter with an extremely low BE who is putting serious points on the board.

Couple this with the injuries to fyfe, l.burger and serious underpformance from Pendles and even Cloke, it'll be a fairly unique team that takes out the prize this week one would imagine.

3. obleex

obleex New Member

You'd be spewing!!!

4. hongDOGhua

hongDOGhua New Member

Yeah, I did it. Instant backfire. Bloody hell.

5. MoralDisorder

MoralDisorder New Member

Yes and what an idiot i feel!

6. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

All I can say is I told you so. Dempsey can't be trusted and has a history of hamstring problems. Can't believe so many people got sucked in, lol.

Never trade our your guns. Golden rule of SC. They will always come good.

7. DC

DC Member

Agree with Steve.

I mentioned in a couple of threads that he came with a Higgins/Rioli type risk and not to get sucked in with his high scores at Eithad so far.

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I traded Broughton to Geary instead. Thank the lord!

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Broughton to Hombsch. Had Dempsey in from the start.

10. J_C

J_C Guest

A mate of mine went Duffield to Dempsey this week instead. So far that's cost him a trade & 110 points. Fair to say he's not loving that decision atm.

11. theclaud

theclaud New Member

Thanks to @DC and Steve's comments through the week I decided against Dempsey and got Goddard instead. Still a trade used though.
    Thanks boys.

12. crew

crew New Member

<blockquote>Quote from theclaud on April 14, 2012, 23:44
    Thanks to @DC and Steve's comments through the week I decided against Dempsey and got Goddard instead. Still a trade used though.
    Thanks boys. </blockquote>
    Same here. I dont do injury prone playes full stop.
    Grimes/Higgins have taught me well.

13. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I traded out Howard who was injured to Dempsey. So not as bad as trading Broughton to him but still terrible to trade one injured player for another, and earn only 6 points. So not only did I lose Howard this year, I've lost Dempsey too, also Fyfe, oh and Lake is going to get suspended.

14. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Broughton > Dempsey could go down in history as one of the most EPIC FAIL trades of all time.

I didnt have broughton so no dramas there ( don't worry tho..i have plenty of other dramas to deal with :( )

Easy to predict that it was probably not a great move but the points turnaround and the fact that Dempsey may now have hamstring issues (not really a major surprise) is a real killer blow. I dont think anyone would really have seen a result as dramatic as that coming.

SC is certainly throwing out some curveballs again!!

15. tuscanraiders

tuscanraiders New Member

Yeah made just that trade. He was moving reasonably freely at QTR time though. I've burnt the trade may as well stick it out for a week or so.

Still early days!

I got rid of Luke Parker for Masten as well. Lil Lukey then goes and cracks the ton. D'oh!

16. nick1112

nick1112 New Member

Dempsey looked okay doing his fitness test at qtr time. Might be alright to play next week? Not sure whether to trade or keep.

Broughton looked like he really got into the game after Fyfe was subbed. Starting to think he might be worth a look now he will be about 30k cheaper

17. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Went Darley up to Dempsey so could have been worse. Also Fyfe. Lake. Pendles.

18. Lancepm

Lancepm New Member

I did trade Broughton, but thankfully my backline was too weak to risk moving down from a prem to a mid, so I upgraded to Deledio instead. PHEW!

Unfortunately, I had to go Parker down to Milers to achieve it, so I have lost out ultimately anyway. At least this loss has a chance of recouping itself in time...

19. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on April 14, 2012, 22:32
    All I can say is I told you so. Dempsey can't be trusted and has a history of hamstring problems. Can't believe so many people got sucked in, lol.

Never trade our your guns. Golden rule of SC. They will always come good. </blockquote>

*Unless their name is Alan Didak :)

Kept Broughton but also have Dempsey. AFL website says it was just hamstring tightness and he will play against Carlton.

Don't stress if you have Dempsey...the games he plays in he will score 80+ and looks much improved...just needs to stay on the park (fingers crossed).

20. shaken

shaken New Member

+1 for Broughton to Geary. Lost around 10 points (and a trade), but gained a lot of coin (and less stress!)